05-29-2021, 10:33 AM
We're #9, Stanford now #8

https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/projected-field-of-64-may-29/

AROB44
05-29-2021, 10:36 AM
Gloom, Despair, Agony on us!!!

Cowbell
05-29-2021, 10:39 AM
With this team, I am honestly to the point where I would rather us be out. They want it, they got to go earn it.

KOdawg1
05-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Good. We deserve to go on the road after this last month. We were in the drivers seat, and we took our foot off the gas. No ones fault but our own.

MetEdDawg
05-29-2021, 10:58 AM
That's the way it should be. We aren't a National seed. Arkansas, Vandy, and Tennessee have shown they are better than us on the field. From there you look around at the remaining teams and you can't definitely say we deserve to be a Top 8 seed.

MoreCowbell
05-29-2021, 11:08 AM
We are better on the road I would rather be #9

Coach34
05-29-2021, 11:32 AM
With UPig as the 1seed, Fla at 13, Tennessee the 5 seed, and us at 8/9- you could possibly end up with an All-SEC side in Omaha and it would be ****ing nasty.

msstate7
05-29-2021, 11:46 AM
If Stanford and state are truly 8-9, we'll be 8. I say this bc it's better for the sport for the super to be in Starkville. I'm just that cynical

William Tecumsah Sherman
05-29-2021, 12:01 PM
Mac has better stats on the road. Let?s roll

Really Clark?
05-29-2021, 12:16 PM
Mac has better stats on the road. Let?s roll

Not after the Tenn game

Cooterpoot
05-29-2021, 12:23 PM
We're 7 RPI and Stanford is 10. A win only bumps them up a spot or two. But in the end, does it really matter? We're still going to play the same pod in supers. We lost our right to play at home by playing poorly and not caring much, if that happens. Playing in front of 150 in Palo Alto doesn't scare anyone.

Todd4State
05-29-2021, 12:30 PM
That's just clickbait.

AlSwearengen
05-29-2021, 12:53 PM
That's just clickbait.

Todd, I’m going to be using this response going forward when I see bullshit. Nice

Captain Falcon
05-29-2021, 01:28 PM
D1 has a track record of projecting at least one national seed incorrectly a year and projects at least 50% of the 1 thru 16 order incorrectly. Not that those guys do bad work, I?m a subscriber that enjoys their content. Just realize it?s not the gospel truth and tends to not matchup just great with what the committee ultimately decides.

MetEdDawg
05-29-2021, 01:39 PM
D1 has a track record of projecting at least one national seed incorrectly a year and projects at least 50% of the 1 thru 16 order incorrectly. Not that those guys do bad work, I?m a subscriber that enjoys their content. Just realize it?s not the gospel truth and tends to not matchup just great with what the committee ultimately decides.

Them not getting the correct order is really not a knock against them. Every year there are seeding head scratchers where it looks like the selection committee used a dart board to pick instead of an actual metric or simple observational skills.

At this point, I think we could be anywhere from a 7 to a 10.

DownwardDawg
05-29-2021, 01:52 PM
With this team, I am honestly to the point where I would rather us be out. They want it, they got to go earn it.

That’s where I’m at 100%. We do not deserve to be a National seed. We need to go on the road with a chip on our shoulders. But will we???

BeardoMSU
05-29-2021, 02:07 PM
That's just clickbait.

Aye, lol.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/551f35d7aa5685a8a25318dbcde956cf/tenor.gif?itemid=5593554

Captain Falcon
05-29-2021, 02:48 PM
Them not getting the correct order is really not a knock against them. Every year there are seeding head scratchers where it looks like the selection committee used a dart board to pick instead of an actual metric or simple observational skills.

I am in lockstep agreement with that. 7 to 10. Arkansas at 1 overall is the only lock though, anything after that is just a guess.

MedDawg
05-29-2021, 06:12 PM
That’s where I’m at 100%. We do not deserve to be a National seed.

Wrong. The resume is built on the entire season. Stanford just lost to Oregon State 9-1 at home and lost a series to Cal a couple weeks ago. Arizona lost last night to #234 Dixie State at home. Do they deserve to be national seeds ahead of State? Do we need to go farther down the RPI list to find someone who hasn't recently lost to an inferior team?

P.S. Stanford, a team that D1 picked ahead of State to be a national seed, is now down to #15 in the RPI. State is still #7.

Todd4State
05-29-2021, 06:30 PM
Todd, I’m going to be using this response going forward when I see bullshit. Nice

Ha!

Todd4State
05-29-2021, 06:32 PM

It means that they don't really have credible sources on the selection committee. I'm not saying I do. But I do know that Cohen is on the committee.

But they keep matching up teams from the 2019 tournament. That's just not going to happen.

Commercecomet24
05-29-2021, 07:57 PM
Wrong. The resume is built on the entire season. Stanford just lost to Oregon State 9-1 at home and lost a series to Cal a couple weeks ago. Arizona lost last night to #234 Dixie State at home. Do they deserve to be national seeds ahead of State? Do we need to go farther down the RPI list to find someone who hasn't recently lost to an inferior team?

P.S. Stanford, a team that D1 picked ahead of State to be a national seed, is now down to #15 in the RPI. State is still #7.

This. We earned it by having 20 wins against the grind of the sec schedule. You can't look at what happens over the course of a couple days at a conference tournament.

Todd4State
05-29-2021, 10:08 PM
This. We earned it by having 20 wins against the grind of the sec schedule. You can't look at what happens over the course of a couple days at a conference tournament.

Yeah. I'm not sure why the talking heads seem to be blowing up the tournaments even more than usual this year. But it's always been about the entire resume'. Not one week. That's why RPI is a thing.

CaptainObvious
05-29-2021, 10:32 PM
Yeah. I'm not sure why the talking heads seem to be blowing up the tournaments even more than usual this year. But it's always been about the entire resume'. Not one week. That's why RPI is a thing.

What is Fairfield?s RPI? If RPI is a thing this year, will they be a Top 16 seed as a 1 hosting?

Todd4State
05-29-2021, 11:44 PM
What is Fairfield?s RPI? If RPI is a thing this year, will they be a Top 16 seed as a 1 hosting?

I heard that Fairfield doesn't have the facilities that are needed to host.

But again- it's the entire resume'. Yes, RPI is 2. SOS is 129. Now that resume' maybe gets them an at large bid. But no they won't host.

Commercecomet24
05-30-2021, 12:57 AM

Yeah I'm not understanding it either because baseball has always been about who is the best over the long haul not over a couple days because anything can happen in a short tournament.

Todd4State
05-30-2021, 01:15 AM
Yeah I'm not understanding it either because baseball has always been about who is the best over the long haul not over a couple days because anything can happen in a short tournament.

And guess what? Our RPI was I think 6 coming into the SEC Tournament. Now that things are coming out of the wash it dropped all the way down to 7.

I'm certainly upset about our performance and it put us from a lock as a National Seed to maybe on the right side of the bubble. There would have had to have been some craziness that happened for us to lose it. Like us get swept out in two run rules games (OK that did happen) BUT there would also have to be some things like Ole Miss or Florida maybe winning the SEC Tournament and a bunch of other things would have had to have gone wrong for us to lose the spot. It could affect us if we get to Omaha. But that's really about it.

What will happen is we'll get a National Seed. Probably the 6th. Maybe 7th if they want to nail us for our last 10 games. Because they aren't going to nail us for losing to a top 5 RPI and a top 20 RPI team in a tournament after we won 20 SEC games. How we "looked" doesn't matter.

Anyway, we'll host our regional and obviously we'll have some four seed from some other random conference and then we'll get back on track again and we'll have MacLeoud and Bednar in a pitching advantage and then we'll be fine. Regionals are way easier than the SEC Tournament. Super Regional is about the draw. I'm guessing that's going to be either East Carolina or Oregon. Omaha is about who is the hottest.

TNDawg35
05-30-2021, 04:24 AM
And guess what? Our RPI was I think 6 coming into the SEC Tournament. Now that things are coming out of the wash it dropped all the way down to 7.

I'm certainly upset about our performance and it put us from a lock as a National Seed to maybe on the right side of the bubble. There would have had to have been some craziness that happened for us to lose it. Like us get swept out in two run rules games (OK that did happen) BUT there would also have to be some things like Ole Miss or Florida maybe winning the SEC Tournament and a bunch of other things would have had to have gone wrong for us to lose the spot. It could affect us if we get to Omaha. But that's really about it.

What will happen is we'll get a National Seed. Probably the 6th. Maybe 7th if they want to nail us for our last 10 games. Because they aren't going to nail us for losing to a top 5 RPI and a top 20 RPI team in a tournament after we won 20 SEC games. How we "looked" doesn't matter.

Anyway, we'll host our regional and obviously we'll have some four seed from some other random conference and then we'll get back on track again and we'll have MacLeoud and Bednar in a pitching advantage and then we'll be fine. Regionals are way easier than the SEC Tournament. Super Regional is about the draw. I'm guessing that's going to be either East Carolina or Oregon. Omaha is about who is the hottest.

Man you can’t bring logic and understanding to this board.

R2Dawg
05-30-2021, 08:08 AM
I think we still host and we have a decent shot to make Omaha again. Lemo has to not let any games get out of hand managing pitchers because we don't have the bats to catch up. Key for the whole tourney.

confucius say
05-30-2021, 08:30 AM

Money. They are getting more clicks this week than at any time of the year. They can't just keep putting out the exact same seedlings and pairings every day. Have to switch it up. Drama sells.

BeardoMSU
05-30-2021, 08:34 AM

This.