PDA

View Full Version : Weather today. Are we getting the game in?

Bark
06-07-2021, 07:16 AM
Trying to decide if I'm making the 2 hour trek with my 3 year old.

PGHBulldogBG
06-07-2021, 07:20 AM
What happens if we get 1 game in and Campbell wins? Why do I have a bad feeling something very mississippi state will happen here

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 07:34 AM
What happens if we get 1 game in and Campbell wins? Why do I have a bad feeling something very mississippi state will happen here

They hold the tiebreaker and will move on. That's why VCU winning would have been better.

BiscuitEater
06-07-2021, 07:38 AM

Please don't confuse MSU baseball with WAOM baseball!

Jack Lambert
06-07-2021, 07:51 AM
I would be willing to bet Ole Miss hopes for rain today. That will give them one more day of rest to maybe get a few pitchers back.

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 07:54 AM
I would be willing to bet Ole Miss hopes for rain today. That will give them one more day of rest to maybe get a few pitchers back.

They better not hope for too much rain. USM holds the tie breaker over them, so if they can't play another game, USM would move on

Jack Lambert
06-07-2021, 08:18 AM
They better not hope for too much rain. USM holds the tie breaker over them, so if they can't play another game, USM would move on

I think if they play today Ole Miss loses. Their pitching was looking really sketchy last night.

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2021, 09:01 AM
They hold the tiebreaker and will move on. That's why VCU winning would have been better.

I don't believe this is correct. I know in 2017 when we were in Hattiesburg, even when we won the first game they still would've moved on if the second game wouldn't have been able to be played due to them being the higher seed. So I think we would still move on.

Cooterpoot
06-07-2021, 09:04 AM

Not true. We'd play tomorrow. Tuesday is the last day to play. We'd get the game in. But Campbell has zero chance at beating us.

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2021, 09:13 AM
Not true. We'd play tomorrow. Tuesday is the last day to play. We'd get the game in. But Campbell has zero chance at beating us.

I was listening to Bart Gregory and Charlie Winfield this morning and Charlie said that he'd been told that we could go til Wednesday if needed.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2021, 09:19 AM
High chance of rain but the HRRR is showing good chance of dry weather for the first game. Right now there's a complex of rain south of Memphis moving NE and this just widely scattered showers developing south of Starkville.

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 09:41 AM

I didn't say that we wouldn't play tomorrow. But if Campbell beats us and that's the only game we can get in (today or tomorrow), then they hold the tie breaker and would move on. That's what the guys at Gene's Page are saying.

Now the odds of that happening are low and the odds of them beating us in the first place is even lower so it won't matter.

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 09:42 AM
I don't believe this is correct. I know in 2017 when we were in Hattiesburg, even when we won the first game they still would've moved on if the second game wouldn't have been able to be played due to them being the higher seed. So I think we would still move on.

Maybe it's not. It's just what the guys at GP have said.

StarkVegasSteve
06-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Maybe it's not. It's just what the guys at GP have said.

You are correct. I've seen it a couple of places now.

KOdawg1
06-07-2021, 10:01 AM
You are correct. I've seen it a couple of places now.

It's all a moot point though. They're not gonna beat us today and even if they do, we'll find a way to get another game in today/tomorrow.

BeardoMSU
06-07-2021, 10:06 AM
It's a high of 93 today in my neck of the woods, and heat-advisories galore....how's the weather down there?**