PDA

View Full Version : So I missed Cory Thomas committing to Tennessee?

Goat Holder
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Man, F*CK those guys up there. Neal, Croom, Dobbs, now this guy. You can tell how down they are because they are having to battle us out for recruits. And a guy in Birmingham too, that sucks. I want that town to be MSU-friendly.

It's never the SEC heavyweights we have to beat for recruits most of the time, it's the big boys who are 'down' a little. We constantly had to fight off Alabama back when they had Shula. When those guys get elite, they typically leave the 3 stars alone.

ckDOG
11-13-2013, 12:34 PM
We came in third place.

engie
11-13-2013, 12:39 PM
"Down"? In recruiting, I'd say that the Vols are back with a vengeance...

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Someone on the SEC Recruiting board on tigerdroppings said he may be a sign and place for UT. No idea if that is true or not. I honestly can't even really get upset about it anymore..I don't expect Mullen to get any recruits. Anyone with a pulse can beat him out on the recruiting trail. The only way we get a 4 or 5 star is if the guy happened to grow up in a MSU family.

SignalToNoise
11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
C'mon, you guys should know by now that it's possible to recruit a bunch of no names and win 6 games per year*

*So long as we schedule 4 cupcakes and catch whichever two SEC teams are dumpster fires.

Goat Holder
11-13-2013, 01:26 PM
They are doing well but they are having to go after those guys hard. Alabama can almost sit back and let players come to them at this point. That's a dangerous position (see Texas) but it makes my point nonetheless. Alabama has largely ignored MS for a number of years now.

By "down" I mean down as a program. Recruiting is not an individual game to be won in and of itself. I thought this should have been self-explanatory.