PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Rogers says Gautreau turned down the Rice job, is staying in Starkville

CadaverDawg
06-06-2021, 10:25 PM
Good

BeardoMSU
06-06-2021, 10:38 PM
Interesting. He's waiting for a big landing spot to open.

Rex54
06-06-2021, 10:41 PM
Interesting. He's waiting for a big landing spot to open.

He's from Texas, not that it may matter to him.

Maybe the UT position should Vitello leave.

maroonmania
06-06-2021, 10:41 PM
Glad he is staying but is this one of those deals where he wasn't going to get offered so he pulled his name out or did he really turn down the job?

preachermatt83
06-06-2021, 10:46 PM
Glad he is staying but is this one of those deals where he wasn't going to get offered so he pulled his name out or did he really turn down the job?

They called him and he wouldn’t speak with them. Said he loved Starkville, his job, and was in the middle of a run to Omaha.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2021, 10:48 PM
They called him and he wouldn’t speak with them. Said he loved Starkville, his job, and was in the middle of a run to Omaha.

Either way, it's great that he's sticking around for this run, if nothing else. Says a lot about him.

Todd4State
06-06-2021, 10:51 PM
Rice isn't that great of a job. They don't have support from the administration like they used to. They used to do the same thing that Vandy did but not anymroe.

MetEdDawg
06-07-2021, 05:34 PM
I'm a little shocked Bragga couldn't hack it there. He made Tennessee Tech a legitimate mid major. Heard him speak at a couple baseball conferences and he's really energetic.

Haven't made an NCAA Tournament in 4 years. That's definitely not the job it used to be. But I'm still a little shocked he turned it down. I would say it's definitely a top 100 job in college baseball, maybe Top 75, and better than some P5 jobs.

Coach34
06-07-2021, 08:40 PM
No- Kendall Rogers didnt say that at all. Said GoTro removed his name from the search. That usually means a coach has been informed he isnt in the top 2-3 candidates and that type of news release allows him to save face. If a coach is not interested in a job- his name doesnt get mentioned. He doesnt talk to the school. GoTro was interested- wasnt in the top 2-3, and was given the chance to save face.

Rice is a better job than Mississippi and many more P5 jobs- GoTro didnt turn that shit down. Rice has 7 CWS appearances the last 25 years- they have a Natty. The argument could be made their program is better than ours.

**Edited to add**- Jimbo Fisher removed his name from our search after we told him we were going to hire Sylvester Croom instead of him.

Coach34
06-07-2021, 08:45 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

preachermatt83
06-07-2021, 10:56 PM
No- Kendall Rogers didnt say that at all. Said GoTro removed his name from the search. That usually means a coach has been informed he isnt in the top 2-3 candidates and that type of news release allows him to save face. If a coach is not interested in a job- his name doesnt get mentioned. He doesnt talk to the school. GoTro was interested- wasnt in the top 2-3, and was given the chance to save face.

Rice is a better job than Mississippi and many more P5 jobs- GoTro didnt turn that shit down. Rice has 7 CWS appearances the last 25 years- they have a Natty. The argument could be made their program is better than ours.

**Edited to add**- Jimbo Fisher removed his name from our search after we told him we were going to hire Sylvester Croom instead of him.

Did you just say that Rice is a better job than Ole Miss? Please tell me you didnt. Rice was good when they had a scholly advantage. That’s it. Haven’t been worth anything since.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2021, 11:12 PM
We all bitch about the scholarship rule in baseball but it does create parody that makes baseball fun unlike football. There are enough good players to go around and every school can go on a run. Get a good coach and a few good pitchers and guys who can hit you have a chance no matter what school you are. Just my opinion so flame away on me.

Cowbell
06-07-2021, 11:42 PM
Did you just say that Rice is a better job than Ole Miss? Please tell me you didnt. Rice was good when they had a scholly advantage. That?s it. Haven?t been worth anything since.

Thought you guys were besties?! Might be worth settling over a cup of coffee...

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2021, 11:51 PM
We all bitch about the scholarship rule in baseball but it does create parody that makes baseball fun unlike football. There are enough good players to go around and every school can go on a run. Get a good coach and a few good pitchers and guys who can hit you have a chance no matter what school you are. Just my opinion so flame away on me.

This is correct. There just has to be a better way to accomplish the same parity without 11.7 making kids pay for college.

preachermatt83
06-08-2021, 12:07 AM
Thought you guys were besties?! Might be worth settling over a cup of coffee...

Coach is a great guy. We respect each other but that don’t mean we always agree. Good men disagree sometimes

OLJWales
06-08-2021, 03:25 AM
Rice isn't that great of a job. They don't have support from the administration like they used to. They used to do the same thing that Vandy did but not anymroe.

Wow. Why?

Patrick Tibbons
06-08-2021, 06:00 AM

This scenario sounds like something out of a Disney movie. Why are you making things up?

DawgNsuds
06-08-2021, 08:07 AM
I see your point, but unfortunately not all schools are confined by the 11.7 and gives them a hefty advantage. Apply it equally.