PDA

View Full Version : It's National Bourbon Day...

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 03:55 PM
So I'm gonna start this on here... with tonight's game.. you are gonna want a pour either way.

So what are you going to break out tonight.
My collection has now reached around 175 bottles (20-25 woodinville... if you don't know.. you NEED to know... and send me any single barrel cask strength you see...NOT KIDDING)

2 hours before I'm sitting on the couch. cowbell nearby and a pour in the glen.
So whats it gonna be.

SaintDawg
06-14-2021, 04:01 PM
my go to is evan williams. got a half a bottle of 1783 small batch i'm gonna nip on tonight

Doggie_Style
06-14-2021, 04:06 PM
Just going to start with George Dickel 12 YO.....if we win I might have a Dickel 15 YO Single Barrel

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:08 PM
Just going to start with George Dickel 12 YO.....if we win I might have a Dickel 15 YO Single Barrel

Now I know you really are a troll. TN doesn't make good bourbon.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 04:14 PM
I've got some Weller 107, Eagle Rare, and Knob I've been working on. Think I'll start the game off with the Eagle Rare.

Doggie_Style
06-14-2021, 04:16 PM
lol

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:16 PM
I've got some Weller 107, Eagle Rare, and Knob I've been working on. Think I'll start the game off with the Eagle Rare.

Good choice. Which Knob? I'm sure missing the store picks that came out last year. have several 14 year olds that are amazing.
Same question with ER, regular or a store pick?

DownwardDawg
06-14-2021, 04:19 PM
Good choice. Which Knob? I'm sure missing the store picks that came out last year. have several 14 year olds that are amazing.
Same question with ER, regular or a store pick?

Agreed!! All great pics and great questions Scooba!! Got some Weller Special Reserve store pick left and some Blantons.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:22 PM
Agreed!! All great pics and great questions Scooba!! Got some Weller Special Reserve store pick left and some Blantons.

I actually didn't know they did green label store picks. It's by far my least favorite weller. have a handle and 3/4 a 750 left of it. gonna use it for some Poor man's 4 grain once i get another bottle of OGD 114.
Enjoy, and if you ever get to taste gold or straight from the barrel blantons.. you will be forever changed. I like blantons but rarely drink it anymore.
Give me a Russels Reserve or Old Forrestor barrel strength any day instead.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Which Knob?

It's just the basic 9 year. I can get it in handles for a really good deal up here at one of my stores.

The ER is actually a store picked barrel from my local Total Wine (aka Disney Land, as far as I'm concerned).

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2021, 04:35 PM
I think I’ll go Jefferson Reserve tonight. Good vibe from UVA’s win today

RiverCityDawg
06-14-2021, 04:36 PM
So I'm gonna start this on here... with tonight's game.. you are gonna want a pour either way.

So what are you going to break out tonight.
My collection has now reached around 175 bottles (20-25 woodinville... if you don't know.. you NEED to know... and send me any single barrel cask strength you see...NOT KIDDING)

2 hours before I'm sitting on the couch. cowbell nearby and a pour in the glen.
So whats it gonna be.

Picked up a Russell's pick on Saturday that I plan to pop open. Warehouse F. Might have to compare to my A and E warehouse picks from last year if we start losing big or winning big.

1bigdawg
06-14-2021, 04:42 PM
Weller 12, here.

CadaverDawg
06-14-2021, 04:46 PM
Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:48 PM
It's just the basic 9 year. I can get it in handles for a really good deal up here at one of my stores.

The ER is actually a store picked barrel from my local Total Wine (aka Disney Land, as far as I'm concerned).

try out the KC 12 year if ya can get one.. especially if you see a barrel proof one. the 15 year is not worth the money to me.
ER store picks are the best. regular eagle rare is blended now and not single barrel.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:48 PM
I think I’ll go Jefferson Reserve tonight. Good vibe from UVA’s win today

Not much a fan of theirs either.. but we all have different tastes. most recent batch of oceans just isn't my thing.

Cooterpoot
06-14-2021, 04:50 PM
I'm getting on the Eagle Rare. The wife is getting on the Knob.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:51 PM
Picked up a Russell's pick on Saturday that I plan to pop open. Warehouse F. Might have to compare to my A and E warehouse picks from last year if we start losing big or winning big.

Now we are talking.. I have a catch E and A i think at home...

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:51 PM
Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered

Finally.. something posts something I don't have... yet.
but I will this week actually finally.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 04:52 PM
I'm getting on the Eagle Rare. The wife is getting on the Knob.

that knob's gonna be drained before the game starts...

Fred Garvin
06-14-2021, 04:54 PM
I guess I will have to break out the 12 yo Weller tonight.

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2021, 05:03 PM
Not much a fan of theirs either.. but we all have different tastes. most recent batch of oceans just isn't my thing.

As the Wine Appreciation prof at State said when discussing taste in wine -“do you like how it tastes? Then don’t listen to what anyone else says and just drink it.”

RiverCityDawg
06-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Finally.. something posts something I don't have... yet.
but I will this week actually finally.

I haven't either, but only ever see the small batch in stores. I love Belle Meade Reserve, which is also MGP, so would be fun to get my hands on one of these and do a comparison.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 05:07 PM
I haven't either, but only ever see the small batch in stores. I love Belle Meade Reserve, which is also MGP, so would be fun to get my hands on one of these and do a comparison.

Enjoy the sourced mgp while you can now that they bough some other brands to sell their juice thru instead of selling to everyone else.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 05:23 PM

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/damn_good_stuff_sir.gif

Cooterpoot
06-14-2021, 05:27 PM

She can drink me under the table.

Offshore Dawg
06-14-2021, 05:32 PM

Which Knob is the wife getting on ??

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Alright, so who in here has heard of Woodinville?

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 05:35 PM
I guess I will have to break out the 12 yo Weller tonight.

Ahh. Yet another one I haven't secured because Im not going the secondary route. That and full proof. Which I prefer of the two.

DownwardDawg
06-14-2021, 05:39 PM
I actually didn't know they did green label store picks. It's by far my least favorite weller. have a handle and 3/4 a 750 left of it. gonna use it for some Poor man's 4 grain once i get another bottle of OGD 114.
Enjoy, and if you ever get to taste gold or straight from the barrel blantons.. you will be forever changed. I like blantons but rarely drink it anymore.
Give me a Russels Reserve or Old Forrestor barrel strength any day instead.

Same here about green label Weller. I bought it not having a clue what I had purchased. Just knew it was over priced but I hadn?t seen any in a while. Got home and when I was putting it up realized it was a store pick. Turned out to be one of the better bourbons I?ve ever tried.

RiverCityDawg
06-14-2021, 07:03 PM
Alright, so who in here has heard of Woodinville?

I have, but haven't had it. I've heard good things, but I'm a little gun shy on craft because I heard good things on New Riff and wasn't a fan. I know that's not fair though. And honestly it's not really in my area so I would have to hunt for it.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 09:02 PM
I have, but haven't had it. I've heard good things, but I'm a little gun shy on craft because I heard good things on New Riff and wasn't a fan. I know that's not fair though. And honestly it's not really in my area so I would have to hunt for it.

Do you like ryes? I love their standard 90 proof rye. And the port finished bourbon is the one they are best known for.

But the secret sauce is all the single barrel club or store picks that are cask strength.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 09:23 PM
Ok, I'm switching to Weller. It's deserved.

RiverCityDawg
06-14-2021, 09:42 PM
Do you like ryes? I love their standard 90 proof rye. And the port finished bourbon is the one they are best known for.

But the secret sauce is all the single barrel club or store picks that are cask strength.

I like barely legal ryes like Pikesville or the WT/Russell's ryes, but not so much the 95/5 stuff.

I'll keep an eye out for a cask strength bourbon store pick though.

reno hightower
06-14-2021, 09:53 PM
Dettling cask strength for me.
What a win. Uh cadaver may I ask where u got the smoke wagon??