PDA

View Full Version : Current head coaches by career SEC winning percentage

Quaoarsking
05-27-2021, 10:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KAUNuIP.png

Cooterpoot
05-27-2021, 10:52 PM
And all those winning coaches have National titles and been in the league more than two damn years ago except Bianco.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-27-2021, 11:10 PM
Van Horn has a championship?

Quaoarsking
05-27-2021, 11:31 PM
And all those winning coaches have National titles and been in the league more than two damn years ago except Bianco.

If Lemonis loses credit because he has only had two years in the SEC, you can't knock him for not having a national title yet when he's only played through 1 postseason rather than the 10+ of the others.

preachermatt83
05-28-2021, 12:03 AM
I wouldn’t trade Lemo for any other coach In America

Homedawg
05-28-2021, 12:28 AM
I wouldn’t trade Lemo for any other coach In America

I think that's a tad early to say but, the talk of him sucking based on anything that's happened this far, tells you fans are stupid. Period. Actually, his results say he's elite. But he needs to have a few years of his own recruits. Which is a ways off.

FriarsPoint
05-28-2021, 12:46 AM

If I ever catch you in the Mississippi Delta or the Emerald Coast, I?m going straight to the penitentiary.

Todd4State
05-28-2021, 01:57 AM
I think that's a tad early to say but, the talk of him sucking based on anything that's happened this far, tells you fans are stupid. Period. Actually, his results say he's elite. But he needs to have a few years of his own recruits. Which is a ways off.

Agree. Baseball coaches shouldn't be judged until year three because of the recruiting cycles.

KOdawg1
05-28-2021, 06:49 AM
You can't judge Lemonis (good or bad) until he gets a team full of his recruits. Recruiting is supposedly his strong suit. We shall see

BrunswickDawg
05-28-2021, 07:15 AM

DII in 1994 - but I doubt Coot was counting that one.

BrunswickDawg
05-28-2021, 07:38 AM
It's hard to compare most of these guys to Lemonis early in their tenure. Lemonis took over in a crazy situation - but it is hard to argue with what he did in his first season.

Corbin was 30-20 (.600) his first two at Vandy. But, Vandy had no real history of baseball before Corbin.
Mainieri took over for Smoke - which was on a down trend but was still a power program, and went 30-28-2 (.500)
O'Sullivan took over a UF that had 2 down years under Mac - but was only 3 off a CWS Finals appearance. He was 36-24 (.600).

Cooterpoot
05-28-2021, 07:59 AM
Looks like he's about to. I don't see them losing.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2021, 08:03 AM
It's hard to compare most of these guys to Lemonis early in their tenure. Lemonis took over in a crazy situation - but it is hard to argue with what he did in his first season.

Corbin was 30-20 (.600) his first two at Vandy. But, Vandy had no real history of baseball before Corbin.
Mainieri took over for Smoke - which was on a down trend but was still a power program, and went 30-28-2 (.500)
O'Sullivan took over a UF that had 2 down years under Mac - but was only 3 off a CWS Finals appearance. He was 36-24 (.600).

Lemonis took over a team that was loaded & coming off a WS trip. His two best current players are from that team too. He has pretty much no recruits playing for him (position). We won't know what he is for two more years. I do know both our fielding and hitting numbers are going the wrong direction so far. We need talent and better coaching from what I see.

Ari Gold
05-28-2021, 08:04 AM

Agree, and it also as stupid as OM fans wanting Bianco gone.. please **** up and make that guy walk
Jus like an ex player there told me the day Bianco leaves , the next day his name needs to be on something There

Cowbell
05-28-2021, 09:11 AM
Looks like he's about to. I don't see them losing.
As pessimistic as you are, you have to realize that anything can happen from this point on.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2021, 11:10 AM
As pessimistic as you are, you have to realize that anything can happen from this point on.

I realize setting up this OP and stating career winning percentage when a coach has two years of said career was a bad OP. I'm just kicking it back.
I see no path where we win the CWS short of God getting involved. I see several that has AR winning it. That's not pessimism, that's reality.

BrunswickDawg
05-28-2021, 11:24 AM
Lemonis took over a team that was loaded & coming off a WS trip. His two best current players are from that team too. He has pretty much no recruits playing for him (position). We won't know what he is for two more years. I do know both our fielding and hitting numbers are going the wrong direction so far. We need talent and better coaching from what I see.

Which is why I opened my post with "It's hard to compare most of these guys to Lemonis early in their tenure. Lemonis took over a crazy situation."

The only coach recently I can think of that took over a CWS team is Mike Martin, Jr. at FSU. I would think that our own recent history has taught us that a coach taking over a team set up to win can easily 17 it all up. So compared to JoeMo and NMP, Lemo at least gets a +1 for not screwing that up. On top which, despite all the negatives people are fixated on, the fact remains that Lemonis & Co. have us in position for a National Seed and a CWS run. With all the negatives, you have to acknowledge the positives.

To me, what we see this season is the result of 4 coaches in 21 months and how that can hamper recruiting and progress. The fact that we have holes on the roster is a direct result of that. I do agree that we are a couple of years away from really knowing what we have with Lemonis. The lack of progress by some players is concerning. Honestly, I'm going to chalk that up to immaturity and the fact that so much has come easy for this team so far. Considering that this is not a team full of guys who have been thru the grind like our '18 and '19 team, it may take failing at the end of this season to kick us into gear for the next 2-3 seasons.

Quaoarsking
05-28-2021, 12:59 PM
I realize setting up this OP and stating career winning percentage when a coach has two years of said career was a bad OP. I'm just kicking it back.

Wrong. It was a great post, maybe the best in the history of Elite Dawgs (hell, maybe the history of the internet). It completely humiliates anyone questioning or whining about Lemonis with a tsunami of rationality and calmness.

It's not like Lemonis is .590. .667 is worlds ahead of what even optimistic people expected.

OLJWales
05-28-2021, 01:53 PM
Lemonis has done a great job so far. That fact is far more important than anything else at this point.

Saltydog
05-28-2021, 07:42 PM
What? You had a man crush on Tim Tadlock when the job came open and and posted about it ad nauseum.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2021, 10:14 PM
Look, Lemo inherited a great team and got great team results with no drama. He inherited Jake G (who had done amazing things here already, so of course Lemo kept him), and brought in a stup pitching coach. Lemo has brought in good arms, and supposedly is recruiting good.

I'm confused as to what Lemo is supposed to have done differently? Magically known that Jake G wouldn't have the same results this year as previous years, and replace him? Nobody has a crystal ball. See that the fielders and hitters were sub par and got better players? We'll he got Dubrule so he tried, and is letting Fr have their shot at helping.

He will live or die with his recruits. If they're good, we win. If they are Hatchers, we lose. But everything else about him, everything we KNOW, is positive