PDA

View Full Version : Bednar vs Madden official

CadaverDawg
06-18-2021, 02:03 PM
I think if we're tied or ahead when Bednar has to come out, we should bring Harding in. Whatever it takes to start 2-0. What do you guys think?

HoopsDawg
06-18-2021, 02:22 PM
Sims pitched 4 vs Texas and shut them down. So it depends on the situation but I would be thinking Bednar-Sims for the win.

KB21
06-18-2021, 03:30 PM
This is a match up of first round picks. Kiley McDaniel has Madden going 11 to Washington and Bednar 24th to Atlanta.

smootness
06-18-2021, 03:41 PM
I think if we're tied or ahead when Bednar has to come out, we should bring Harding in. Whatever it takes to start 2-0. What do you guys think?

No, not Harding. You have your full pen at your disposal.

Rex54
06-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Bednar, PJ, Sims - possibly just Bednar:Sims if he can give us 6+.. remember no matter what we get a rest day before the next game.

I think you HAVE TO win this game. Remember, if you win the first two you get a 2 day break

R2Dawg
06-18-2021, 08:28 PM
Bednar, PJ, Sims - possibly just Bednar:Sims if he can give us 6+.. remember no matter what we get a rest day before the next game.

I think you HAVE TO win this game. Remember, if you win the first two you get a 2 day break

Tend to agree, go for the jugler right out of the gates. They don't want to see Sims.

KOdawg1
06-18-2021, 08:30 PM
We've seen Madden. They haven't seen Bednar. Advantage us.

I just hope Foxhall doesn't get too predictable calling pitches. ND was sitting fastball and when they got it, they didn't miss. If he can throw his slider for strikes, I think he has a good day.

Let's also hope his velo is back to normal. Last week, he was sitting around 93, but during the season it was around 95-96. Hopefully, it's not arm fatigue. Could just be a crappy radar gun though.

shoeless joe
06-18-2021, 08:43 PM
We've seen Madden. They haven't seen Bednar. Advantage us.

I just hope Foxhall doesn't get too predictable calling pitches. ND was sitting fastball and when they got it, they didn't miss. If he can throw his slider for strikes, I think he has a good day.

Let's also hope his velo is back to normal. Last week, he was sitting around 93, but during the season it was around 95-96. Hopefully, it's not arm fatigue. Could just be a crappy radar gun though.

His problem against ND was that he couldn’t locate the fastball. He will also have to control his emotions and body language. Stuff wise he’s the best we got so if he’s on I like our chances.

MetEdDawg
06-18-2021, 09:54 PM
His problem against ND was that he couldn’t locate the fastball. He will also have to control his emotions and body language. Stuff wise he’s the best we got so if he’s on I like our chances.

His other problem was too many balls on the slider too. You might get some swinging strikes, but you have to put your slider in the zone some the first couple innings. If you don't, the adjustment becomes don't swing at slider.

If you are going to set up the swing and miss slider, it's either got to be really damn good, or you have to give the batters some in the zone looks at it so they can't eliminate it.