PDA

View Full Version : Something that got me thinking today.

It_Could_Happen
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Couple of guys were discussing the Auburn game and what it did for both teams. Looking at both schedules that game had a bigger impact than I thought. They took that game and built off of it and now they are 9-1 with a chance to win the West and it looks like that game just killed our mojo. I just wanted to know what you guys think could have happened had we won that game. 8-2? 7-3?

maroonmania
11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
No doubt it killed our mojo. I've sort of felt this season was "dead man walking" since that game. We could have turned that around by just pulling off ONE unexpected victory over an LSU, SC or A&M but we've lost all by double digits. Auburn is by far the closest we've come to beating a good team the past 2 seasons but obviously when we played them we had no idea they would turn out to be as good as they are.

WeWillScrewItUp
11-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Every year the winner of the State/Auburn game goes on to have a good season and the loser just hopes and pray to make 6 wins and make a bowl game.

War Machine Dawg
11-12-2013, 07:35 PM
That game has become HUGE for both teams. Early season SEC matchup that has begun determining the course of the season for both the winner and loser. Plus when you have a team beaten then let them off the hook like we did, that can't help but affect a team's mindset.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 07:40 PM
That game has become HUGE for both teams. Early season SEC matchup that has begun determining the course of the season for both the winner and loser. Plus when you have a team beaten then let them off the hook like we did, that can't help but affect a team's mindset.

Good point. I also wonder how much it will help our team's psychology that we scored 21 4th quarter points against aTm?

People can go back and forth all day about how aTm may have let up, thought the game was over, etc., but the fact is that our team gained confidence that they can play well in the 2nd half by doing it.

Our player surely gained some much needed confidence in the 4th quarter against aTm