PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban to the Dallas Cowboys?

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I live in Dallas, and all the Dallas media can talk about the last few days is how Jerry needs to fire Garrett and hire Saban to replace him. On this surface this may seem ridiculous, but, if Saban can get some player personnel control, and he may be able to if Jerry is desperate enough, this job may be a good fit for Saban.

Here's why:

1. The Cowboys already have a good QB and offensive weapons. Saban wouldn't have create an offense. He would just need to improve it, institute a running game, and reign in Romo from making critical mistakes.

2. The Cowboys' defense is the problem and this is where Saban can obviously help the most.

3. Alabama has played a number of games at Cowboys' Stadium over the last 5 years, so I would imagine that Jerry and Saban know each other.

4. Winning a Super Bowl with the Cowboys would possibly make Saban the greatest football coach of all time.

5. Jerry has a history of college coaches, Johnson, Switzer, and Gailey

Anyway, everyone though Texas may be the job that Saban leaves Bama for, but I think the Cowboys could be a bigger threat.

starkvegasdawg
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I think Saban would go to a 1A academy coaching job before he went back to the NFL.

Barking 13
11-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Maybe the dark lord can rule both Dallas and Texas, while overseeing his underling in Tuscaloosa...****

geotop
11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
I did see some chatter about Sumlin going to Houston.

engie
11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Never happen unless Jones gave up full management control -- which will never, ever happen. He will burn that stadium to the ground before he gives up any control...

msstate7
11-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I think Saban would go to a 1A academy coaching job before he went back to the NFL.

I disagree. Saban is one of the most successful college coaches of all time. He's a winner. Don't you think it bothers him at night that he actually failed in the nfl? I do.

slickdawg
11-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Never happen unless Jones gave up full management control -- which will never, ever happen. He will burn that stadium to the ground before he gives up any control...

This could not be said any more accurately.

was21
11-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Saban may have satisfied his curiosity about the NFL and he may no longer have the fire in the belly. And I can't think of a worse marriage than Saban and Jerry Jones. There may be some control freak issues he has that he simply can't exercise in the NFL. Of course, if the money was right......who knows.

Bass Chaser
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM

+1 and it pisses me off.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I dont think it will happen- but this has a 100% more chance of happening than him going to Texas

msstate7
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I dont think it will happen- but this has a 100% more chance of happening than him going to Texas

Well there you have it. 0% + 100% = 100% chance that saban goes to cowboys per coach**

TUSK
11-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Shotgun... what are your personal feelings regarding Bama? From a historical perspective, if you please.

I live in Dallas, and all the Dallas media can talk about the last few days is how Jerry needs to fire Garrett and hire Saban to replace him. On this surface this may seem ridiculous, but, if Saban can get some player personnel control, and he may be able to if Jerry is desperate enough, this job may be a good fit for Saban.

Here's why:

1. The Cowboys already have a good QB and offensive weapons. Saban wouldn't have create an offense. He would just need to improve it, institute a running game, and reign in Romo from making critical mistakes.

2. The Cowboys' defense is the problem and this is where Saban can obviously help the most.

3. Alabama has played a number of games at Cowboys' Stadium over the last 5 years, so I would imagine that Jerry and Saban know each other.

4. Winning a Super Bowl with the Cowboys would possibly make Saban the greatest football coach of all time.

5. Jerry has a history of college coaches, Johnson, Switzer, and Gailey

Anyway, everyone though Texas may be the job that Saban leaves Bama for, but I think the Cowboys could be a bigger threat.

Coach34
11-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I've historically hated them fyi

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Shotgun... what are your personal feelings regarding Bama? From a historical perspective, if you please.

Good program, claims more National Titles than they've won, and probably cheated in recruiting to win most of the championships they won pre-1992.

other than that, I don't think about them much. Much more concerned about MSU.

Madkinmecrazy
11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't see it happening, but I think any NFL job is more likely than him going to any other college.

Although I think the Cowboys/Jerry Jones would be the last place he'd go.