PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Documentary

Cowbell
05-31-2021, 09:19 PM
If you haven't watched this documentary by Matt Wyatt Media on the struggle with baseball scholarships, you need to watch it. I found it on his Facebook page. Maybe someone can link it for me.

Homedawg
05-31-2021, 09:34 PM
It's well done. One thing that isn't mentioned, is that we, msu, as well as others I'm sure, offer an out of state waiver w a certain act score. So it's vitally important to recruit kids out of state w good gpa's. Doesn't mean they all have to, but it helps w money allocation when competing against schools like Alabama and auburn. We are way behind the 8 ball in money on kids from ga, la, fla, etc. but they can't get them all. And we have a good product. Just hate it's not all a level playing field. But we've done well w what we have

KOdawg1
05-31-2021, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7cKh4fo6Bg

Cowbell
05-31-2021, 10:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7cKh4fo6Bg

Thank ya sir

Cooterpoot
05-31-2021, 10:12 PM
The State of MS and MSU could correct most of the shortcomings and choose not to. I can't blame anyone other than us for most of the uneven stuff. Vandy goes beyond that.

Avelso
05-31-2021, 11:48 PM
We do have some ways around it with ?leadership? schooly?s and lucky day but no one has the set up Vandy has. I would also bet that Leiter and Rocker are getting zero. Corbin has figured it out and like Sabin he should win it every year. He has the most talent.

The Federalist Engineer
06-01-2021, 12:03 AM
It's well done. One thing that isn't mentioned, is that we, msu, as well as others I'm sure, offer an out of state waiver w a certain act score. So it's vitally important to recruit kids out of state w good gpa's. Doesn't mean they all have to, but it helps w money allocation when competing against schools like Alabama and auburn. We are way behind the 8 ball in money on kids from ga, la, fla, etc. but they can't get them all. And we have a good product. Just hate it's not all a level playing field. But we've done well w what we have

Hey Homedawg, why cant SEC or P5 schools not give 8 more scholarships to softball and proportionately give 8 more baseball. Then it’s 19.7 for baseball- 8 more kids, that’s a new pitching staff.

Or does this decision reside at the NCAA rather than schools and conferences? Seems to simplistic a solution

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-01-2021, 06:26 AM
The argument is that smaller schools can?t add schollies due to smaller budgets. I think there may be a split at some point in D1 baseball

Cowbell
06-01-2021, 06:53 AM
The argument is that smaller schools can?t add schollies due to smaller budgets. I think there may be a split at some point in D1 baseball

Correct

StateDawg44
06-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Nvm..

The Federalist Engineer
06-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Correct

We are all on the same side here, but it seems the argument is so full of Holes, it just doesnt matter

- Michigan, Vandy, and probably some others offer complete scholarships
- football has cost of attendance scholarships
- private schools can do whatever
- some states have lottery money and other deals

SEC, ACC and B12 should go ahead and do it. I do not feel bad for the NE schools that are too poor to pay, it’s not like they are on the cusp of actually competing anymore.

Memphisbulldog
06-01-2021, 02:16 PM

Not the whole story. More than money, the 11.7 had to do with "equity" in womens sports even though mens football and mens basketball were for the most part the only profitable sports paying for all other sports, Title 9 forced mens scholarships to be cut and programs eliminated. That's why 11.7 is an odd number, it is some sort of ratio.

Dawgology
06-01-2021, 02:57 PM
Easy fix. Reduce football scholarships by 15 overall. Assign those split evenly to baseball and women?s sports. Increase parity in college football. Voila.

Lord McBuckethead
06-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Easy fix. Reduce football scholarships by 15 overall. Assign those split evenly to baseball and women?s sports. Increase parity in college football. Voila.

It is exactly that easy. Football would make even more money because the total team talent will be more equal.

OLJWales
06-01-2021, 09:07 PM
As much as I hate the NCAA, I would like for them to fix this shit. Yesterday.

The Federalist Engineer
06-01-2021, 10:21 PM
It is exactly that easy. Football would make even more money because the total team talent will be more equal.

Yeah, I third that suggestion

HoopsDawg
06-01-2021, 11:27 PM

You wouldn't have to give any to women's sports. You could reduce football by 10 and give all 10 to baseball.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-02-2021, 08:28 AM
You wouldn't have to give any to women's sports. You could reduce football by 10 and give all 10 to baseball.

This would help both football and baseball in the long run but it will never happen. Schools like Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, OU won?t allow this to happen.