PDA

View Full Version : Today?s crowd noise

AlSwearengen
06-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Watching on tv, did it seem like to anyone else that the noise wasn?t nearly what it usually is? I?m going to assume that was because of something ESPN had done with equipment or something. I know it was hot as hell but I?m sure it was pretty loud after Rowdey?s and LT?s homers.

maroonmania
06-12-2021, 05:38 PM
Yea, pretty obvious the crowd wasn't miked up like normal. Everything sounded very muffled.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2021, 05:41 PM
My son was there. He said it was absolutely rocking.

R2Dawg
06-12-2021, 05:49 PM
My daughter was there too and said Dude was rockin as well. I think the day game was part of it. If that had been a night game, well

Cowbell
06-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Watching on tv, did it seem like to anyone else that the noise wasn?t nearly what it usually is? I?m going to assume that was because of something ESPN had done with equipment or something. I know it was hot as hell but I?m sure it was pretty loud after Rowdey?s and LT?s homers.
It's because the two announcers are not on site and they have to muffle the noise so you can hear them talk. It's hard to mix the sound from both and time it right

BulldogBear
06-12-2021, 06:18 PM
TV or media effect. Same thing happens when you make a live video with my phone. The digital sound does nothing for real life

Rex54
06-12-2021, 06:33 PM
They asked the ND coach "sounds like you took the crowd out of the game" after their HR and he was like "uh, I don't know about that"

SilentSteel16
06-12-2021, 06:48 PM
Was there sweating my junk off in left field berm. The crowd was intermittently loud. Bednar was flat and the crowd was flat as well. When sims entered though it was louder than I have ever heard before

SilentSteel16
06-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Also thanks to confousious and others on the tip about timing to be at gate for SRO. The home plate gate was a home run !!! Mom loved it as did my son.

Lord McBuckethead
06-12-2021, 07:55 PM
Was there sweating my junk off in left field berm. The crowd was intermittently loud. Bednar was flat and the crowd was flat as well. When sims entered though it was louder than I have ever heard before

Him striking out Niko was bad ass.

tcdog70
06-13-2021, 10:14 AM

Bednar was flat because the UMP suxed. For Bednar and McCloud to be sharp they can’t have a plate squeezing Dick, like the guy behind the plate. Then in 8th he struck Cam And Hancock out on ball 4. Should have been a 3 run homer.

AlSwearengen
06-13-2021, 12:35 PM
Bednar was flat because the UMP suxed. For Bednar and McCloud to be sharp they can’t have a plate squeezing Dick, like the guy behind the plate. Then in 8th he struck Cam And Hancock out on ball 4. Should have been a 3 run homer.

That was the worst ump I’ve ever seen but it was obvious that Bednar was not right. His velo was down and his command was off. We just need to be thankful that we were able to win when Bednar was off like he was.

MetEdDawg
06-13-2021, 01:00 PM

Bednar's velo was off and KP even mentioned it. Strike zone might not have been good (it was pretty bad) but Bednar didn't have his best or even his great stuff. FB velo was clearly down for him.

Todd4State
06-13-2021, 01:15 PM

I'm not sure that DeGrom could have worked with that zone. I think the umpire had something personal against Bednar. Completely different zone for Bednar vs every other pitcher in the game.