PDA

View Full Version : Arik Gilbert to Georgia

Irondawg
06-01-2021, 10:55 PM
Former #1 TE prospect from LSU went to UF and now to Georgia where he says he'll play WR, not TE

Be interesting even if the SEC lets up on the transfer rule (almost a given I think) if they will let him play or consider this a 2nd transfer and make him sit out a year. Georgia also just got a former Clemson DB that has started 23 games past 2 years and also signed Turnage.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2021, 10:56 PM
The rich get richer

bulldawg28
06-02-2021, 04:35 AM
They still won't win the national championship which is crazy.

KOdawg1
06-02-2021, 07:09 AM
That's a helluva resume.

"I played on 21% of the SEC teams."

Not many can say that.

Offshore Dawg
06-02-2021, 09:05 AM
Some schools just don't have the money too keep up with the big boys, never had never will.

MedDawg
06-02-2021, 09:07 AM
Former #1 TE prospect from LSU went to UF and now to Georgia where he says he'll play WR, not TE

Be interesting even if the SEC lets up on the transfer rule (almost a given I think) if they will let him play or consider this a 2nd transfer and make him sit out a year. Georgia also just got a former Clemson DB that has started 23 games past 2 years and also signed Turnage.

Make him sit a year for each transfer. See you in 2024!

Cowbell
06-02-2021, 01:25 PM
If this is how things are gonna be, I think I'm gonna quit college football altogether. There is nothing good about this. In a time when each generation seems to be more self-centered, this nearly wipes away any ability to hold players accountable. It's the reason we had our starting running back quit mid season.

AROB44
06-02-2021, 01:47 PM
If this is how things are gonna be, I think I'm gonna quit college football altogether. There is nothing good about this. In a time when each generation seems to be more self-centered, this nearly wipes away any ability to hold players accountable. It's the reason we had our starting running back quit mid season.

Well said....

ZedFedder
06-02-2021, 01:55 PM
They also got Derion Kendrick from Clemson

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2021, 03:19 PM
The rich get richer

And have unlimited scholarships apparently.

The current scholarship situation in college football is wild. Just wild

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2021, 03:20 PM
Some schools just don't have the money too keep up with the big boys, never had never will.

That's why the system shouldn't allow the blue bloods to hoard 90% of the talent market

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2021, 03:21 PM

He didn't quite....

That being said, I agree with the rest. The current structure sucks for the growth of the sport

HoopsDawg
06-02-2021, 03:42 PM
And have unlimited scholarships apparently.

The current scholarship situation in college football is wild. Just wild

If we are going to do 85 scholarships can we at least enforce a hard cap of 25 per year that includes signees and transfers. No counting back, greyshirts, blue shirts, etc.

confucius say
06-02-2021, 03:42 PM
They quickest way to fix college football is to reduce schollies to 70 per team and 20 per year.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-02-2021, 06:52 PM
They quickest way to fix college football is to reduce schollies to 70 per team and 20 per year.
That would be considered Racist since you will be cutting back on educational opportunities of minorities.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2021, 07:12 PM
That would be considered Racist since you will be cutting back on educational opportunities of minorities.

1. The 11.7 in baseball already discriminates against minorities yet no one cares for some reason

2. Start Men's soccer & give scholarships to Mexicans. Minority problem solved

confucius say
06-02-2021, 07:28 PM

Use the extra 15 schollies on minorities then. We have a major college football popularity problem on the horizon, if not already here, and the powers that be either don't care or are not smart enough to fix it. Just look at our ticket sales and the responses on here when people are asked if they are renewing season tickets.

maroonmania
06-02-2021, 07:30 PM

Sad part is, probably 90% of D1 football athletic departments would love to support this change. Not only would it make college football a much better, more competitive product, it would save a buttload of wasted money on football scholarships for players that aren't really even essential to the team for all of these schools athletic budgets. But, you are correct, nobody in their right mind will publicly support reducing scholarship opportunities in a minority dominated sport in the current social environment. SO, we are left with and will continue to be left with a college football product that is the overall least competitive major sport in America today.

bulldawg28
06-02-2021, 08:00 PM

Stupid post

Bdawg
06-02-2021, 09:42 PM
The last 15 guys out would have to seek scholly opportunities at other schools if they want their school paid for.

BuckyIsAB****
06-02-2021, 10:04 PM
The portal is garbage and needs to go. Or at least go back to the way it was. Hate to go there with this but it is def left leaning, doesnt support personal accountability or responsibility

BuckyIsAB****
06-02-2021, 10:05 PM
And any kid who is in it that much there is def a problem. The majority of them dont pan out and there is a reason for it. Burrow was the best but he only left once. Some kids leave 2 3 times.

AROB44
06-03-2021, 07:11 AM
The portal is garbage and needs to go. Or at least go back to the way it was. Hate to go there with this but it is def left leaning, doesnt support personal accountability or responsibility

Left leaning??? Really....sad that people have to see everything through political lens.

Saltydog
06-03-2021, 08:07 AM
Bbbbut he "opted out" right?

maroonmania
06-03-2021, 08:53 AM
The last 15 guys out would have to seek scholly opportunities at other schools if they want their school paid for.

Yep, just like the last 2 guys out from D1 basketball rosters a few years ago when the 15 total got reduced to 13. And you know what, when that happened, the sun still came up the next day and life went on and nobody could really tell any difference in the quality of the college basketball product because those guys weren't essential to the program either. Even if the football total was just reduced to 75 it would make a world of difference in spreading out the talent.

BuckyIsAB****
06-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Left leaning??? Really....sad that people have to see everything through political lens.

I would think being able to leave however many schools you want with virtually no punishment for it would be considered a pretty liberal way of doing things

Turfdawg67
06-03-2021, 03:18 PM
I would think being able to leave however many schools you want with virtually no punishment for it would be considered a pretty liberal way of doing things

Hahahahaha! Are they woke this week or canceling stuff? Find something to blame bro... it's generations old. Makes day to day life easier for some.

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2021, 10:26 PM
Bingo.