PDA

View Full Version : Rumor from confederates, they're saving Boog for Game 2...

CadaverDawg
05-31-2021, 10:43 PM
Not the typical Bianco move, and SEMO has a pretty good Ace apparently. If they choose to start someone other than him....Good decision or no?

BeardoMSU
05-31-2021, 10:57 PM
It would be Diamond. He's so up and down, it could go bad quick. This would definitely be a surprising move from Bianco.

Commercecomet24
05-31-2021, 11:10 PM
They don't have a lot of dependable arms so he maybe thinking this is his best shot to win the regional. They just lack pitching depth

CadaverDawg
05-31-2021, 11:14 PM
They don't have a lot of dependable arms so he maybe thinking this is his best shot to win the regional. They just lack pitching depth

Their arms looked pretty good and deep in the SECT. Hope that was an anomaly.

Captain Falcon
05-31-2021, 11:29 PM
You can make a case for either direction but I think it is probably the right move. I realize SEMO has a strong #1 pitcher but you just beat Jack Leiter with your #4 starter a week ago, and it feels like a waste to not use Nikhazy against USM or FSU with the strong starting rotations that those two have.

That said, I hope SEMO makes them pay for it and they have to use Nikhazy in the loser's bracket. I don't really know how much you can trust what you saw from OM's pitching in Hoover. Just have a hard time accepting that a pitching staff that was erratic all year has suddenly flipped the switch and is now going to be consistently good. I think they probably have some more pitching meltdowns in their future.

Avelso
05-31-2021, 11:45 PM
I love the move. Booger boy is a bad MOF and I?d save him. OM can hit?.especially in that park. If our ace was a true ace I?d save him but I think Bednar is our best pitcher outside of Sims.

Ari Gold
06-01-2021, 07:39 AM
Nickhazy will start that first game..

Rex54
06-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Their best chance to win the series is saving Nikhazy for Game 2. Same reason we are throwing our best Game 2.

Really Clark?
06-01-2021, 08:25 AM
Y’all remember that time Bianco said he was just throwing his normal bullpen session in the SECT...yeah I didn’t believe him then either.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2021, 09:17 AM

I'm looking at their entire body of work. This year they basically had 3 dependable arms and it's down to 2 now that hoglunds out. Yeah they could get hot but the larger sample size says it was an anomaly.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2021, 11:19 AM
I'm looking at their entire body of work. This year they basically had 3 dependable arms and it's down to 2 now that hoglunds out. Yeah they could get hot but the larger sample size says it was an anomaly.

True. Had an Ole Miss guy this morning tell me they should start Myers against SEMO bc he "beat Leiter". It's amazing how much they ignore everything that happened pre-SECT

Saltydog
06-01-2021, 07:03 PM
They'll hit their way out of a bad pitching performance so I would sit the booger eater.

R2Dawg
06-01-2021, 08:41 PM

Yes they did, way better than us. OM does tend to play in SECT for some reason and lately we tank. But regionals is a different story.

maroonmania
06-01-2021, 08:58 PM
When you have a true #1 like OM does it makes sense. They have a better shot at winning both games with Nickhazy going in Game 2. And, in a regional, you end up in the same predicament whether you win Game 1 and lose Game 2 OR lose Game 1 and win Game 2.

OLJWales
06-01-2021, 09:02 PM
Don't give a rat's ass other than hoping they lose.

Coach34
06-01-2021, 09:18 PM
Bunko is in a tough spot. He really needs to throw Booger Game 1 but really needs him for Game 2. Boog pitching Game 2 is the only way they win the Regional I think. For them to win it their offense is going to have to come up big.

MoreCowbell
06-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Why is this a thread topic on ED

starkvegasdawg
06-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Doesn't matter if they go grab the 96 Brave's staff. This is the post season and buttholes draw up air tight. They choke. It's what they do. Hell, you know that suck when the regular season ends when they're crowing about a 4th place finish in the SECT. Wohoo...they finished 4th out of 12 teams. Hang that mother17ing banner. They're a bonafide middle of the pack sec team.

OLJWales
06-02-2021, 12:41 PM
Why is this a thread topic on ED

This.

Johnson85
06-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Bunko is in a tough spot. He really needs to throw Booger Game 1 but really needs him for Game 2. Boog pitching Game 2 is the only way they win the Regional I think. For them to win it their offense is going to have to come up big.

Losing Hoglund means that either their offense is going to have to come up big (which they are capable of doing) or some formerly unreliable arms are going to have to show up (which is also possible, but probably less likely). Do you want to roll the dice on your offence or non-booger pitcher coming up big against SEMO or USM/FSU?

Seems like it's obvious you'd want to roll the dice on SEMO unless you think USM/FSU are both pitching their #1's Friday and SEMO's #1 is better than USM/FSU's #2.

Commercecomet24
06-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Losing Hoglund means that either their offense is going to have to come up big (which they are capable of doing) or some formerly unreliable arms are going to have to show up (which is also possible, but probably less likely). Do you want to roll the dice on your offence or non-booger pitcher coming up big against SEMO or USM/FSU?

Seems like it's obvious you'd want to roll the dice on SEMO unless you think USM/FSU are both pitching their #1's Friday and SEMO's #1 is better than USM/FSU's #2.

That's the way I see it as well. It's his best shot to advance.

confucius say
06-02-2021, 03:39 PM
They are starting diamond friday