PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is starting Booger McHazy tomorrow? Bianco has lost it

CadaverDawg
05-24-2021, 10:32 PM
Dude threw 119 pitches on Thursday. How the guy ever gets a pitcher with a brain in his head to sign there is beyond me. He must think they need 1 game to solidify a Regional host or something.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-24-2021, 10:48 PM
It’s a play-in and he’s their ace. But I would not do it. For Ole Miss to win a regional and a super, they absolutely have to get wins on the day that Nikhazy pitches. I wouldn’t do anything risky in the SEC tourney.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2021, 10:49 PM
It’s a play-in and he’s their ace. But I would not do it. For Ole Miss to win a regional and a super, they absolutely have to get wins on the day that Nikhazy pitches. I wouldn’t do anything risky in the SEC tourney.

Totally agree, It's not a play-in though is it? Ole Miss is hosting regardless of the Auburn outcome. No way they should be starting Boog in the Tuesday game in my opinion.

Todd4State
05-25-2021, 01:25 AM
Totally agree, It's not a play-in though is it? Ole Miss is hosting regardless of the Auburn outcome. No way they should be starting Boog in the Tuesday game in my opinion.

Most talking heads think they are hosting. However a loss to Auburn along with Florida winning their game could conceivably knock them out. Ole Miss's RPI is 15 right now. Auburn's RPI is 96.

Plus the committee may not want more than one team from Mississippi hosting and Ole Miss will not get picked over MSU obviously.

TNDawg35
05-25-2021, 02:49 AM
Good lord he’s an idiot for throwing him. It would be diff had her thrown say 75 pitches Thurs but 120 is a lot to come back on 4 days rest for something that means nothing. They will host regardless.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-25-2021, 06:24 AM

I meant play-in for the SEC tourney. They aren’t in the double elimination portion yet. So it’s a must win game for the SEC tourney. They are locked in the NCAA tourney.

chef dixon
05-25-2021, 07:43 AM
I'm no baseball guru, but he does look like he has a very low stress pitching mechanic. Also if he's a top prospect this is going to be a normal days rest next year. But again, probably riskier than it should be

confucius say
05-25-2021, 08:05 AM
I'm no baseball guru, but he does look like he has a very low stress pitching mechanic. Also if he's a top prospect this is going to be a normal days rest next year. But again, probably riskier than it should be

But he's thrown over 115 in three consecutive starts. That doesn't happen in the minors or mlb. Plus he is throwing on short rest for the third straight outing (6 days vs Vandy, 6 vs uga, and now 5 vs auburn). For a guy who has missed time already early in the year and who is your only hope come postseason.

ScottH
05-25-2021, 09:50 AM
FWIW, the talking point among the Rebel media.....it's his normal bullpen day. He is scheduled to only throw the equivalent of his normal bullpen workload.

His pitch count will obviously tell whether that is accurate info or propaganda.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 09:56 AM
FWIW, the talking point among the Rebel media.....it's his normal bullpen day. He is scheduled to only throw the equivalent of his normal bullpen workload.

His pitch count will obviously tell whether that is accurate info or propaganda.

We will see but let this game be close and that will tell the tale.

StarkVegasSteve
05-25-2021, 10:01 AM
They know they have to win the first game to get to the double elimination portion. I'd imagine the plan is to let Nikhazy go 45-60 pitches and get him out with the hope they could go back to him on Friday or Saturday for 75-80. Their plan for Hoover is and always has been the same under Bianco. They're just going to try and play gorilla ball and outscore teams.

Hot Rock
05-25-2021, 02:40 PM
I don't have a problem with them throwing him on short rest this week. He goes out there gives you what he can hopefully help you to that one win to prevent the RPI hit.

Do they have to have it? I don't think so but he will have plenty of rest time before his next start. I don't think I would let him throw again the rest of the Hoover time though.

confucius say
05-25-2021, 04:39 PM

Anybody who has coached or played at that level will tell you there is a huge difference between a 35 pitch pen at the end of the season and starting a game. Huge difference. A normal pen session will be largely equivalent to what he will do warming up in the pen before tonight's game. Then he is going to throw in a game with live bullets on top of that.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 05:02 PM
Anybody who has coached or played at that level will tell you there is a huge difference between a 35 pitch pen at the end of the season and starting a game. Huge difference. A normal pen session will be largely equivalent to what he will do warming up in the pen before tonight's game. Then he is going to throw in a game with live bullets on top of that.

This. A bullpen session and real game pitches ain't even close to the same.

ETA I wouldn't be surprised if bianco goes as far as he can with nikhazy

R2Dawg
05-25-2021, 06:45 PM
Dude threw 119 pitches on Thursday. How the guy ever gets a pitcher with a brain in his head to sign there is beyond me. He must think they need 1 game to solidify a Regional host or something.

Yeah I wouldn't do it. They think they need to win to lock up a regional which I don't agree. I'd keep him on same rotation on Friday or something.

Saltydog
05-25-2021, 07:33 PM
I'm guessing putting a booger on a baseball is an illegal substance.....

https://twitter.com/AdamBuerkle/status/1137441311806693376

Hambone
05-25-2021, 08:36 PM
Florida did the exact same thing with Tommy Mace today….. threw 104 this past Thursday

Lord McBuckethead
05-25-2021, 09:18 PM
Most talking heads think they are hosting. However a loss to Auburn along with Florida winning their game could conceivably knock them out. Ole Miss's RPI is 15 right now. Auburn's RPI is 96.

Plus the committee may not want more than one team from Mississippi hosting and Ole Miss will not get picked over MSU obviously.

Well Auburn made it easy by starting this beach ball thrower. Jack Owen has 5 ER with responsibility on the bases loaded yet to come.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 09:39 PM
I knew bianco was gonna ride nikhazy.

Rented mule.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 09:47 PM
72 pitches in the 5th inning, starting to struggle a bit and nobody warming up. Yeah this is a normal bullpen pitch count and pressure. Full of it

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 09:48 PM
72 pitches in the 5th inning, starting to struggle a bit and nobody warming up. Yeah this is a normal bullpen pitch count and pressure. Full of it

Yep I knew he was gonna do it. They got nothing else.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2021, 09:55 PM

Yep, typical Bianco. The Reb fans will justify it bc he is pitching well, and then the same ones will all yell "Fire Bianco!" When Booger goes down with arm soreness in a Regional.

And you better believe if they find a way to make it to Saturday, Boog will be flicking again.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 09:57 PM
And he is back out with 79 pitches. Pitch him to 120 Bianco!

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:02 PM
And he is back out with 79 pitches. Pitch him to 120 Bianco!

I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a complete game. Idiots up north.

basedog
05-25-2021, 10:03 PM
Not surprised!

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:03 PM
92 pitches velo down a tick, keep him out there Bianco. Don’t you dare pull him from his bullpen session. He’s got at least 30 more pitches to go

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a complete game. Idiots up north.

Yeah, I mean I understand that he could have a long rest until regional but let them get to Sat this weekend and see what Bianco does.

Todd4State
05-25-2021, 10:08 PM
I knew bianco was gonna ride nikhazy.

Rented mule.

It's a 125 pitch bullpen session.**

BeardoMSU
05-25-2021, 10:12 PM
I'm really curious if MB brings him out for another inning...

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:16 PM
He pulled him!!! He actually pulled him!!

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I mean I understand that he could have a long rest until regional but let them get to Sat this weekend and see what Bianco does.

He'll pitch him again if they make it to saturday.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:18 PM
It's a 125 pitch bullpen session.**

Yeah nothing like that 100 pitch bullpen session to keep an arm fresh****

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:19 PM
He'll pitch him again if they make it to saturday.

I have no doubts

Todd4State
05-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Yeah nothing like that 100 pitch bullpen session to keep an arm fresh****

Ha!

It's so ironic to me that Ole Miss's best player this year is 5'10".

BeardoMSU
05-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Here we go, lol.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:26 PM
Oh look, another OM player whining. Ump has been tight but really constant

BeardoMSU
05-25-2021, 10:26 PM
This is their pitcher that loves to whisper/scream sweet-nothings to himself as he pitches, lol....

5-4, lol. **** you!

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:27 PM
om has the weakest armed outfielders in college baseball

Really Clark?
OM OF has some weak arms. Clark or Cumbest both have a shot at the plate on that hit

Commercecomet24
Ha!

It's so ironic to me that Ole Miss's best player this year is 5'10".

lol yep!

BeardoMSU
05-25-2021, 10:29 PM
Lol, Mike. "Yeah, **** it, might as well burn up my two best arms...come at me you fIrE bIaNcO bitches".

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:30 PM
OM OF has some weak arms. Clark or Cumbest both have a shot at the plate on that hit

I see we had the same thought lol. I noticed it when we played them. You can run all day long on their of.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:31 PM
Trying to get a 40 pitch save. Burn all your good arms Bianco

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:33 PM
bianco has 2 arms, nikhazy and broadway, the rest are trash.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:34 PM
I see we had the same thought lol. I noticed it when we played them. You can run all day long on their of.

Haha. We did. Yeah I saw it then as well. You can at least come up hard to the cut off and see if the runner at first gets to digging too far out but that is some pop-gun arms they have. My daughter comes up throwing harder than that

CadaverDawg
05-25-2021, 10:36 PM
Nothing would be funnier than them pitching Nikhazy and Broadway and losing to Auburn. I dont think Auburn can pull it off, but it would make me laugh

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:42 PM
Plumlee can’t even start, even though he was suppose to be better than Mangum. That’s how good they are***

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 10:43 PM
Left that one too sweet. Pitched really well up to that one

Commercecomet24
05-25-2021, 10:50 PM
Haha. We did. Yeah I saw it then as well. You can at least come up hard to the cut off and see if the runner at first gets to digging too far out but that is some pop-gun arms they have. My daughter comes up throwing harder than that

Yeah it's unreal how poorly they throw for SEC baseball players

TNDawg35
05-26-2021, 12:44 AM
Plumlee can’t even start, even though he was suppose to be better than Mangum. That’s how good they are***

Boy for him to have so much hype, he hasn’t done shit. Cant start in baseball, can’t start in football... he had the one football season where he ran all around the field on people, then nothing...

Speed ain’t all that great when you can’t get on base to use it...

basedog
05-26-2021, 08:26 AM
"Speed ain’t all that great when you can’t get on base to use it..."

Same for pitching, if you can't control a fastball with your command then you can't be counted on.

Cooterpoot
05-26-2021, 08:43 AM
Boy for him to have so much hype, he hasn’t done shit. Cant start in baseball, can’t start in football... he had the one football season where he ran all around the field on people, then nothing...

Speed ain’t all that great when you can’t get on base to use it...

To be fair, had they not changed to a passing attack, he'd make a run at All-SEC in football. He's a freak of an athlete, but that's also why he can't hit. He's a workout warrior and has the stiffest hips you'll ever see on such an athlete (It's why Mullen almost didn't offer). His swing mechanics die with his hips and turning the barrel. But he's exceptionally intelligent, so he'll be fine.