PDA

View Full Version : Serious question.. Can anyone remember the last time...

preachermatt83
06-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Forsyth had a hit?

maroonmania
06-12-2021, 03:01 PM
I think it was in one of the games in the AL series. I know he doesn't have a hit in any post-season game.

BeardoMSU
06-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure he took a walk in the regional, lol. Pretty much as good as it gets with him.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2021, 04:45 PM
0 for last 20

RC3
06-12-2021, 04:49 PM
He must learn how to bunt. At least reduce the possibilities for a double play

shoeless joe
06-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Keep catchin it at SS and keep goin hitless…I’ll take it

Commercecomet24
06-12-2021, 04:51 PM

Yeah as long as he's playing solid ss but we need to bunt him with runners on and less than 2 outs. He's an mlb pitcher at the plate at this point

viverlibre
06-12-2021, 10:00 PM
He may need to use the force, or learn to get hit by a pitch like Corbin Bernson.

Schultzy
06-13-2021, 12:49 AM

That play he made on that missile to end the game against Campbell is enough to make up for those last 20 at bats.

Apoplectic
06-13-2021, 10:13 AM
That play he made on that missile to end the game against Campbell is enough to make up for those last 20 at bats.

What about the dropped ball behind 3rd base that was called foul when clearly fair?

NWADAWG
06-13-2021, 10:18 AM
He must learn how to bunt. At least reduce the possibilities for a double play

We all agree he's struggling at the plate in a major way but if he can ever get out of his own head....a hit per game or two from him could have a huge impact on our scoring.

Gutter Cobreh
06-13-2021, 11:20 AM
What about the dropped ball behind 3rd base that was called foul when clearly fair?

Would have gotten the runner at third, so Schultzy's comment stands.

He's an automatic out at this point, but I can take it as long as he's solid defensively.

Bunting is a solid suggestion as he does have above average speed and may could leg a couple out. At the least, he doesn't hit into a double play.

SilentSteel16
06-13-2021, 01:13 PM

That ball was foul. I was literally 10 feet from it. He touched it with his glove about a foot in foul territory. Also, don?t forget even if judged fair they still threw out the runner at third. He was out by at least 2 steps. It would have actually been a better situation for us if called fair. Having said all that Lane is a heck of a ball player to be a true freshman starting at MSU. He is in valuable on defense right now. For him to keep battling at the plate is a testament to his character. He will be a great player here. Defense is already there, the bat will come around. If we as a fan base can?t see his value that is on us not being true baseball fans. I know what it takes to even be on a team of this caliber much less an everyday starter. Some of our fans just don?t understand the amount of ability it takes just to even put on that uniform. Back off and appreciate his grit because that kid will be special.