PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe

louisvilledawg
06-07-2021, 10:33 AM
Is hitting .159 since SEC play started and has about a 33% K rate.

I know we talk about how good he is defensively, but his fielding percentage is .916 so could be a lot better there too.

I'm also aware he's a true freshman so there is a learning curve, but so is Kellum Clark (who missed half or more than half of the season) and they look completely different when batting.

Forsythe batted over .400 in high school, but when can we expect him to turn the corner and produce offensively? He looks so outmatched at the plate and it's so frustrating to have an automatic out in the lineup.

TNDawg35
06-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Clark is on a different level that Lane. He would have been a higher draft pic had he not been telling people he was coming to State. Some kids come to school ready and some don’t. Some need time to adjust. Lane has been a lot more solid in the field lately.

His bat will come around. Is what it is at this point.

PMDawg
06-07-2021, 10:41 AM
It's mental with Lane at this point. You can see it every time he bats. He's got the yips and he'll have to work through it. Summer/Fall ball could be huge for him this year. He'll likely hurt us the rest of this post-season, but we gotta roll with it.

MetEdDawg
06-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Lane needed a year to sit and watch. Get bigger and stronger and have time to develop. But the fielding needs put him into a spot to where we had to play him.

Cooterpoot
06-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Forsythe wasn't expected to play this year. And really, he looks like a 2B. His hitting could keep him off the field next year but we don't really have but one guy coming in that might better. We need to find a Juco if James can't play SS. Summer ball will be big for a lot of guys. Not having it last year has slowed progression of some guys.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Hopefully we have some infielders in the pipeline?. I don?t care how good of a fielder Forsythe is? it looks like we missed on him and we passed on some really good infielders.

West Tn Dawg
06-07-2021, 02:32 PM
Hell, he can't even bunt!!!!!!!!!

The Federalist Engineer
06-07-2021, 03:02 PM
OMs freshman SS, on the other hand, looks like an All American - kid is great. Maybe our big Freshmen in 2022 can emulate that level of productivity

tcdog70
06-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Move Scottie to SS . Hell play anybody at 2nd. Let lane sit and watch, He kills too many innings.

Hambone
06-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Scottie is gone after this year. Forsythe will be fine.

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 04:54 PM
OMs freshman SS, on the other hand, looks like an All American - kid is great. Maybe our big Freshmen in 2022 can emulate that level of productivity
I'd trade some of our bullpen arms for Gonzalez. That dude is gonna be a star

Offshore Dawg
06-07-2021, 05:36 PM
can we DH for Forsythe, and let whoever is pitching do their own batting 🤔 this question may of already been asked

WSOPdawg
06-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Hopefully we have some infielders in the pipeline?. I don?t care how good of a fielder Forsythe is? it looks like we missed on him and we passed on some really good infielders.

Or hopefully we can hit the transfer portal next year???