PDA

View Full Version : Lineup for game 1....

CadaverDawg
05-31-2021, 10:47 PM
Samford's Ace is a LHP. How are you lining it up game 1? Any changes?

Cooterpoot
05-31-2021, 10:55 PM
Cumbest in LF, Clark DH and the rest the same.

CaptainObvious
05-31-2021, 11:01 PM
Skinner in left for his defense but Cumbest DHing for him and MacLeod batting for himself.😎😎

Captain Falcon
05-31-2021, 11:33 PM
Cumbest in LF, Clark DH and the rest the same.

Yep. The only drama in my opinion is who starts in left field. I think the Leggett at 3B experiment is over, you cannot be the guy that is only in for defense and then not even play good defense. We are just going to have to play James there because he has the better bat and accept that his defense is what it is, we do not have any better options at this point.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2021, 11:45 PM
I agree about James. I'm hoping now that we aren't facing sEC teams with familiarity, we'll see early season Kam return. Here's what I'd like to see...

Jordan
Allen
James
Hancock
Tanner
Debrule
Cumbest
Clark
Forsythe

Although I see no issue flip flopping James and Tanner.

wrapit
06-01-2021, 11:07 AM
Do you think Landon Jordan is kicking himself NOW, given our struggles at 3B? You think he would be everday 3B now if he had stayed?

CadaverDawg
06-01-2021, 11:17 AM
Do you think Landon Jordan is kicking himself NOW, given our struggles at 3B? You think he would be everday 3B now if he had stayed?

Yep. Almost a guarantee

parabrave
06-01-2021, 11:23 AM
Debrule
James
TA
Rowdy
Till 9 hole Pot Luck

R2Dawg
06-01-2021, 11:45 AM

Yep that never should have happened. Lemo didn't manage that well obviously.

PMDawg
06-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Yep that never should have happened. Lemo didn't manage that well obviously.

I don't hold him accountable. This generation wants immediate gratification in everything. I mean, the kid couldn't even work through one tiny bit of adversity and finish the season out to see how it would go? Come on! If that was my kid, I guarantee you he's playing the season out before making a decision. My generation's baseball parents are the worst. I purposely drafted less talented players sometimes just to avoid certain parents.

Johnson85
06-01-2021, 04:12 PM
I don't hold him accountable. This generation wants immediate gratification in everything. I mean, the kid couldn't even work through one tiny bit of adversity and finish the season out to see how it would go? Come on! If that was my kid, I guarantee you he's playing the season out before making a decision. My generation's baseball parents are the worst. I purposely drafted less talented players sometimes just to avoid certain parents.

Yup. I don't know what he was told when he got benched, but I feel it's very unlikely Lemonis told him he wasn't going to get more shots to win his job back or to DH. Just quitting like that without seeing what happened over the next few weeks is inexplicable. I get being frustrated, especially watching Hatcher hold on to his starting position while he was getting benched, but the only justification quitting mid season like that and burning a year of eligibility is if he decided he was just tired of baseball and wasn't sure if he wanted to play anymore. I still would have hated for my son to quit midseason like that, but I would understand the argument of you only get so many semesters in college and if you don't want to play anymore, gutting out the rest of the season probably isn't going to do you or the team any good and is going to cost you a semester of being a regular student.