PDA

View Full Version : We may very well get smoked in Game 3....

CadaverDawg
06-14-2021, 12:03 AM
But for the next 24 hours I will be enjoying the hell out of watching Ole Miss fans melt over not going to Omaha again.

O. M. A. H. A. You know what it stands for Rebs.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2021, 12:06 AM
This!!!

Todd4State
06-14-2021, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason we lost today was because us winning to go to Omaha and Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU all getting eliminated on the same day is just too good of a baseball day.

CadaverDawg
06-14-2021, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason we lost today was because us winning to go to Omaha and Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU all getting eliminated on the same day is just too good of a baseball day.

Ya know, I think you're right

BeardoMSU
06-14-2021, 12:13 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/b8/a7/1eb8a76e327f44b48789e88bb1f8c4f5.gif

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2021, 05:51 AM

The baseball gods do have a way of evening things out.

basedog
06-14-2021, 06:21 AM
I think things are even going into today’s game.

1). ND has better hitting and defense.

2). MSU has better pitching depth and home field advantage.

I don’t think yesterday game has no effect with this team, now us fans, big time. Amazing me some ED are talking about how bad out coaching is. If so why in the hell on God’s Green Earth have we won so many games the last 3 years with this staff? Its just being an awful chair back wanna be sideline Coach. There is not a damn thing wrong with this staff, it’s what RP coined many years ago after a terrible loss, “That’s Baseball”!!!!!

I like our chances at home today, this team has been really good and yes we have been really bad but the good has been way better than the bad!

Prediction, it will be something like 10-8 game today.

HailState, yes I Bleed Maroon! Tanner Allen has a bug game today!

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-14-2021, 06:26 AM
Baseball is a crapshoot once you get to super regionals. Everyone is good and/or hot. Arkansas obliterated everyone all year and they are at the house. Let?s catch some breaks today! Hail State!

basedog
06-14-2021, 06:39 AM
I just think Hardy is good match up against ND. Kinda like ND pitcher yesterday, throw strikes, limit walks and play good defense.

One thing about tonight’s game, gonna be exciting., we all have seen some dramatic games during our regional history!

Plus look at pitchers who haven’t been teams #1&2 pitchers have a great day pitching in deciding games over the years.

smootness
06-14-2021, 06:52 AM
We have the clear pitching advantage in this one. If we use Sims like we should and the other arms we have available, it's hard for me to see them getting to 8+ runs. Just score some runs ourselves and we should be fine.

PGHBulldogBG
06-14-2021, 06:53 AM
I actually think the ACC was a bit under rated this year. NC State, ND and Virginia have proven that. If we lose, the SEC will only have 2 teams in Omaha. I didn?t see that coming in the preseason I really thought it would be Ark, Fla, Vandy, MSU and Ole Miss in Omaha this year and LSU having a better year. Tennessee has really over exceeded though

MetEdDawg
06-14-2021, 07:05 AM
I don't think we are better than Notre Dame. If you look at the totality of their team vs. ours, I think they are better than us.

That being said, all we need to do is win one today and it doesn't matter. Harding go 5, Preston gets 1/2, Sims gets the rest. Do it in 5 runs or less and we've got a chance I think.

Need the bats to come out today and put pressure on ND early.

msstate7
06-14-2021, 07:08 AM
ND is 8-3 this year on sundays in conference

Cowbell
06-14-2021, 07:15 AM

Thankfully we should be better than all 3 of the teams they lost to.

Hambone
06-14-2021, 07:52 AM
The thing that scares me is that Kavasos has had a really weak super. Just don’t let him get hot today!

MetEdDawg
06-14-2021, 08:00 AM
Thankfully we should be better than all 3 of the teams they lost to.

Duke, Georgia Tech, and Florida State. All 3 at home. So they lost to some pretty good teams on Sunday.

Hopefully that trend continues

BulldogBear
06-14-2021, 08:26 AM

I don't know what a "bug" game but I bet if TA has one we'll know it!!!

Activated Alpha
06-14-2021, 08:28 AM
The biggest concerning thing is that we always allow a mistake to balloon into a huge inning that is usually too big to overcome. We have to play better fundamentally and not allow any mistakes. Limit the walks and HBP and please Jesus do not let them hit HRs. I thought we would have gotten to that pitcher last night, but we continued to be fooled by him every inning. If we are to win this game, we have to have really good quality ABs and score plenty of runs.

Tbonewannabe
06-14-2021, 09:37 AM
I think things are even going into today’s game.

1). ND has better hitting and defense.

2). MSU has better pitching depth and home field advantage.

I don’t think yesterday game has no effect with this team, now us fans, big time. Amazing me some ED are talking about how bad out coaching is. If so why in the hell on God’s Green Earth have we won so many games the last 3 years with this staff? Its just being an awful chair back wanna be sideline Coach. There is not a damn thing wrong with this staff, it’s what RP coined many years ago after a terrible loss, “That’s Baseball”!!!!!

I like our chances at home today, this team has been really good and yes we have been really bad but the good has been way better than the bad!

Prediction, it will be something like 10-8 game today.

When we had a line shot up the middle knock the glove off the pitcher only to go straight to the 2nd baseman to make the play, at that moment I thought we were just not meant to win today. Plenty of plays happened that all went ND's way. Sometimes it really is "just baseball". Hopefully the breaks at least even out today.

Saltydog
06-14-2021, 09:39 AM
I'm more worried about us making it to Omaha than them not making it. Now, with that said, if we REALLY want to chap their asses we just need to beat ND tonight.

basedog
06-14-2021, 09:40 AM
Sec is just better top to bottom than everyone.

MedDawg
06-14-2021, 09:54 AM
When we had a line shot up the middle knock the glove off the pitcher only to go straight to the 2nd baseman to make the play, at that moment I thought we were just not meant to win today. Plenty of plays happened that all went ND's way. Sometimes it really is "just baseball". Hopefully the breaks at least even out today.

Same with their 2-out 2-strike check-swing single that went to a perfect spot down the first base line, allowing them to score from third.

Tbonewannabe
06-14-2021, 10:54 AM
Same with their 2-out 2-strike check-swing single that went to a perfect spot down the first base line, allowing them to score from third.

Yep, they scored three runs with two hits that added together didn't go 90 feet.

ScoobaDawg
06-14-2021, 11:29 AM
Yep, they scored three runs with two hits that added together didn't go 90 feet.

those two plays almost make me want to start hatcher tonight. but hopefully hancock can get his bat going again tonight..
0-15 over last 4 games is terrible.

R2Dawg
06-14-2021, 12:02 PM
The thing that scares me is that Kavasos has had a really weak super. Just don?t let him get hot today!

I don't think he see pitching like he has seen in the super. He just ain't seeing it. Yes he could close his eyes and find a fast ball but breaking ball seems to be tough for him.

smootness
06-14-2021, 12:12 PM
those two plays almost make me want to start hatcher tonight. but hopefully hancock can get his bat going again tonight..

Hancock misplayed the swinging bunt, but so did MacLeod. And yes, Hatcher likely catches the throw on the bunt, but that was more on Tanner than Hancock.

Lord McBuckethead
06-14-2021, 01:20 PM
Well, its Monday.

Lord McBuckethead
06-14-2021, 01:22 PM
Hancock misplayed the swinging bunt, but so did MacLeod. And yes, Hatcher likely catches the throw on the bunt, but that was more on Tanner than Hancock.

Hancock has had one good game this past month. He is swinging like he doesn't want to drive the ball. Hatch is the way to go.

Leggett is the way to go at short too.

Todd4State
06-14-2021, 01:24 PM
Hancock has had one good game this past month. He is swinging like he doesn't want to drive the ball. Hatch is the way to go.

Leggett? What? No.

Todd4State
06-14-2021, 01:25 PM
I don't think he see pitching like he has seen in the super. He just ain't seeing it. Yes he could close his eyes and find a fast ball but breaking ball seems to be tough for him.

I think our pitchers are really bearing down on him. And I think our crowd is in his head.

RougeDawg
06-14-2021, 01:42 PM
FWIW those check swing type plays after making a pitch to get out of the inning take a mental toll on pitchers and players. Have a couple early in a game, you most often see a hitting performance like yesterday. Seems like those fluke plays took us out of the game mentally. Add in the pitcher kick saving two in a row and the ?well maybe today isn?t our day? starts to creep into players heads.

On the flip side. That?s the best thing about baseball. Flush it and come out focused. Additionally in the regionals and supers, teams that cruised to fairly easy wins like ND yesterday and Ark in game one can also get into the heads of players. They think ?we have got this in the bag. We just have to show up?.

There is always a chance these things won?t impact the teams mindsets going into game 3, but these are 18-23 yr old kids with little life experience. I fully expect ND to come out thinking they can just cruise to a win. We just cannot give free passes. Seems like most of their runs have come from walks or errors, leading to many ducks on the pond. Good thing is we do not have to wait long to see what mindset each team comes out with.

SailingDawg
06-14-2021, 01:54 PM
Who will ND pitch?

The Federalist Engineer
06-14-2021, 02:29 PM
Leggett? What? No.

Agree on Leggett as a No thanks

But Forsythe needs to develop an offensive wrinkle, like drag bunting and spoiling pitches. Make himself pesky.

WSOPdawg
06-14-2021, 02:31 PM

This ^^^^^ about the most logical thing I've read in a long time. Imma buying.

Todd4State
06-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Agree on Leggett as a No thanks

But Forsythe needs to develop an offensive wrinkle, like drag bunting and spoiling pitches. Make himself pesky.

Forsythe is going to be Ok in a year or two.

Worst case scenario he's Luke Alexander 2.0.

Homedawg
06-14-2021, 03:17 PM

hell no. He can't hit either and is not anywhere near the defender forsythe is. This is crazy talk

Percho
06-14-2021, 03:35 PM

I would start Hatcher.

Percho
06-14-2021, 03:36 PM
Leggett? What? No.

We agree.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2021, 03:55 PM

This, that play in the first inning was more on Mac than Hancock. Mac didn't break to first quick enough and wasn't busting it very hard and then he compounded his mistake by getting frustrated and forgetting their were runners and allowed the second run to score. Tanner made a poor throw into the runner. That's a play catchers practice everyday and that throw has to go inside. Tanner sometimes likes showing off his arm to much and instead of setting his feet and throwing it firm overhand he tried that side arm crap and the ball ran into the runner with sink. Could Hancock of caught? maybe but Tanner made it a much more difficult play on what should have been an out.

smootness
06-14-2021, 04:09 PM

Hancock hasn't had a hit since the Samford game, which obviously isn't good. Even still, over that stretch his OBP is .210, which is less than 40 points below Hatcher's OBP for the entire year.

The last month, even including the last 4 games? Hancock is hitting .262/.367/.405. Not great, but miles better than Hatcher.

RougeDawg
06-14-2021, 10:27 PM
FWIW those check swing type plays after making a pitch to get out of the inning take a mental toll on pitchers and players. Have a couple early in a game, you most often see a hitting performance like yesterday. Seems like those fluke plays took us out of the game mentally. Add in the pitcher kick saving two in a row and the ?well maybe today isn?t our day? starts to creep into players heads.

On the flip side. That?s the best thing about baseball. Flush it and come out focused. Additionally in the regionals and supers, teams that cruised to fairly easy wins like ND yesterday and Ark in game one can also get into the heads of players. They think ?we have got this in the bag. We just have to show up?.

There is always a chance these things won?t impact the teams mindsets going into game 3, but these are 18-23 yr old kids with little life experience. I fully expect ND to come out thinking they can just cruise to a win. We just cannot give free passes. Seems like most of their runs have come from walks or errors, leading to many ducks on the pond. Good thing is we do not have to wait long to see what mindset each team comes out with.

Humble bump. Good baseball teams flush dump games and we did. ND did not go quietly but we definitely forgot about yesterday.

Baseball is a game of short memories and successful failures. Those who learn that play until the end and eventually make some cheese.

Commercecomet24
06-15-2021, 12:12 AM
Humble bump. Good baseball teams flush dump games and we did. ND did not go quietly but we definitely forgot about yesterday.

Baseball is a game of short memories and successful failures. Those who learn that play until the end and eventually make some cheese.

Yep someone that understands the game. Can't apply football/basketball mentality to baseball, it's a totally different game. It's a chess match pitch to pitch abs patience is required for success.

OLJWales
06-15-2021, 06:43 AM
Bitches being exposed thread. Awesome

basedog
06-15-2021, 08:36 AM
Yep someone that understands the game. Can't apply football/basketball mentality to baseball, it's a totally different game. It's a chess match pitch to pitch abs patience is required for success.

Gotta love this team chemistry! Pretty lose group but has improved so much over the year.

Also, I know Fortsthe hasn’t hit last several weeks, but he has made all the plays at SS. I hope he has a great CWS.

Bednar is due for an “A” game. Got to have it against Texas. I don’t see a high scoring game.