PDA

View Full Version : Concerning LSU coach search...

Westdawg
06-19-2021, 08:49 AM
I just saw a post on twitter from a new anchor in Louisiana. He stated that maybe LSU was after Lemonis with them having not announced a coach yet - first time I heard that and concerning to me

https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status/1405970149447028740?s=21

The Federalist Engineer
06-19-2021, 08:51 AM
https://www.cah.utexas.edu/db/dmr/image_lg/di_05812.jpg

DownwardDawg
06-19-2021, 08:54 AM
Yeah…… I don’t see that happening.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 09:16 AM
No idea if there's any truth to it or not, but I'd be concerned if they courted him. Florida took one from us in recent history.

VandelayIndustries
06-19-2021, 09:29 AM
Fletcher Mackel is a turd, don’t listen to anything that clown says

AlSwearengen
06-19-2021, 10:24 AM
We?ve got to find a way to even the scholarship playing field. Dead horse, I know. But that would be one less unattractive aspect to our job. The LSU job comes with more pressure than ours but there are also built in advantages.

Hambone
06-19-2021, 10:32 AM
I mean, can you blame LSU? They’d be idiots to not at least try. We have one of the best coaches in the country.

Homedawg
06-19-2021, 10:34 AM
No idea if there's any truth to it or not, but I'd be concerned if they courted him. Florida took one from us in recent history.

Not concerned

Homedawg
06-19-2021, 10:35 AM
We?ve got to find a way to even the scholarship playing field. Dead horse, I know. But that would be one less unattractive aspect to our job. The LSU job comes with more pressure than ours but there are also built in advantages.

The pressure here is just as great IMO.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 11:01 AM
Not concerned

You're obviously much more connected to the program than me, so good

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-19-2021, 11:03 AM
I just saw a post on twitter from a new anchor in Louisiana. He stated that maybe LSU was after Lemonis with them having not announced a coach yet - first time I heard that and concerning to me

https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status/1405970149447028740?s=21

As a Mississippi State fan, I?m not worried about LSU?s coaching search. If I was a Tennessee fan, I would be.

SteelCurtain74
06-19-2021, 11:10 AM
These searches hardly ever go in the direction that you think. I could see it being Jay Johnson or possibly even Dan Heefner at Dallas Baptist. An outside possibility would be Checketts at UC Santa Barbara.

EdwardDrayton
06-19-2021, 11:17 AM
Chris Lemonis is the head coach of the premier college baseball program in the country. He is right where he wants to be.

LC Dawg
06-19-2021, 01:10 PM
LSU is obviously a premier job but with so many schools putting more resources into their baseball programs the path to championships isn't nearly as easy there as it used to be but the expectations will remain the same as always.

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 01:16 PM
I mean, can you blame LSU? They’d be idiots to not at least try. We have one of the best coaches in the country.

Yet some amongst us feel he still needs to prove his worthiness.

chef dixon
06-19-2021, 01:21 PM
Meh, we've evened if not passed them in terms of head coaching gigs

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 01:29 PM

Feel free to be concerned if that's what you want to do. Good luck with that.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Lemonis's agent probably put that out there to make sure we Pony up after the season ends....which we should.

BeardoMSU
06-19-2021, 01:57 PM
....which we should.

and we will.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 02:02 PM
Feel free to be concerned if that's what you want to do. Good luck with that.

LSU is a better baseball program than us. I never said he'd leave, but I guarantee you he'd listen if they called

redstickdawg
06-19-2021, 02:09 PM
This has been my worry since bianco is obviously not their target.

Todd4State
06-19-2021, 02:12 PM
LSU is a better baseball program than us. I never said he'd leave, but I guarantee you he'd listen if they called

They're about the same as us now that gorilla ball bats have been outlawed. Look at what they have done since 2001 compared to us.

chef dixon
06-19-2021, 02:16 PM
I think y'all are underestimating where we are at as a program. This isn't 20 years ago. They may have a winning history but a third of the league has caught up to them and they aren't touching our game day atmosphere

msstate7
06-19-2021, 02:19 PM
They're about the same as us now that gorilla ball bats have been outlawed. Look at what they have done since 2001 compared to us.

Natty: LSU 2, state 0
CWS: LSU 8, state 5
Sec champs: LSU 5, state 1

Our stadium is superior though

Cooterpoot
06-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Nothing to it. Someone is trolling.

StarkVegasSteve
06-19-2021, 02:31 PM
Yea?.that ain?t happening. Next topic.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Lemonis is not a "fit" for those turds down there. Troll job

KOdawg1
06-19-2021, 02:46 PM
Purple and gold would make Lemonis look even more fat** No chance

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Natty: LSU 2, state 0
CWS: LSU 8, state 5
Sec champs: LSU 5, state 1

Our stadium is superior though

Those stats are the last thing that would motivate Lemonis to bolt to LSU. Current conditions and situations do that. The only way he leaves is if decides his best chance to win more is to go where he has scholarship advantages that State doesn't.

AlSwearengen
06-19-2021, 02:59 PM

I’m going to say that without gorilla ball, there is no Intimidator. Without DBall, there is no gorilla ball.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 03:20 PM
Lemonis is not a "fit" for those turds down there. Troll job

Lemonis fits LSU like he fits in a size Large shirt.....not a fit

preachermatt83
06-19-2021, 03:36 PM
No. Trust me. Lemo will never leave Starkville or his own accord. He LOVES Starkville and coaching this team. His family and his staff and their families love it. Trust me. He ain?t going anywhere.

preachermatt83
06-19-2021, 03:38 PM
Mississippi state people are the only fanbase In the country who does this to themselves so badly. You think bama or Clemson are worrying about their football coaches leaving every year? I don?t think some of our fanbase realizes what an amazing job our baseball coaching job is.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 03:39 PM
No. Trust me. Lemo will never leave Starkville or his own accord. He LOVES Starkville and coaching this team. His family and his staff and their families love it. Trust me. He ain?t going anywhere.

Well shit, preach....

https://media.tenor.com/images/26dff8b57e16ab0a46bfe5871d6a0270/tenor.gif

msstate7
06-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Mississippi state people are the only fanbase In the country who does this to themselves so badly. You think bama or Clemson are worrying about their football coaches leaving every year? I don?t think some of our fanbase realizes what an amazing job our baseball coaching job is.

We comparing ourselves to Clemson and Bama football?

BiscuitEater
06-19-2021, 03:43 PM
If Bianco is not named coach soon, it could be because LSU is taking swings at two coaches in the CWS ? two-time national champion Tim Corbin at Vanderbilt and rising Tennessee coach Tony Vitello, who makes just $600,000 a year at the moment.

UT says 'it's not' because they are 'UT!'

msstate7
06-19-2021, 03:48 PM
You know it's gonna make the LSU fanbase butt hurt if lowly aTm makes the splash hire in the sec and not them. Who is the biggest name possible? That's who I think they will shoot for first

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 03:50 PM
You know it's gonna make the LSU fanbase butt hurt if lowly aTm makes the splash hire in the sec and not them. Who is the biggest name possible? That's who I think they will shoot for first

No doubt they want Corbin or Vitello first. That's the biggest splashes out there

Bothrops
06-19-2021, 04:00 PM
No doubt they want Corbin or Vitello first. That's the biggest splashes out there

I don't think they have a shot at Corbin. They must not want Vitello.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 04:14 PM
I don't think they have a shot at Corbin. They must not want Vitello.

Why do you say they must not want Vitello? I figure they will be all over him when the CWS ends.

preachermatt83
06-19-2021, 04:18 PM
We comparing ourselves to Clemson and Bama football?

Our baseball program? Absolutely

MoreCowbell
06-19-2021, 04:18 PM
I think y'all are underestimating where we are at as a program. This isn't 20 years ago. They may have a winning history but a third of the league has caught up to them and they aren't touching our game day atmosphere

We have the best atmosphere in CBB and have had as much success as anyone in last 10 years. It is baseball, at this moment in time we are a top job

MoreCowbell
06-19-2021, 04:20 PM
If you are a 16, 17 or 18 year old prospect and have watched college baseball in your life, we are a top 3 destination job

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 04:25 PM
To be fair, 99% of our fan base isn't concerned about this

KOdawg1
06-19-2021, 04:39 PM

Which is why they haven't announced Bianca or Godwin yet. Their top choices are still playing.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 04:55 PM
If you are a 16, 17 or 18 year old prospect and have watched college baseball in your life, we are a top 3 destination job

We might be 4th in the sec. LSU and vandy for sure, maybe Florida/ark.

eTA... don't get me wrong, we are a top flight program. We just aren't Bama/Clemson football elite

msstate7
06-19-2021, 05:01 PM
Our baseball program? Absolutely

Add up national titles and conference championships for Clemson and Bama football compared to us. Vandy and LSU are quite clearly better programs than us, and Florida and ark have great claims too. We're anywhere from 3rd to 5th best program in the sec... bama anc Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the country.

We're more Georgia football if you throw out their 1980 season.

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 05:44 PM
Add up national titles and conference championships for Clemson and Bama football compared to us. Vandy and LSU is quite clearly better programs than us, and Florida and ark have great claims too. We're anywhere from 3rd to 5th best program in the sec... bama anc Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the country.

We're more Georgia football if you throw out their 1980 season.

We are presently just as good as any program in the country with a legendary game day atmosphere unparalleled. Us worrying about another school stealing our coach makes as much sense as bamer and Clemson fans doing the same.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Lemonis fits LSU like he fits in a size Large shirt.....not a fit

Right. You know certain schools look for a certain "type" of coach. Lemonis does not fit that crazy bunches type at all. Now O Sullivan would be a perfect fit he matches the whininess they like lol.

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Right. You know certain schools look for a certain "type" of coach. Lemonis does not fit that crazy bunches type at all. Now O Sullivan would be a perfect fit he matches the whininess they like lol.

Yep, unfortunately Vitello would fit them like a glove. And he would win big there.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2021, 06:03 PM
Yep, unfortunately Vitello would fit them like a glove. And he would win big there.

Yes he's another lsu type and you're right he's kill it there.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 06:08 PM
We are presently just as good as any program in the country with a legendary game day atmosphere unparalleled. Us worrying about another school stealing our coach makes as much sense as bamer and Clemson fans doing the same.

If we win a natty, you can say that. Arkansas has a great game atmosphere too, but like us, no title. It's time for us to get what it takes to be elite and not just really good

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 06:10 PM
If we win a natty, you can say that. Arkansas has a great game atmosphere too, but like us, no title. It's time for us to get what it takes to be elite and not just really good

I see what you're saying about no titles, and I don't think we're comparable to Bama and Clemson football...but just like Arkansas isn't worried about LSU stealing Van Horn, we shouldn't be worried about LSU stealing Lemonis

Commercecomet24
06-19-2021, 06:14 PM
I see what you're saying about no titles, and I don't think we're comparable to Bama and Clemson football...but just like Arkansas isn't worried about LSU stealing Van Horn, we shouldn't be worried about LSU stealing Lemonis

Also can't really compare baseball to football, not the same animal. I would say based on the totality of our program we have to be a top 6-8 job in the country.

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 06:18 PM

This. And I realize we are no Clemson or bamer; just saying worrying about our coach is similar to bamer and Clemson worrying about theirs.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 06:21 PM
Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?

CadaverDawg
06-19-2021, 06:33 PM
Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?

Of course. But Manieri is no Saban, and Lemonis is no Dabo. And Lemonis didn't go to LSU

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;1337491]Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?[

Good point. But with our current situation, I just don't think a thread of us worrying about LSU taking our coach is worthy of discussion. Even though I am discussing it, LOL

Cooterpoot
06-19-2021, 07:19 PM
Baseball isn't football and Lemonis ain't going anywhere. Enjoy the CWS. 17 the rest!

msstate7
06-19-2021, 07:22 PM
Obviously there's a difference between football and baseball, but you can't consider yourself the best program in the country if you have no titles. It's ridiculous.

As far as lemonis leaving, if homedawg says he isn't, then I don't think he is. Regardless though, lsu is a better program than us

Saltydog
06-19-2021, 08:26 PM
Uh, we haven't had Vanderbilt's success......

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 08:29 PM
Obviously there's a difference between football and baseball, but you can't consider yourself the best program in the country if you have no titles. It's ridiculous.

As far as lemonis leaving, if homedawg says he isn't, then I don't think he is. Regardless though, lsu is a better program than us

For the last 5-7 years or so? I'm thinking we've overtaken LSU for now.

msstate7
06-19-2021, 08:34 PM
For the last 5-7 years or so? I'm thinking we've overtaken LSU for now.

Pretty even. If you do that time period, us, ark, and LSU all have a claim to #3 in the sec behind Florida and vandy

Commercecomet24
06-19-2021, 08:35 PM
Baseball isn't football and Lemonis ain't going anywhere. Enjoy the CWS. 17 the rest!

Succinct and well said!

Coach34
06-19-2021, 08:52 PM
You don't leave Miss State baseball to go somewhere else. If Coach Mac had it to do over again he wouldnt have left.

preachermatt83
06-19-2021, 09:13 PM
You don't leave Miss State baseball to go somewhere else. If Coach Mac had it to do over again he wouldnt have left.

EXACTLY

maroonmania
06-19-2021, 09:20 PM
Uh, we haven't had Vanderbilt's success......

Vanderbilt is just a different animal given they are a private school that gives scholarships that public schools can't. Its really apples and oranges.

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 09:40 PM
Moan Zona

OLJWales
06-19-2021, 09:45 PM
Bull shit umps.

SteelCurtain74
06-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Article concerning Jay Johnson and LSU.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/arizona-baseball/2021/6/19/22541708/jay-johnson-lsu-head-baseball-coach-candidares-arizona-heeke-college-world-series-contract

I don't see Corbin leaving.

Coach34
06-19-2021, 10:00 PM
Corbin has a better job. He aint leaving. LSU is probably going to make Vitello say no before they offer Bunko or someone else. Tennessee better start building the shit he wants immediately.

Homedawg
06-19-2021, 10:21 PM
Corbin has a better job. He aint leaving. LSU is probably going to make Vitello say no before they offer Bunko or someone else. Tennessee better start building the shit he wants immediately.

Agree. Pretty much how I think.
ETA vitello better get the hell out of there while the iron is hot.

preachermatt83
06-19-2021, 10:44 PM
Agree. Pretty much how I think.
ETA vitello better get the hell out of there while the iron is hot.

Yup

Medic601
06-19-2021, 11:25 PM
Like Kendall Rogers said recently, States coaching staff ain?t going anywhere this year minus a late pull for Foxhall out of left field but if that happens it will take him by surprise Bc he knows nothing about it and also he said Cohen is about to drop some coin on this staff to make them very wealthy men and out of reach by a lot of programs out side of the ?blue bloods?.

Another thing he said, pulling an SEC coach from a top tier SEC program to another top tier SEC program is near impossible UNLESS they want out. If you have to court them and make promises and so forth, it ain?t happening. He has made some good points lately and one was big bucks ain?t talking in college baseball right now and LSU might be finding that out the hard way. If a big name coach isn?t ready to leave a program, money isn?t going to help.

If I had to bet, I bet at the last minute, after all the hoopla (just like State had with the big names tied to the search) an assistant to a big name HBC comes in and gets the gig and turns it around and becomes a big time HBC. Just my gut feeling but I bet LSU doesn?t pull a big name ?blue blood? HBC away from their program. The name being floated are being floated by Kendall Rogers and agents to get $$?. Per usual?. In my opinion.

TNDawg35
06-20-2021, 12:11 AM
Like Kendall Rogers said recently, States coaching staff ain?t going anywhere this year minus a late pull for Foxhall out of left field but if that happens it will take him by surprise Bc he knows nothing about it and also he said Cohen is about to drop some coin on this staff to make them very wealthy men and out of reach by a lot of programs out side of the ?blue bloods?.

Another thing he said, pulling an SEC coach from a top tier SEC program to another top tier SEC program is near impossible UNLESS they want out. If you have to court them and make promises and so forth, it ain?t happening. He has made some good points lately and one was big bucks ain?t talking in college baseball right now and LSU might be finding that out the hard way. If a big name coach isn?t ready to leave a program, money isn?t going to help.

If I had to bet, I bet at the last minute, after all the hoopla (just like State had with the big names tied to the search) an assistant to a big name HBC comes in and gets the gig and turns it around and becomes a big time HBC. Just my gut feeling but I bet LSU doesn?t pull a big name ?blue blood? HBC away from their program. The name being floated are being floated by Kendall Rogers and agents to get $$?. Per usual?. In my opinion.

Kendall Rogers tends to do that. He has a list of names that he always throws out when a gig comes open. Rinse and repeat every time. Schloss was coming here, but Cohen decided against it since what happened with Cann and I don’t blame him.

LSU should have wrapped him up before he went to A&M. He wanted out big time.

I think it’s gonna be Vitello or Bianco. Vitello isn’t stupid. He knows there is really no future and TN baseball and LSU is a premier job. You don’t stay at TN and turn down LSU baseball. We can make all the excuses we want. LSU is LSU and they are prolly the college baseball job besides us…

The whole Lemonis to LSU is bullshit and by a writer reaching. If you notice, he said maybe LSU is courting a Omaha coach, if I was LSU, my first call would be Lemonis. He never said they had interest.

And while I have the floor, I also think it is absolutely hilarious that Ole Miss thinks McDonnell would crawl back to Oxford if Bianco leaves. There is no chance of that happening. They will be lucky to get Godwin, but even I don’t think that happens. Godwin is building a huge program there, he went there, his dad went there and coaches there, and his family is there. That’s home for him just like LSU is home for Bianco. They aren’t a blue blood or blue chip or whatever the he’ll they wanna call themselves. Coaches look at that job and see what they have to go up against in LSU, State, and now A&M.

**** Ole Miss and Kendell Rogers lying ass. I have really come to dislike Kendell…

Medic601
06-20-2021, 12:23 AM
**** Ole Miss and Kendell Rogers lying ass. I have really come to dislike Kendell…

While I think Kendall has a wealth of insiders and knowledge about what’s happening, I also think he is very heavily compensated to float names and get chatter going to boost money and contracts and he does it like a champ. He knows good and well some of the names he ties to job openings have NO ties to them other than him working contacts and getting them more money.

I think he does have inside knowledge and does let some stuff leak out on purpose and he lets it leak out when he is supposed to and when he is told to. I don’t think he breaks news that he isn’t supposed to either.

With all that being said, I think he is a puppet for many of the big programs as a ‘news breaker’ so they can break news and make it look leaked and also I think he is used by coaches/agents as a money maker. But hey… who knows. But besides the names he drops (which you gotta take with a grain of salt) most of what he said is pretty much spot on.

Coach34
06-20-2021, 12:28 AM
I wouldnt necessarily say that Vitello would bolt for LSU. Tennessee has plenty of money and can support baseball if they want. Tenn crowds have been showing up and they even had block parties for the Super. If they promise to upgrade things like he wants- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he stayed. He is going to get a good bump in pay after this season.

I could see Bunko leaving for LSU because he has done all he can for that shithole job after 20 years. Plus he played for LSU. But even he wont be swayed too easily. Job security for 1 CWS appearance in 20 years is hard to find in the SEC

As far as our guys:

Lemon will coach at State as long as he wants or until he fails to make some NCAA Supers for an extended period
Foxhall wont leave until he gets a pro job or a HC job in college
GoTro will leave when he gets a quality HC job or he pisses Lemon off
Cheese will leave when he gets a chance to move up or if he pisses Lemon off

Todd4State
06-20-2021, 06:58 AM
I wouldnt necessarily say that Vitello would bolt for LSU. Tennessee has plenty of money and can support baseball if they want. Tenn crowds have been showing up and they even had block parties for the Super. If they promise to upgrade things like he wants- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he stayed. He is going to get a good bump in pay after this season.

I could see Bunko leaving for LSU because he has done all he can for that shithole job after 20 years. Plus he played for LSU. But even he wont be swayed too easily. Job security for 1 CWS appearance in 20 years is hard to find in the SEC

As far as our guys:

Lemon will coach at State as long as he wants or until he fails to make some NCAA Supers for an extended period
Foxhall wont leave until he gets a pro job or a HC job in college
GoTro will leave when he gets a quality HC job or he pisses Lemon off
Cheese will leave when he gets a chance to move up or if he pisses Lemon off

I agree. But I don't think LSU wants Bianco. I do think he would go if given the opportunity but I just doubt he gets it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-20-2021, 07:56 AM
I live in TN country. The fan support will be there as long as Vitello keeps winning. It's a populated area and they're starved for a wining program to support. Kinda like how we showed up when Vic won