PDA

View Full Version : How Long Would It Take to Demolisn the DNF Grandstand?

engie
11-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I found this interesting. Everyone knows aTm is undergoing a huge "renovation" of Kyle Field. This is what you may not know...

This is what it looked like at 9:02 AM Monday morning following our game.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131113-zqdj-162kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131113-zqdj-162kb)

This is what it looked like at 7:02 PM Tuesday night.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131113-c6oi-114kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131113-c6oi-114kb)

It appears that lower deck will be completely gone in 72 hours...

slickdawg
11-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I would think no more than two weeks to level it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I found this interesting. Everyone knows aTm is undergoing a huge "renovation" of Kyle Field. This is what you may not know...

This is what it looked like at 9:02 AM Monday morning following our game.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131113-zqdj-162kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131113-zqdj-162kb)

This is what it looked like at 7:02 PM Tuesday night.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131113-c6oi-114kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131113-c6oi-114kb)

It appears that lower deck will be completely gone in 72 hours...

We will find out may 2017.

Bert Stare
11-13-2013, 04:09 PM

messageboardsuperhero
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
I work in the construction field doing estimates and schedules. Kyle Field (lower level) demo doesn't have a street in front of it or other buildings to consider like we have at DNF. It would take a week to set up fencing and equipment and mobilize, a week to level the structure, a week to demo footings (which are substantial at DNF), and probably another week to haul off all the debris and clean up. So, basically a month at the maximum, and then you could begin the dirtwork/footings for the new stadium.

I have a little knowledge about stuff like this. It'd probably at the least take 3 weeks with a month being the absolute longest. Of course, this all depends on how much manpower we can dedicate to it.

The actual tearing down the stadium wouldn't take all that much time- it's the preparation, clean up, etc. that would take a little longer.

messageboardsuperhero
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
In other words, if we can get the SEC to schedule our last 2-3 series on the road, we should have the whole thing demolished and be totally ready to start building the new stadium by around the 1st of June.

Then we play a lot of early, non-conference road games until mid-March. That would give us 9 1/2 months of building after demolition. Considering Trustmark Park was built in 11 months, which includes the time they used clearing the forest and adding parking lots, that time frame actually seems somewhat realistic.

FlabLoser
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Hold my beer. Watch this...

State82
11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Nice pics Engie. I think that gives us a pretty good idea of what can be accomplished if you want to throw the dollars at it. I think the project can be pulled off without too much disruption in the typical Diamond Dawg schedule. I'm pumped about it. Just need to get it lined up now. Also, good info Bert Stare. I have not had the opportunity to deal with any large demo in my engineering work so that was something I had been wondering about.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
My only question is what if we are chosen to host a Regional or Super Regional? Where do we go? Or do we forfeit the chance?

engie
11-13-2013, 05:35 PM
My only question is what if we are chosen to host a Regional or Super Regional? Where do we go? Or do we forfeit the chance?

There's alot of situations in the past where teams host regionals away from their home fields. Most recently, Purdue did this in 2012. Their old baseball stadium couldn't support a regional and their new one was still under construction -- so they had it at the minor league park in Gary, Ind.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
There's alot of situations in the past where teams host regionals away from their home fields. Most recently, Purdue did this in 2012. Their old baseball stadium couldn't support a regional and their new one was still under construction -- so they had it at the minor league park in Gary, Ind.

So where would we have it? Jackson? Tupelo?

State82
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Like Todd said in an earlier thread, Trustmark Park could be a possibility depending on M-Braves schedule. There are off campus options in that scenario but they will have to be carefully coordinated well in advance.

engie
11-13-2013, 05:39 PM
So where would we have it? Jackson? Tupelo?

Trustmark Park or AutoZone Park -- with the new Regions Field also being a possibility...

Trustmark would certainly be the first priority -- and given that we've got years in advance to coordinate, it shouldn't be a problem. Even gives them time to figure out how to bring in another 4-5000 temporary seats for the ticket demand of an MSU regional...

TheRef
11-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Trustmark Park or AutoZone Park -- with the new Regions Field also being a possibility...

Trustmark would certainly be the first priority -- and given that we've got years in advance to coordinate, it shouldn't be a problem. Even gives them time to figure out how to bring in another 4-5000 temporary seats for the ticket demand of an MSU regional...

Trustmark would definitely be a good location to host if it ends up going to that. Would be a fun location to have it at for sure.

Bert Stare
11-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Something else to consider....

If they want to make easy money, give the lifetime ticket holders an opportunity to literally buy their seats. Give the lifetimers first shot at them, then sell the rest via the hailstate store. I know I would kill to have my 2 seats permanently mounted in my man cave. I would seriously give $100 per chairback. If I cared enough, I would tweet the idea at Stricklin. Penny-loafers loves some easy money.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2013, 05:50 PM

If they want to make easy money, give the lifetime ticket holders an opportunity to literally buy their seats. Give the lifetimers first shot at them, then sell the rest via the hailstate store. I know I would kill to have my 2 seats permanently mounted in my man cave. I would seriously give $100 per chairback. If I cared enough, I would tweet the idea at Stricklin. Penny-loafers loves some easy money.

Great idea. I'd definitely pay $100 a piece for a piece of history

dawgs
11-13-2013, 06:11 PM
my family never even had chairbacks (we've always had a LFL), but i'd buy a couple of unclaimed chairbacks for $100 per seat.

Todd4State
11-13-2013, 06:13 PM
I work in the construction field doing estimates and schedules. Kyle Field (lower level) demo doesn't have a street in front of it or other buildings to consider like we have at DNF. It would take a week to set up fencing and equipment and mobilize, a week to level the structure, a week to demo footings (which are substantial at DNF), and probably another week to haul off all the debris and clean up. So, basically a month at the maximum, and then you could begin the dirtwork/footings for the new stadium.

That's some really good info. I have a question though- could the fencing be set up before the season ends if we had a home series and not interefere too much?

Todd4State
11-13-2013, 06:18 PM

This is a great idea as well. I know that the Yankees and Cardinals sold seats from their old stadiums. In fact, if I remember correctly the Yankees actually sold the facade from the old Yankee Stadium as well. I've seen all kinds of things from old stadiums being sold- even things like urinals.

And as far as baseball memorabilia goes, 100 bucks for a stadium seat is very cheap. I've seen seats go for 400 dollars and higher depending on the stadium.

I do like the idea of giving the lifetimers a chance to get their seat. Heck, I'd be willing to do it for free if they wanted it as a peace offering. Although, some of them may just get pissed off every time they look at it as well. And it should have their names on the seat as well.