PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting stats

Cowbell
06-09-2021, 09:46 PM
1. We average more runs per game than Notre Dame. The same offense that many of us doubt at times. Against better pitching.
2. Campbell has some really impressive stats nationally. I had not taken the time to look at before the regional because I figured they would get beat out by VCU, but they were actually better than VCU on paper. They had taken 2 out of 3 from Liberty (who looked great in regionals). They also have the 4th highest on base percentage, 14th batting average, and average more home runs per game than ole miss. They actually have the same long ball power as Notre dame. They were no scrubs.

This makes me feel a little better about this weekend.

Rex54
06-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Dawgs in 2

Cooterpoot
06-09-2021, 10:02 PM
Campbell played a terrible schedule. Their stats don't matter. Notre Dame will be tough to beat but they're not incredible. We should win.

basedog
06-10-2021, 07:46 AM
Campbell was the second best team in our regional. Regardless of their schedule, they had some guys that could rake, fact is they had a few guys that would start for us no doubt. Also they were not intimated a bit playing us. I'm also glad that played a very late game against Vcu the day before they played us. I thought they showed lots of class after the game with ur outfield crowds and their fans were pretty good folks.

Cowbell
06-10-2021, 08:30 AM
Campbell was the second best team in our regional. Regardless of their schedule, they had some guys that could rake, fact is they had a few guys that would start for us no doubt. Also they were not intimated a bit playing us. I'm also glad that played a very late game against Vcu the day before they played us. I thought they showed lots of class after the game with ur outfield crowds and their fans were pretty good folks.

Yes! Those calling them scrubs during the game thread were foolish

chef dixon
06-10-2021, 09:24 AM
We are going to dong slap the Catholics

R2Dawg
06-10-2021, 12:02 PM
1. We average more runs per game than Notre Dame. The same offense that many of us doubt at times. Against better pitching.
2. Campbell has some really impressive stats nationally. I had not taken the time to look at before the regional because I figured they would get beat out by VCU, but they were actually better than VCU on paper. They had taken 2 out of 3 from Liberty (who looked great in regionals). They also have the 4th highest on base percentage, 14th batting average, and average more home runs per game than ole miss. They actually have the same long ball power as Notre dame. They were no scrubs.

This makes me feel a little better about this weekend.

I agree. We had the highest scoring regional ever for a reason. These small schools had some players. ND will be tough but for anyone to think our pitching didn't get tested last weekend is wrong.

confucius say
06-10-2021, 02:01 PM
ND was hitting below .280 coming into its regional. It hit .405 during its regional. They were just really hot last weekend.

Offshore Dawg
06-11-2021, 04:30 PM
ND was hitting below .280 coming into its regional. It hit .405 during its regional. They were just really hot last weekend.

Better last weekend than this one.