PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference in GA and SRO tickets?

chaodawg
06-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Hey,

I am planning to take my two boys to their first MSU baseball game this wkend if im lucky to find any tickets? I see where they are going on sale Thursday at 8am (I think). Is there a difference between the GA and Standing Room only tickets? Would love to get chairbacks but we all know that will be asking for a miracle hahaha.

Thank you for your help!

KOdawg1
06-09-2021, 10:37 AM
There's not a difference.

BuckyIsAB****
06-09-2021, 11:34 AM
I havent seen that announcement. They are already on stubhub

confucius say
06-09-2021, 11:45 AM
What did you search to find them on stubhub? I'm not seeing any

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 11:46 AM
I have never used stubhub, is $50 normal for standing room only prices?

R2Dawg
06-09-2021, 11:54 AM

They had $19 GA tickets for last weekend, they do add a processing fee. I paid too much for chairbacks but my wife will not go on GA anymore.

confucius say
06-09-2021, 12:04 PM

No. Do not buy SRO on stubhub. Get them from the school directly, either by online, calling the ticket office, or just buying when you get there. Much cheaper and sro tickets are unlimited. Only buy off stubhub if you are buying chairback.

KOdawg1
06-09-2021, 12:10 PM

Don't buy GA tickets on stub hub. It's a sham.

R2Dawg
06-09-2021, 12:50 PM
No. Do not buy SRO on stubhub. Get them from the school directly, either by online, calling the ticket office, or just buying when you get there. Much cheaper and sro tickets are unlimited. Only buy off stubhub if you are buying chairback.

Agree wasn't indicating to buy GA on stub just that they were not $50 on stub. I buy GA from ticket office or walkup and chairback on stub as you mention.

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 01:26 PM

Thanks, a little late for me but great knowledge moving forward. I am still going to try and find 2 chair backs for my mother who really wants to go. If I can find those then I will ?gift? the overpriced tickets I bought to my kids. Haha

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 01:28 PM
Starkville is a good piece for me to drive to hope and be able to buy walk up tickets. This way I at least know I have tickets in hand, regardless of the price that was paid for them. Hail State and I hope the team that thinks it is the underdog shows up. You can tell when they think they can go through the motions and win the game.

dawgman
06-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Hey,

I am planning to take my two boys to their first MSU baseball game this wkend if im lucky to find any tickets? I see where they are going on sale Thursday at 8am (I think). Is there a difference between the GA and Standing Room only tickets? Would love to get chairbacks but we all know that will be asking for a miracle hahaha.

Thank you for your help!

GA Vs SRO

When I posed this question earlier in the year the consensus was that GA would allow you onto the berms and SRO would not.

StarkVegasSteve
06-09-2021, 02:25 PM
GA Vs SRO

When I posed this question earlier in the year the consensus was that GA would allow you onto the berms and SRO would not.

This was with the COVID restrictions. Once the stadium was opened up fully there was no difference anymore.

Homedawg
06-09-2021, 03:31 PM
This was with the COVID restrictions. Once the stadium was opened up fully there was no difference anymore.

Correct

BuckyIsAB****
06-09-2021, 03:49 PM
So they are selling tickets at the gate now?

Dawgbite
06-09-2021, 04:07 PM
You have always been able to buy Season GA/SRO tickets. Many people in the Lounge buy them for convenience so they don’t have to buy individual game tickets throughout the season. If they had season GA/SRO tickets then they could have bought them yesterday along with the reserve chair backs.

confucius say
06-09-2021, 04:21 PM
So they are selling tickets at the gate now?

They were during regional weekend

BuckyIsAB****
06-09-2021, 04:24 PM

Bet

R2Dawg
06-09-2021, 06:22 PM

They were during season. I just walked up the Olemiss weekend and got GA at the gate.

confucius say
06-09-2021, 07:18 PM
They were during season. I just walked up the Olemiss weekend and got GA at the gate.

Correct. Now that there is no limit on capacity, they will sale as many GA tickets as possible.

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 08:49 PM
The game is at 1pm, when do they open the gates? Also, are they going to say anything if I bring a fold out chair? I have 2 SRO tickets, but really need one chair for my mother to sit down.

viverlibre
06-09-2021, 09:14 PM
The game is at 1pm, when do they open the gates? Also, are they going to say anything if I bring a fold out chair? I have 2 SRO tickets, but really need one chair for my mother to sit down.

I'd be there around 1100-1130 to get in line, you can bring your two chairs, erryone does this. Get there early to set up your chairs in the best spots on the right field berm. You mom doesn't need to wait in line with you, she can come later. Buy the SRO tickets on advance on hailstate.com. Store them on your phone or print out.

confucius say
06-09-2021, 09:22 PM

And hydrate your mom. It could be hot

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 10:25 PM
And hydrate your mom. It could be hot

Thanks guys, this will actually be the first game she has been to in person since my playing days in college following me around the SW USA.

One last question, if we already have the tickets is there a certain gate that opens or is it a free for all once they open all the gates at once? If we already have the tickets I guess we just go to one of the gates and get in line.

viverlibre
06-09-2021, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys, this will actually be the first game she has been to in person since my playing days in college following me around the SW USA.

One last question, if we already have the tickets is there a certain gate that opens or is it a free for all once they open all the gates at once? If we already have the tickets I guess we just go to one of the gates and get in line.

Enter at the right field gate (gate closest to the sanderson center). I usually park in the Griffis Hall parking lot, but I am a late arriver, you may find closer parking near Bost or Barnes and Noble. I think the gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, but there will be people waiting in line when you get there. It is a free for all once the gates open.

SilentSteel16
06-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Enter at the right field gate (gate closest to the sanderson center). I usually park in the Griffis Hall parking lot, but I am a late arriver, you may find closer parking near Bost or Barnes and Noble. I think the gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, but there will be people waiting in line when you get there. It is a free for all once the gates open.

Thank you so much for all the answers. I usually am able to get chair backs so I have never had to deal with SRO tickets. But it seems those are made of gold during regionals. Thank you for all your information. Hopefully we can ask about Omaha in a week or so. Hail State.

confucius say
06-10-2021, 08:36 AM
There are three gates to get in I believe. The right field gate which is where most people line up to get in, the home plate gate, and I think the center field gate is still open. Not positive but I think so

There is a berm in left field too. You may come out better going in the home field gate and heading towards the left field berm, bc all the people in the right field line to get in are going to rush to the right field berms.

SilentSteel16
06-10-2021, 08:39 AM
There are three gates to get in I believe. The right field gate which is where most people line up to get in, the home plate gate, and I think the center field gate is still open. Not positive but I think so

There is a berm in left field too. You may come out better going in the home field gate and heading towards the left field berm, bc all the people in the right field line to get in are going to rush to the right field berms.

I was actually thinking of the left field side, because during the regional day games it seemed to be shaded better. Not real crazy about staring into the sun the entire game.

hillmant
06-10-2021, 10:08 AM
I ordered mobile delivery tickets this morning and got the ticket confirmation email, but never received the email with the actual tickets - is this normal? Do the tickets come later?
Also, I know gates open 90 minutes before the game - how early do people generally start lining up before the gates open?

StarkVegasSteve
06-10-2021, 10:23 AM
For anyone hoping to snag a seat on either berm I'd advise getting to the gate no later than 9 or 9:30. I know that seems early but if you wait til 10:30 or 11 you will be too late because once they open the gates it will be a free for all with people sprinting to get a chair out.

Homedawg
06-10-2021, 11:00 AM
I'd be there around 1100-1130 to get in line, you can bring your two chairs, erryone does this. Get there early to set up your chairs in the best spots on the right field berm. You mom doesn't need to wait in line with you, she can come later. Buy the SRO tickets on advance on hailstate.com. Store them on your phone or print out.

You won't have a place to put a chair if you get there by then.