PDA

View Full Version : Is LSU getting into NCAA tournament?

Jack Lambert
05-24-2021, 11:28 AM
13-17 SEC

34-21 over all.

BulldogDX55
05-24-2021, 11:33 AM
Probably a tough 3 seed somewhere based on their name alone giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Todd4State
05-24-2021, 12:13 PM
I think they need to win a game in the SEC Tournament. Definitely bubble team.

msstate7
05-24-2021, 12:14 PM
#21 in rpi. I think they should be in

Todd4State
05-24-2021, 12:19 PM
#21 in rpi. I think they should be in

I think their conference record is going to be a sticking point.

R2Dawg
05-24-2021, 12:22 PM
They are bubble for sure, win one in SECT and they are in. Not and I wouldn't bet on it.

msstate7
05-24-2021, 12:23 PM

Could be, and I really don't care if they are left out, but it would be tough... 6 weekend series vs the top 15 in rpi. What other team in the country outside of the sec has to face that? I'd be pissed if we were them and got left out

Commercecomet24
05-24-2021, 12:25 PM
They'll get in.

Johnson85
05-24-2021, 12:29 PM

Yea, and that's pretty much BS. If it's an at large bid, it should be an at large bid, and all that should matter is who they beat and who they lost to.

They played the #1, 3, 4, 6, 11, and 24th teams and went 5-13 against those teams. That doesn't scream tournament team, but that doesn't seem disqualifying against the type of competition.

preachermatt83
05-24-2021, 12:32 PM
I suspect the are a bubble team right now. One win in sec tourney and I think they are safely in. Here is the big question... if they don’t get in, is the big whiner gone? If so you have to think Thats Cliff Godwin’s job to lose.

StarkVegasSteve
05-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Barring a deep tourney run from Bama I think they'll be in. It's a pretty weak bubble this year. We did them a lot of favors this weekend sweeping Bama.

StarkVegasSteve
05-24-2021, 12:51 PM
I suspect the are a bubble team right now. One win in sec tourney and I think they are safely in. Here is the big question... if they don’t get in, is the big whiner gone? If so you have to think Thats Cliff Godwin’s job to lose.

I feel like he's probably either 2 or 3 on their list. A lot of rumors that Kevin O'Sullivan is doing some behind the scenes lobbying for that job. I feel like they're either going to end up with O'Sullivan, Vitello, or Godwin.

Captain Falcon
05-24-2021, 01:45 PM
Georgia vs LSU in Hoover tomorrow is a massive, massive game for both. Whoever wins should be in, loser will definitely be sweating it next Monday.

PGHBulldogBG
05-24-2021, 09:00 PM
LSU has a losing conference record so they don?t deserve to get in. I don?t think teams deserve to make the basketball tournament or baseball tournament if they can?t even go .500 in their conference. We got pushed out of the basketball tournament several times by teams with losing conference records and it infuriated me

Randolph Dupree
05-24-2021, 10:04 PM
I feel like he's probably either 2 or 3 on their list. A lot of rumors that Kevin O'Sullivan is doing some behind the scenes lobbying for that job. I feel like they're either going to end up with O'Sullivan, Vitello, or Godwin.
If FL loses their coach, get ready because you know where loafers is coming to find one...

TNDawg35
05-24-2021, 11:04 PM
If FL loses their coach, get ready because you know where loafers is coming to find one...

I think he would come after Jake before Lemonis. I honestly don’t think Lemonis would leave State for FL. My first call if I’m loosing my coach is Vitello. He built Ark to why they are now and looks to have UT on the right path.

TNDawg35
05-24-2021, 11:06 PM

Godwin ain’t leaving ECU. He played there and has built them into a power over that way. They are always In the hunt and have a easy path.

If I’m LSU, I line Vitello up before A&M if he would leave.

I also think Bianco would do really well at LSU. For some reason, Ole Miss thinks they are a blue blood and are above him now. He has worked some magic there.

Todd4State
05-25-2021, 01:30 AM
Yea, and that's pretty much BS. If it's an at large bid, it should be an at large bid, and all that should matter is who they beat and who they lost to.

They played the #1, 3, 4, 6, 11, and 24th teams and went 5-13 against those teams. That doesn't scream tournament team, but that doesn't seem disqualifying against the type of competition.

I agree.

Yeah. He will kick the tires on Lemonis but I don't think we'll lose Lenonis to them.

Godwin ain’t leaving ECU. He played there and has built them into a power over that way. They are always In the hunt and have a easy path.

I also think Bianco would do really well at LSU. For some reason, Ole Miss thinks they are a blue blood and are above him now. He has worked some magic there.

I would be worried about Bianco if I was a LSU fan because it's not like he has done a lot with the resources he has at Ole Miss. It's not like he is doing what he's doing at Louisiana Tech.

Randolph Dupree
05-25-2021, 07:55 AM
I think he would come after Jake before Lemonis. I honestly don’t think Lemonis would leave State for FL. My first call if I’m loosing my coach is Vitello. He built Ark to why they are now and looks to have UT on the right path.

Yeah, was referring more to our assistants but I bet he kicks the tires on Lemonis. I think Fox will leave before Jake but that's just a hunch.

Johnson85
05-25-2021, 08:11 AM
LSU has a losing conference record so they don?t deserve to get in. I don?t think teams deserve to make the basketball tournament or baseball tournament if they can?t even go .500 in their conference. We got pushed out of the basketball tournament several times by teams with losing conference records and it infuriated me

It's an at large bid, not a reward for where you finish in your conference. They could certainly make it where they give out bids based on conference finish, but you'd just end up with less good baseball (or basketball) because you're pretty much guaranteed that weaker P5 conferences will get as many spots as stronger P5 conferences and weaker G5 will get as many spots as stronger G5 conferences. I'd rather see the best teams play.

Really Clark?
05-25-2021, 08:19 AM

I could see him leaving for a World Series program, if that is his ambition. His only easier path is making the regionals, after the the path is the same or somewhat harder as they may not get to hosts as much as a good SEC team. He’s also coached in the SEC a lot over the years as an assistant. Now like with many baseball guys, he may have found his lifetime job at the school he played for and doesn’t intend to leave, I can’t answer that part

Hot Rock
05-25-2021, 08:33 AM
It's an at large bid, not a reward for where you finish in your conference. They could certainly make it where they give out bids based on conference finish, but you'd just end up with less good baseball (or basketball) because you're pretty much guaranteed that weaker P5 conferences will get as many spots as stronger P5 conferences and weaker G5 will get as many spots as stronger G5 conferences. I'd rather see the best teams play.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Johnson85
05-25-2021, 08:38 AM
Godwin ain?t leaving ECU. He played there and has built them into a power over that way. They are always In the hunt and have a easy path.

If I?m LSU, I line Vitello up before A&M if he would leave.

Godwin gets paid around $400k base. Mainieri around $1.225. $400k is great money and will make him rich eventually, but >$1M a year is going to create generational wealth. I just wouldn't bet on anybody loving their alma mater that much.

preachermatt83
05-25-2021, 12:14 PM
The only way Lemo ever leaves Starkville is by retirement, death, or firing(won?t happen, he?s a winner). He loves it here. Is family loves it here. And he sees this, as he should, as a top 5 job in college baseball.

preachermatt83
05-25-2021, 12:15 PM
Godwin gets paid around $400k base. Mainieri around $1.225. $400k is great money and will make him rich eventually, but >$1M a year is going to create generational wealth. I just wouldn't bet on anybody loving their alma mater that much.
Yea. Godwin would crawl to Baton Rouge.

No BS Dawg
05-25-2021, 02:04 PM
LSU is getting in a regional off name and RPI. Selection committee does not have the balls to leave them out and deal with the fallout from it. Deserved or not, I see them getting in as a 3 seed somewhere.