PDA

View Full Version : Baseball signees, Todd, MSstatebaseball, engie, etc post a list here.

601Dawg
11-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Just trying to see who all is signing with us today in baseball.

I know the headliner is the catcher from Lafayette, Chase Vallot.

Thick
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Any signatures yet?

TheRef
11-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Taylor Stafford from New Hope HS is signing right now. Here's a quote via Matthew Stevens, "From day one I will understand and appreciate what it means wearing a MSU jersey and the privilege of playing at Dudy Noble Field."

godlluB
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Ryan Gridley just posted this:

https://twitter.com/GRIDsquad/status/400658724207218688/photo/1

It also looks like Paxton Stover may have already signed.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Not baseball, but our Women's Basketball team just signed an All-American today...Victoria Viviana of Scott Central HS.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Not baseball, but our Women's Basketball team just signed an All-American today...Victoria Viviana of Scott Central HS.
Hopefully the next Latoya Thomas.

Thick
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM
State Baseball is tweeting that Stover and Vallot are both signing today.

Original48
11-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Hopefully the next Latoya Thomas.
Schools Considered: Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Baylor, Georgia, Louisville, Southern Mississippi, Stanford, Duke, LSU, Kentucky, Florida

Might be the biggest signing in any sport we've ever had. Unfortunately it had to be in womens basketball. But you gotta give it up to Vic for landing her.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-13-2013, 01:31 PM

I don't really care about women's basketball...but every opinion I have read about the hiring of Vic Schaefer was that it was a homerun.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Might be the biggest signing in any sport we've ever had.

We signed the #2 football recruit in the nation last year.

smootness
11-13-2013, 01:51 PM

I believe LaToya Thomas was the #1 player in the country by a couple of publications as well.

engie
11-13-2013, 03:27 PM
She's a huge get. Along with the coach's daughter, we ought to have a solid core going forward..

Dawg61
11-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Dontae Walker was the #1 RB in the nation and didn't we technically sign both Monta Ellis and Jonathan Bender? Also Fat Sidney was the #1 Junior in the Nation before he found that out and ate himself out of it. I believe this is the 2nd talented wbball recruit to sign with MSU now. See Ray it's possible to land 5* players at State. Vic is in year 2 also and he's already gotten two.

MarketingBully01
11-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Yep, the women's basketball hire was a home run. He built the A&M team that won the NC. He was also their coach's right hand man. Too bad It didn't rub off on the men's hire.

godlluB
11-13-2013, 03:51 PM
It's especially easy if one of them is your daughter.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-13-2013, 03:52 PM
She's a huge get. Along with the coach's daughter, we ought to have a solid core going forward..

Actually we have two top 100 players coming in according to ESPN. LaKaris Salter is the other one. On paper it looks like a very good recruiting class.

godlluB
11-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Vic Schaefer just tweeted that it's the 18th ranked class.

Dawg61
11-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Yup 18th

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/class-rankings?class=2014

TheRef
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
One thing that Vic has that Rick does not, a championship ring. That's a big recruiting tool. Now, I'm not saying that Ray was a bad hire. He might have been the best hire for our situation since we had such an undisciplined program because of Stans. He's doing a good job of bringing order to our program and kicking out the ones who can't handle his rules (which honestly, probably aren't that hard to follow).

Ronny
11-13-2013, 04:57 PM
..you want to talk about some girl's basketball signee (talk about the pussification of America) I Goggled "Miss. State baseball signees" & it took me to genespage.

As far as signees, Gene has covered everything this thread failed to cover.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
..you want to talk about some girl's basketball signee (talk about the pussification of America) I Goggled "Miss. State baseball signees" & it took me to genespage.

As far as signees, Gene has covered everything this thread failed to cover.

Okay...so we sign one of the best Women's basketball players in the nation which is unheard of with Mississippi State and you're bitching about us talking about it? Holy Hell...

Ronny
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Okay...so we sign one of the best Women's basketball players in the nation which is unheard of with Mississippi State and you're bitching about us talking about it? Holy Hell...

1) I don't care if we signed the best women's basketball player in the history of the world; she's a freakin' women's basketball player.

2) This thread is supposed to be about baseball signees. If you are going to hijack this thread with some bullshit about a women's basketball player then I am going to say something.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 05:39 PM
1) I don't care if we signed the best women's basketball player in the history of the world; she's a freakin' women's basketball player.

2) This thread is supposed to be about baseball signees. If you are going to hijack this thread with some bullshit about a women's basketball player then I am going to say something.

#1: I'm sure a women's basketball player could kick your ass in basketball with one hand tied behind her back.

#2: I wasn't attempting to hijack the thread. I'm sorry if you felt that I did so because that was not my intention, but suck it up. If someone would like to post the baseball signees, please do so since apparently I hijacked this thread.

Todd4State
11-13-2013, 06:56 PM
So far, I have confirmed for baseball:

Taylor Stafford
Chase Vallot
Dale Burdick
Aaron Dominguez
Paxton Stover
Ryan Girdley

So, I am waiting on Cole Gordon, Jesse McCord, and Andrew Mahoney.

I am not anticipating anything crazy.

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes, of course Todd is right. Cole doesn't have a twitter so it's hard to tell about him. Burdick is signing tomorrow.

bully99
11-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Cole Gordon has tweeted that he has signed his letter.
His twitter @colegordon12

hells bells
11-13-2013, 09:09 PM

I do care about any sport at Miss State. The women we have now look like they could kick a grown mans ass. Keep'em coming! FU Ronny.

Schultzy
11-13-2013, 09:19 PM

According to know it all he doesn't really count. We simply held on to him.

engie
11-13-2013, 09:28 PM
According to know it all he doesn't really count. We simply held on to him.

Obsession from someone that lacks reading comprehension. Why am I not surprised?

Schultzy
11-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Obsession from someone that lacks reading comprehension. Why am I not surprised?

It's exactly what you said and easily comprehended.

engie
11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
The context is completely different than what I said.

Why are you trying to derail the baseball recruiting thread?

bully99
11-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Meanwhile, Jesse McCord has signed. Now back to y'alls feud.

Schultzy
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
The context is completely different than what I said.

Why are you trying to derail the baseball recruiting thread?

The context was obvious.

Do some of these guys have power? Looking forward to putting the trailer in already. Maybe this February will be as awesome as last years was weather wise but not counting on it.

preachermatt83
11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
I am a graduate of Scott Central and I have watched Victoria play on several occasions and Im here to tell you she is as good as it gets. She has an outstanding high school coach. Chad Harrison has 3 state championships in the last decade and something like 7 state tourney appearances