PDA

View Full Version : Interesting pitching stat on Twitter. Positive for us potentially...

CadaverDawg
06-16-2021, 01:01 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5di5la.jpg

Thoughts?

OLJWales
06-16-2021, 01:46 PM
Would like to see the math excluding Hoover just for shits and giggles. Thanks for the stats Eastwood.

Todd4State
06-17-2021, 01:39 AM
Our fans put too much pressure on our players.**

It's weird. And OLJ- good point about the SEC Tournament. That actually probably skews it some.

Lord McBuckethead
06-17-2021, 07:18 AM
The teams we played home and away is also a factor.

ScoobaDawg
06-17-2021, 08:32 AM
The teams we played home and away is also a factor.
Yep someone with time on their hands should
Recalculate it based on SOS for home and away

Rayburn8
06-17-2021, 04:11 PM
Yep someone with time on their hands should
Recalculate it based on SOS for home and away

Idk how you account for SOS but here are the weekend series we have played this year split by home and away.

Road series:
The Texas Trio
LSU
Auburn
Vandy
South Carolina
Alabama
Hoover

Home series:
Tulane
Kent State
Eastern Michigan
Arkansas
Kentucky
Ole Miss
A&M
Mizzou
Regional
Notre Dame

Ezsoil
06-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Idk how you account for SOS but here are the weekend series we have played this year split by home and away.

Road series:
The Texas Trio
LSU
Auburn
Vandy
South Carolina
Alabama
Hoover

Home series:
Tulane
Kent State
Eastern Michigan
Arkansas
Kentucky
Ole Miss
A&M
Mizzou
Regional
Notre Dame

I'd say the road/neutral schedule was infinitely tougher ....

ScoobaDawg
06-18-2021, 09:43 AM
I think the more realistic might to do home / away for the sec portion of the schedule. it takes out MOST of the "weaker" games.
Hell you could leave in the first 3 games also but that just makes it more confusing.

'

Johnson85
06-18-2021, 10:23 AM
I'd say the road/neutral schedule was infinitely tougher ....

I don't know. Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Notre Dame were probably the best hitting teams we played? Then our regional was offense heavy, although that's hard to say how good their offense was because our regional opponents' lack of games against good teams. That's obviously offset by having Tulane, Kent State, and Easter Michigan at home, compared to the road games that were all SEC games except for the season opening tournament or whatever they called it that was against good competition. But it's not obvious to me how it balances out on net. I'd think the road series were still on average tougher offenses than we faced at home, but not positive.