PDA

View Full Version : A Salute to DiamondDawgs defeating 2 Opponents ...

Dawg_Lover
06-14-2021, 10:35 PM
Notre Dame and the Umpires!

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 10:43 PM
Notre Dame and the Umpires!

They got screwed a couple times from bad strike calls, but we definitely got the worst of it. College baseball umpires are trash; easily the worst lot of the big3 sports.

PMDawg
06-14-2021, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think they tried to screw us...they're just really bad at their jobs.

Dawg_Lover
06-14-2021, 10:47 PM
They got screwed a couple times from bad strike calls, but we definitely got the worst of it. College baseball umpires are trash; easily the worst lot of the big3 sports.

Do you think they will be any better at CWS?

Commercecomet24
06-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I don't think they tried to screw us...they're just really bad at their jobs.

Yeah I think they just suck,

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 11:08 PM

Totally agree. As far as rigor goes, it's the equivalent of ref'n little league soccer for these guys. Joking, kinda, but it's not far off. They don't get paid much. There is ZERO accountability for being shitty at your job. There is no real-time system for making them adjust. They're literally just out there winging it.

Dawg_Lover
06-14-2021, 11:26 PM
Totally agree. As far as rigor goes, it's the equivalent of ref'n little league soccer for these guys. Joking, kinda, but it's not far off. They don't get paid much. There is ZERO accountability for being shitty at your job. There is no real-time system for making them adjust. They're literally just out there winging it.

When you consider how much is invested in college baseball from the massive money to careers and future careers of both coaches and students, that seems a major failure.

GoDawgz
06-15-2021, 09:41 AM
They were bad on both sides. The strike zones were different for each team. There were a couple pitches in the 2nd inning last night that I believe the pressure of the Dude caused the ump to squeeze ND. But officiating in all 3 major sports has been getting progressively worse over the past 5 years. It wont change until they start allowing access for them to be questioned about their performances.

StateDawg44
06-15-2021, 10:02 AM
They were bad on both sides. The strike zones were different for each team. There were a couple pitches in the 2nd inning last night that I believe the pressure of the Dude caused the ump to squeeze ND. But officiating in all 3 major sports has been getting progressively worse over the past 5 years. It wont change until they start allowing access for them to be questioned about their performances.

As soon as that happens there will be less willing to even go out and call a game. Unless paid more maybe I guess.

Saltydog
06-15-2021, 01:32 PM
No. Remember the guy that squeezed us the last two innings against Louisville in 2019 and costs us the game?

GoDawgz
06-15-2021, 02:58 PM
As soon as that happens there will be less willing to even go out and call a game. Unless paid more maybe I guess.

Whatever it takes to make it improve. Everyone that has a job answers to someone and is held accountable for poor performance. These officials may be held accountable behind closed doors that the public never sees, but at least the thought of putting them before a camera like the coaches and players have to do after a game brings a sense of accountability.
"Hey, Mr. official.... can you tell us what you were thinking when when all of the sudden your strike zone went from being a square to a tea cup there in the 8th inning at let team A score 3 runs on base on balls to win the game?"