PDA

View Full Version : Bianco to LSU gaining steam

TNDawg35
06-14-2021, 10:57 PM
So was doing some reading tonight and have been seeing reports of Bianco to LSU almost done. Some say a announcement could come as early as tom.

Here is the kicker tho, every Ole Miss fan then chimes in saying well if that happens, we will go get Godwin or McDonnell. Both want our job 100%? Then saw a Twitter thing claiming Ole Miss was gonna offer 8mil over 4 years for a baseball coach and they would get whoever they wanted. That?s 2mil a year. If I?m not mistaken, the highest paid coach is 1.2mil.

How the jell is that? Just cause they were assistants there at one time? Godwin is at his alma mater and ain?t going anywhere. McDonnell has a pretty easy path through the ACC and has built Louisville, with the help of Lemonis, into what they are now.

I just don?t understand their thinking that they are some big blue blood baseball school?

On a side note, I honestly think Bianco would kill it at LSU. He has made Ole Miss something when they were nothing. I think it would be an excellent hire.

CadaverDawg
06-14-2021, 11:00 PM
It's not a coach thing up there....it's a culture thing. So they can hire whoever the hell they want.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 11:04 PM
Cliff is the likeliest of hires, but even that is tricky, because he's at his Alma Mater and LOVES that place. I saw his postgame after losing to Vandy, and that does not look like a guy that wants to walk away from that place without taking them to the next level.

Rex54
06-14-2021, 11:18 PM
Godwin currently makes 400K. He would leave for East Mississippi Community College if they threw 2M annually at him.

AlSwearengen
06-14-2021, 11:21 PM
Would McDonell come to MS where his best friend coaches the hated rival?

Apoplectic
06-14-2021, 11:56 PM
Bianca to lsu is a smoke screen. He?s not their target.

Commercecomet24
06-15-2021, 12:07 AM
Don't see them hiring Bianca he's choked to many times in the postseason for their liking. They want another Bertman and that ain't bianca

Todd4State
06-15-2021, 01:37 AM
Cliff is the likeliest of hires, but even that is tricky, because he's at his Alma Mater and LOVES that place. I saw his postgame after losing to Vandy, and that does not look like a guy that wants to walk away from that place without taking them to the next level.

McDonnell isn't going to Ole Miss or LSU. Godwin might. He also might be trying to get another raise. Which is what he did when he claimed that we were interested in him.

Todd4State
06-15-2021, 01:38 AM
Don't see them hiring Bianca he's choked to many times in the postseason for their liking. They want another Bertman and that ain't bianca

If they do hire him they have the same issues that MSU had in baseball from 2000-2013.

Todd4State
06-15-2021, 01:39 AM
Also- I imagine Bianco probably has a fairly steep buyout. I can't see Ole Miss waiving that. Reduce it- maybe/probably.

Dolphus Raymond
06-15-2021, 09:12 PM
I?m beginning to think Bianco to LSU is not going to happen. If it was Bianco, one would think the announcement would have been made today. Thinking it must be a coach with a team headed to Omaha. I could be wrong.

KOdawg1
06-15-2021, 09:21 PM
I?m beginning to think Bianco to LSU is not going to happen. If it was Bianco, one would think the announcement would have been made today. Thinking it must be a coach with a team headed to Omaha. I could be wrong.

I don't know if LSU would hire him, but I'd give Link Jarrett a look. I was really impressed with his demeanor and the way his team played. I think he could land a big time job somewhere.

Westdawg
06-16-2021, 12:08 PM
I don't know if LSU would hire him, but I'd give Link Jarrett a look. I was really impressed with his demeanor and the way his team played. I think he could land a big time job somewhere.

If I were the one looking, I would give a call to Jarrett.

CadaverDawg
06-16-2021, 12:48 PM
Guys it is so funny reading the Ole Miss board about this Bianco stuff. First their guy Douche Garrett told them LSU wants Bianco and Keith Carter would gladly let him go bc he expects more from Ole Miss baseball. So all the Ole Miss people start saying who they want as their new coach. Then Garrett says they will offer 2 million or whatever it takes per year and land McDonnell or Godwin, whichever one they want, almost guaranteed. Now today since it looks like LSU doesn't want Mini Mike, Garrett is telling their sheep that the LSU offer isn't more than he's making at Ole Miss so he will probably stay. It's always slanted as "Ole Miss demands excellence and has the means to do what they want", yet they could very easily end up with more years of Mike. It is so hilarious watching them act like they are the greatest and then spinning the hell out of it when it inevitably turns out that they are not. Hahaha

Cooterpoot
06-16-2021, 01:12 PM
OM isn't paying $2MM. Their fans are 17tards. LSU isn't paying $2MM either, & they're about to take their coach.

The Federalist Engineer
06-16-2021, 01:18 PM
Seems that Bianco brings drama and baggage without being successful in a way that should excite LSU expectations. There is not a swaggering presence, he rather looks like Mr. Magoo. Plus, the "damaged goods" vibe that OM is demonstrating.

If you are LSU, would you not say, keep Mini Mike, I'll swing for McD or Vitello where the respective fanbases and administrators would hold vigil and pray for their retention.

If you are Bianco, maybe you feel super insulted. You play for the Tennessee or Louisville job, after Vitello or McD take the LSU job, and leave OM high and dry. Punishment for being ingrates.

It would not be that surprising if OM ends up with a Matt Luke situation and a toxic job. Especially with Cohen padding OM Regionals with Tennessee Tech and other powerhouses.

thf24
06-16-2021, 01:23 PM
Might not happen this time, but I can't wait for the day they do finally get their wish, get rid of Bianco and return to the cellar.

OLJWales
06-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Bianco simply hasn't converted elite croots into elite results while having a bad reputation with pitcher's arms. Dont see why a powerhouse would want him.

PGHBulldogBG
06-16-2021, 02:37 PM
Might not happen this time, but I can't wait for the day they do finally get their wish, get rid of Bianco and return to the cellar.

I could see a Rick Ray situation happening here if they get rid of Bianco and get turned down by their top couple dream coaches

OLJWales
06-16-2021, 02:46 PM
I could see a Rick Ray situation happening here if they get rid of Bianco and get turned down by their top couple dream coaches

If Bianco is responsible for crootin, booting him will bring cutcliff flashbacks.

sorrydog
06-16-2021, 04:47 PM
It will be Corbin.

Doggie_Style
06-16-2021, 06:10 PM

Agreed...

CadaverDawg
06-16-2021, 08:55 PM
You can't make this stuff up....

Bianco is headed to a "long ago planned trip to the Beach"......

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Keith-Carter-A-lot-of-bad-information-out-there-right-now-about-Ole-Miss-head-coach-Mike-Bianco-166642102/

He long ago planned a trip to the beach for the week of Omaha? Even he knew he was going to come up short again (no pun intended). Hahahaha

Cowbell
06-16-2021, 10:43 PM
It will be Corbin.
Yeah he wants to leave a school where he as a legal cheating advantage over everyone else....

Todd4State
06-17-2021, 01:32 AM
It will be Corbin.

Why would he leave Vanderbilt? He won't have the same advantage at LSU and he'll more fans that care about winning.

Todd4State
06-17-2021, 01:32 AM
You can't make this stuff up....

Bianco is headed to a "long ago planned trip to the Beach"......

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Keith-Carter-A-lot-of-bad-information-out-there-right-now-about-Ole-Miss-head-coach-Mike-Bianco-166642102/

He long ago planned a trip to the beach for the week of Omaha? Even he knew he was going to come up short again (no pun intended). Hahahaha

Ole Miss leads the SEC in unintentional comedy.

IngomarDawg
06-17-2021, 07:55 AM
If Bianco is responsible for crootin, booting him will bring cutcliff flashbacks.

From what I have heard from an Ole Miss fan in our office, there is nothing in the Ole Miss baseball program he's not responsible for. Pitching changes, hitting philosophy, base running etc. He apparently struggles with allowing assistant coaches help in any way. Notice the pitching coach never makes mound visits. Also I am confused why LSU would even be looking at him, if they essentially had CPM retire because of the lack of recent success, why would you hire the biggest underachiever in all of college baseball. I honestly hope they hire him, that will make LSU worse. On top of that, Ole Miss will see how hard it is to pull the elite coaches they will expect. Then hopefully they hire a flop and two west powers will take steps back in the same hiring cycle. (Crosses Fingers)

TNDawg35
06-17-2021, 07:57 AM
Is anyone else not thinking since LSU hasn’t announced a coach yet that it is prolly someone who is still coaching? The longer it drags out the more I’m thinking it may actually be Vitello…

Westdawg
06-17-2021, 09:09 AM
It very well may be Vitello.
But there's a lot of great coaches whose seasons just ended in the past 1-2 weeks. The coach from Campbell has done an amazing job, as has the VCU coach. Jarrett at ND has the moxey and swagger that LSU fans would be endeared to, and his style of coaching lends itself to their program. The La Tech coach has done a good job building in the shadows of LSU. And don't count out the coach that was just fired from A & M - he's better than that program suggested.
The NC State coach isn't too shabby. Dallas Baptist coach has done very well. And the coach at Central Michigan has built a solid program there.
I do think it is possibly Vitello. He knows he's in the front seat for some great opportunities - one of which is staying at Tenn, making them pay boocoo money and building it all from the ground up with his own name on top instead of just "being part of the storyline".

Coach34
06-17-2021, 10:10 AM
I dont see Corbin leaving Vandy- as he said when he was offered our job- "I've got it too good here"

Bunko is Stands at Mississippi. He will have good seasons but will never win the big ones. He could probably get over the hump at LSU

Godwin will be tougher to pull away from ECU for Grenada Without The Lake than people think should it come to that. He's an ECU guy and building a national program.

Todd4State
06-17-2021, 12:28 PM
I dont see Corbin leaving Vandy- as he said when he was offered our job- "I've got it too good here"

Bunko is Stands at Mississippi. He will have good seasons but will never win the big ones. He could probably get over the hump at LSU

Godwin will be tougher to pull away from ECU for Grenada Without The Lake than people than people think should it come to that. He's an ECU guy and building a national program.

Godwin is also at the program his Dad coached at.

MedDawg
06-17-2021, 01:26 PM
So was doing some reading tonight and have been seeing reports of Bianco to LSU almost done. Some say a announcement could come as early as tom.

Here is the kicker tho, every Ole Miss fan then chimes in saying well if that happens, we will go get Godwin or McDonnell. Both want our job 100%? Then saw a Twitter thing claiming Ole Miss was gonna offer 8mil over 4 years for a baseball coach and they would get whoever they wanted. That?s 2mil a year. If I?m not mistaken, the highest paid coach is 1.2mil.

How the jell is that? Just cause they were assistants there at one time? Godwin is at his alma mater and ain?t going anywhere. McDonnell has a pretty easy path through the ACC and has built Louisville, with the help of Lemonis, into what they are now.

I just don?t understand their thinking that they are some big blue blood baseball school?

They seriously think the town Oxford is the most desired place to live for every coach.

MedDawg
06-17-2021, 01:27 PM
Godwin is also at the program his Dad coached at.

I didn't know that. I did read that Godwin grew up 30 minutes from campus.

TNDawg35
06-17-2021, 02:00 PM
They seriously think the town Oxford is the most desired place to live for every coach.

No they just think they are a top 5 job and that McDonald or Godwin would crawl to Oxford just cause they “used” to coach under Bianco… They will loose Bianco, hire an up and comer, and then spin it to where the up and comer was always their first choice all along.