PDA

View Full Version : On to Texas...

msstate7
06-15-2021, 08:39 AM
Who we most likely facing sunday? Who we gonna counter with? Who are they bats to look for? Can't remember anything about our game with them (except we won), and I haven't watched them since

Cooterpoot
06-15-2021, 08:41 AM
Madden, who we beat to start the season. Bednar will start for us. They're nothing special. I like our chances.

StarkVegasSteve
06-15-2021, 08:54 AM
It'll be a big advantage for us being that we've already seen Madden and were successful against him and they faced Mac last time and never even saw Bednar.

basedog
06-15-2021, 09:26 AM
It'll be a big advantage for us being that we've already seen Madden and were successful against him and they faced Mac last time and never even saw Bednar.

Bednar is due for a big game. I expect a low scoring type game.

smootness
06-15-2021, 09:41 AM
Madden has had a great year but seems to be somewhat mediocre against good teams.

He pitched very well in the regional and SR, but walked 4 in each of those. Before that, he had given up 20 runs in his previous 29.2 IP. He will likely go 5 or 6 innings, and we should be able to score a few runs off him.

So honestly, he seems similar to Bednar and MacLeod. Strikes guys out, has pitched well over the course of the year but lately has only been so-so, and he typically doesn't go very deep. Just need to have a good approach, and we should be able to score on him. Need Bednar to be on as well.