PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball newcomers are starting to arrive on campus

jdelta02
05-31-2021, 08:20 PM
Aislynn Hayes, Alasia Hayes, Jerkaila Jordan, and Mia Moore have arrived at Miss. State for summer school and workouts.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1399383919745658884

Hayes sisters look alike.

msstate7
05-31-2021, 09:08 PM
Maybe our coach redeems herself. I'm not a WBK fan at all, but I hated seeing the program fall off a cliff

NCMSTFAN
05-31-2021, 09:38 PM
Aislynn Hayes, Alasia Hayes, Jerkaila Jordan, and Mia Moore have arrived at Miss. State for summer school and workouts.

I saw this earlier. Where is Anastasia? All 3 are really good but she is the best right now.

Jerkaila is going to be really good too, it's nice to see the talent arriving.

jdelta02
06-01-2021, 08:19 PM
I saw this earlier. Where is Anastasia? All 3 are really good but she is the best right now.

Jerkaila is going to be really good too, it's nice to see the talent arriving.

Last I read/heard, Anastasia Hayes graduates Middle Tennessee State this month (June)....making her a grad-transfer.

Rex54
06-01-2021, 08:27 PM
Are you planning to start a new thread every time a women's basketball team member takes out the trash? Drives through McDonald's? Sneezes?

jdelta02
06-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Anastasia Hayes' 2020-21 C-USA Player Of The Year
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTNReport/status/1369324912201043975

R2Dawg
06-01-2021, 08:44 PM
We had talent last year; most ever. It ain't about talent. I got to see some coaching before I believe we will be worth a lick again. As far as I am concerned we will be lucky to win 12 games next year.

99jc
06-01-2021, 09:39 PM
We had talent last year; most ever. It ain't about talent. I got to see some coaching before I believe we will be worth a lick again. As far as I am concerned we will be lucky to win 12 games next year.

yeah the tiktoc supporters will come up with more excuses for this sorry coach we have. i said it after the Kentucky loss joe Moorhead needed to hit the road...i dont need another season to understand she is not worth a shit either.

KentuckyDawg13
06-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Get that post count up, eh?

Just move on if you can't keep the thread meaningful.

BiscuitEater
06-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Are you planning to start a new thread every time a women's basketball team member takes out the trash? Drives through McDonald's? Sneezes?

Post by jdelta with subject .. Women's basketball newcomers are starting to arrive on campus

Duh, guess what? .. ITs a post about WBB .. Don't 17ing Click on you ignorant horse's ass .. it ain't rocket science!

NCMSTFAN
06-02-2021, 04:12 PM

No excuse for last year and I expect big changes this season, if not she has to go.. But you think we had more talent last year than we do coming in? Our best players were Carter, Rickea and Matharu. Hayes has alot of upside so I hated to lose her. But we kept Carter and Rickea and in my opinion we upgraded everywhere else. I'm taking the Hayes sisters, Jerkaila and Ashley Jones over the other girls we lost. Yes we are smaller but adding Farley helps there and Kohl will likely see more minutes. Plus we are still after one more big.

schddog72
06-02-2021, 06:42 PM

My first viewing of this video just reinforced what was already painfully obvious as the major problem with our WBB program. Watch NMP - she acts like more of a mother/big sister figure to those girls. You can't do that and still command the respect and discipline required by the head coach from the team. That's just not possible. She can be their friend/big sister, but not their head coach at the same time. She's trying to have her cake and eat it too.

R2Dawg
06-02-2021, 07:10 PM
No excuse for last year and I expect big changes this season, if not she has to go.. But you think we had more talent last year than we do coming in? Our best players were Carter, Rickea and Matharu. Hayes has alot of upside so I hated to lose her. But we kept Carter and Rickea and in my opinion we upgraded everywhere else. I'm taking the Hayes sisters, Jerkaila and Ashley Jones over the other girls we lost. Yes we are smaller but adding Farley helps there and Kohl will likely see more minutes. Plus we are still after one more big.

Maybe but Matharu, Hayes and Wiggins were big losses. Jackson and Carter stunk it up last year. None of those transfers have proven anything yet so we will see. Point was with good talent we regressed so what is different now?

NCMSTFAN
06-02-2021, 07:31 PM
My first viewing of this video just reinforced what was already painfully obvious as the major problem with our WBB program. Watch NMP - she acts like more of a mother/big sister figure to those girls. You can't do that and still command the respect and discipline required by the head coach from the team. That's just not possible. She can be their friend/big sister, but not their head coach at the same time. She's trying to have her cake and eat it too.

This has to stop. If she can't coach then she needs to go, bottom line. But welcoming players in by hugging is absolutely fine, Women typically do that. She is doing nothing wrong, you don't have to be strict 24/7 to be a leader. My 1st Supervisor in the military taught me that, while there are times you have to command respect and be strict, it didn't mean he couldn't get along with his troops, and to this day he was by far my best Supervisor, I learned alot from him and the way he commanded respect, but still gave it, and I did the same when I got in his position. Your judging her on how she welcomes new girls to a new environment now? I've said it before if she doesn't turn this thing around, she has to go...but goodness is she not allowed to welcome players in without being judged on how she greets them?

NCMSTFAN
06-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Maybe but Matharu, Hayes and Wiggins were big losses. Jackson and Carter stunk it up last year. None of those transfers have proven anything yet so we will see. Point was with good talent we regressed so what is different now?

The difference is she has a year on campus now, recruiting and coaching are back to normal and she brought the girls in to fit her style and how she wants to play. I'll give you Matharu and Hayes' upside for sure, but Wiggins averaged 3.4 ppg and shot 34% from the field in 3 years at State, 2 of those years being under Vic... Im taking any of our newcomers over her.

Jackson scored 14.9 ppg 4.4 rebs at 45% shooting from the field last year. Carter averaged 14.3 ppg (her highest since playing at State) 8.7 rpg(tied for her highest) and shot 50% from the field. Stinking what up? They carried the team along with Matharu.

maroonmania
06-02-2021, 07:55 PM

Matharu is the only big loss of that group. The other 2 are replaceable. I do wish we could have seen what kind of jump Hayes could have made offensively from her FR to SO year.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Much like JoMo, I've seen enough. NMP,

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VastBelovedAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

Reunion Dog
06-03-2021, 02:14 AM
You are such a homer.... You are either Cohen or his woke ass wife... Trying to cover his ass... Just STOP IT already...

NCMSTFAN
06-03-2021, 05:27 AM
You are such a homer.... You are either Cohen or his woke ass wife... Trying to cover his ass... Just STOP IT already...

Who?

maroonmania
06-03-2021, 09:05 AM
Much like JoMo, I've seen enough. NMP,

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VastBelovedAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

I am highly doubtful of her at this time. I was for giving the job to Johnie Harris if we couldn't find a proven HC to maintain continuity in the program during a time when coaches could not even meet with players, but since Cohen did choose to hire NMP, I think she deserves support for one more NON-COVID year to see where things go with a revamped roster. Any first year coach was at a significant disadvantage last year in all sports including Leach. But, if we don't see significant improvement this year I will be ready for a change.