PDA

View Full Version : Lebron biggest

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 06:09 AM
Crybaby in sports. Change my mind.

It's so sad that one of the most dominant physical specimens in a sports history is such an absolute pansie whiner. Absolute terrible for the sport.

ETA / I swear if he would have went to college he would have been a rebelbearshark

msstate7
05-24-2021, 06:31 AM
What he do?

somebodyshotmypaw
05-24-2021, 06:43 AM
You are correct cowbell. And the sport caters to him. He’s a narcissist, a crybaby, and a racist bigot. I haven’t watched a game in a few years. He’s made me hate the league.

99jc
05-24-2021, 06:53 AM
You are correct cowbell. And the sport caters to him. He’s a narcissist, a crybaby, and a racist bigot. I haven’t watched a game in a few years. He’s made me hate the league.

He is defiantly a racist, i quit watching the NBA years ago and can say its in the same category as tennis, soccer, and Hockey...if it was abolished i could care less.

Rex54
05-24-2021, 07:17 AM
He's always bitching about something new. Jason Whitlock nailed it here - https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-lebron-james-is-a-bigot/

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 07:41 AM
What he do?

Another ridiculous flop in a playoff game when massive giant Chris Paul blocked him out. It ended up sparking an altercation.

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 07:43 AM
He may be the most detrimental player to his given sport in recent history. When people put him and any past great in the same conversation, I immediately quit listening.

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 07:46 AM
Oh what I would give to have seen him face Rodman...

somebodyshotmypaw
05-24-2021, 07:58 AM
He may be the most detrimental player to his given sport in recent history. When people put him and any past great in the same conversation, I immediately quit listening.

Agreed 100%

Saltydog
05-24-2021, 08:03 AM
The '88 Pistons would've beat his ass like a rented mule.........

MetEdDawg
05-24-2021, 11:47 AM
You are correct cowbell. And the sport caters to him. He?s a narcissist, a crybaby, and a racist bigot. I haven?t watched a game in a few years. He?s made me hate the league.

It sounds like he should have been suspended for a breach of the leagues Covid protocols.

But Barkley was on record the other day saying the league didn't have the balls to suspend him for it. And he's 100% right. For all the shit Manfred and Goodell get, if Trout and Mahomes broke league policy and suspension was the appropriate punishment, I think they would be suspended if that was the proper punishment.

I don't think Adam Silver will do it to LeBron or would do it to any of their prime time players.

MSUDAWGFAN
05-24-2021, 11:48 AM
I gotta say that people that say he is the GOAT or maybe 2nd behind Jordan have it all wrong. He isn't the GOAT. Not even close. Hell, I wouldn't take him as a top 5 Laker of all time. Which of these would you take him over?
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Elgin Baylor

I would take all of these guys over Lebron.

R2Dawg
05-24-2021, 12:17 PM

That is the truth. He ain't worthy to carry MJs shoes to the gym. He is one of main reasons I don't watch NBA anymore.

R2Dawg
05-24-2021, 12:20 PM
I gotta say that people that say he is the GOAT or maybe 2nd behind Jordan have it all wrong. He isn't the GOAT. Not even close. Hell, I wouldn't take him as a top 5 Laker of all time. Which of these would you take him over?
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Elgin Baylor

I would take all of these guys over Lebron.

Yeah, I'd take all those over him. Hard to compare eras but add Jerry West and did Pete Marivick play for Lakers? Lebron might not even make the all Lakers team. James Worth, Byron Scott, etc. If the roster is 12 not sure he makes it, to put in basketball terms - Lebron is last 4 in.

MSUDAWGFAN
05-24-2021, 12:28 PM
West did but Maravich did not. I missed West. That list was off the top of my head.

I can say things as I see them and I try not to be super biased about things, so I can say I would put Lebron over Worthy and Byron Scott. But he would be below all of the ones I listed plus the Logo. So that would put him at 8th. There may be others I missed.

Rayburn8
05-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I'd take all those over him. Hard to compare eras but add Jerry West and did Pete Marivick play for Lakers? Lebron might not even make the all Lakers team. James Worth, Byron Scott, etc. If the roster is 12 not sure he makes it, to put in basketball terms - Lebron is last 4 in.

What a ludicrous take.

At some point you gotta separate his off the court bull shit with his actually on court dominance.

He?s No. 2 all time on the court, that is pretty much undisputed at this point. He?s 3 at worst if you wanna put Kareem above him.

MSUDAWGFAN
05-24-2021, 01:46 PM
What a ludicrous take.

At some point you gotta separate his off the court bull shit with his actually on court dominance.

He?s No. 2 all time on the court, that is pretty much undisputed at this point. He?s 3 at worst if you wanna put Kareem above him.

Undisputed? What group of people unanimously voted for him over all of the guys I listed? And noone disputes it? By the very nature of me posting it and R2 Dawg agreeing with it, it is disputed. Too many in the media push this agenda because they NEED him to be considered the GOAT to draw a crowd or to have something to write about.

You would take Lebron (who has played 18 seasons and won 4 titles) over
Magic Johnson who won 5 titles in 11 years?
Kareem who is the All time leading scorer, 19 time NBA all star, 2 finals MVPs, 15 All NBA team, 11 all defensive selection, and 4 time blocks leader?
Kobe who won 5 titles in 20 years?
Elgin Baylor who averaged 27.4 points/game, 13.5 rebounds/game. You can argue Lebron scores higher than this, but keep in mind the rules are different now than they were then. Hand check Lebron? Foul.
Chamberlain not only was a great scorer, he led the league in assists at least one year, as a center, 4X MVP and in his last year has an all time field goal % of 72.7%

Lebron has had to form super teams, and still didn't win it in some of those years. None of the guys I mentioned ever did that. Imagine if Bird and Johnson had teamed up. I know this is a few years old, but take it away Reggie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4z6a04dBU

Yes, if Bird and Magic would have teamed up to form a super team like James did with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, they would have won it every year they were in the league together.

Too many people suffer from recency bias.

Johnson85
05-24-2021, 02:05 PM
Undisputed? What group of people unanimously voted for him over all of the guys I listed? And noone disputes it? By the very nature of me posting it and R2 Dawg agreeing with it, it is disputed. Too many in the media push this agenda because they NEED him to be considered the GOAT to draw a crowd or to have something to write about.

You would take Lebron (who has played 18 seasons and won 4 titles) over
Magic Johnson who won 5 titles in 11 years?
Kareem who is the All time leading scorer, 19 time NBA all star, 2 finals MVPs, 15 All NBA team, 11 all defensive selection, and 4 time blocks leader?
Kobe who won 5 titles in 20 years?
Elgin Baylor who averaged 27.4 points/game, 13.5 rebounds/game. You can argue Lebron scores higher than this, but keep in mind the rules are different now than they were then. Hand check Lebron? Foul.
Chamberlain not only was a great scorer, he led the league in assists at least one year, as a center, 4X MVP and in his last year has an all time field goal % of 72.7%

Lebron has had to form super teams, and still didn't win it in some of those years. None of the guys I mentioned ever did that. Imagine if Bird and Johnson had teamed up. I know this is a few years old, but take it away Reggie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4z6a04dBU

Yes, if Bird and Magic would have teamed up to form a super team like James did with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, they would have won it every year they were in the league together.

Too many people suffer from recency bias.

James definitely underachieved some considering his creating a "super team" in his prime, but he also drug some pretty mediocre teams to the finals. It's hard to compare across eras, but as far as modern basketball, he's number 2 behind Jordan at this point. Had Magic played longer, he might be behind Magic.

Lebron seems like a piece of shit, but considering he's basically been worshipped since he was a senior in high school, it's amazing that he just seems to be a racist and general dick, and hasn't engaged in any self destructive behavior.

Irondawg
05-24-2021, 02:06 PM
Yeah sounds like he should have been suspended but the league didn?t have the guts to do it.

Same thing last year when he said ?we quit? and walked out and they let them back into the playoffs.

He?s a great player and I know many greats get to make their own rules but he?s gotten so used to not being accountable for his actions that?s it?s really starting to damage his reputation because he?s having multiple incidents a year now.

The way the Heat thing went down should remove him from all time great discussion based solely on lack of competitive fire. I don?t mind him leaving Cleveland but I don?t like colliding with other greats to start the ?super team? concept

OLJWales
05-24-2021, 02:08 PM
What a ludicrous take.

Yep. Good family. Man too. BLM is based on lies though and is nothing more than a political stunt designed to divide us.

MSUDAWGFAN
05-24-2021, 02:18 PM
It's hard to compare across eras, but as far as modern basketball, he's number 2 behind Jordan at this point. Had Magic played longer, he might be behind Magic.

Magic had 5 titles in 11 years compared to James with 4 in 18. Magic easily wins with one. If you want to take longevity into it, Kareem will take him hands down.

If you want to say taking a team to the finals counts, West did it 10 times, but only won 1 of those.

But you hit the nail on the head and what Reggie Miller said. With the rules changes, some of the players I mentioned would own the NBA now. As Saltydog said, the '88 Pistons would have beaten James like a rented mule. That was back when this was called a regular foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

If you show me a clip of James getting hit like this regularly and still dominating, my mind can be changed. But you can't. The game has changed to favor the offensive player, so players should score more. So all that being said, you have to rate them against their competition and Magic having 5 titles in 11 years to James having 4 in 18 is a clear cut winner.

msstate7
05-24-2021, 02:39 PM
Watching that clip reminded me how much I used to like the nba. That was a little before I got into big time, but the sport really was better in the 80s and 90s

ETA... I have watched some nba this year though. Well, I've watched the grizzlies

somebodyshotmypaw
05-24-2021, 06:49 PM
Lebron seems like a piece of shit, but considering he's basically been worshipped since he was a senior in high school, it's amazing that he just seems to be a racist and general dick, and hasn't engaged in any self destructive behavior.

That?s a fair point. He seems to be a good husband and father, doesn?t appear to have a drug habit, etc. But he?s a racist jerk. And he gets away with it for obvious reasons.

bulldawg28
05-24-2021, 06:59 PM
That?s a fair point. He seems to be a good husband and father, doesn?t appear to have a drug habit, etc. But he?s a racist jerk. And he gets away with it for obvious reasons.

What's the obvious reason?

msstate7
05-24-2021, 07:48 PM
Delete

bulldawg28
05-24-2021, 07:49 PM
He's great at basketball?

Lol...right.

R2Dawg
05-24-2021, 08:04 PM
What a ludicrous take.

He has talent but you are overstating his ability vs talented role players. Attitude is about as much of the game as talent. He would be a cancer on that all time Laker team and I wouldn't want him. I guess if you rate on career statistics yeah he is up there but the game is alot more than that.

chef dixon
05-24-2021, 08:30 PM
He has talent but you are overstating his ability vs talented role players. Attitude is about as much of the game as talent. He would be a cancer on that all time Laker team and I wouldn't want him. I guess if you rate on career statistics yeah he is up there but the game is alot more than that.

You realize no one has ever made teams better by simply being on them than Lebron?

msstate7
05-24-2021, 08:44 PM
You realize no one has ever made teams better by simply being on them than Lebron?

Chicago woulda been just as good without Jordan? Boston without Bird? LA without magic? Those guys woulda made many teams better if they changed teams in their prime like James

klong-dog
05-24-2021, 09:26 PM
He's such a narcissist. There aren't many people that make me cringe with hatred in my heart. He's at the top of the list. The older he gets the worse it gets. His tweet from a few days ago, just an example. https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1394354391931518980?s=19

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 09:52 PM
The greats of the NBA elevated the entire league. They raised the level of competition and they made the sport better. Lebron has done the direct opposite. He may have stats but his intangibles are the worst that the league has ever seen from a star player. He is selfish, will throw teammates under the bus, started the trend of moving to teams if he didn't get what he wanted (the original transfer portal), and he fakes fouls on a daily basis to get his way. Instead of just working to be the best he has become a bulldozer that doesn't care about those around him.
And somebody said he was a good father? What? Have you seen the way his kids act?

somebodyshotmypaw
05-24-2021, 09:57 PM

I said reasons (plural). He gets away with it because he is a great player. He also gets away with it due to skin color.

Rex54
05-24-2021, 11:10 PM
Sort of like Barry Bonds in that the greatness is always followed by scandal and negativity - that's the only comparison I can think of.

You can't say Tiger obviously. Tiger elevated the sport exponentially and is generally loved by the fans. There's not really a football equivalent, the one that fits the theme is Terrell Owens and he clearly isn't on the same star, talent, or importance level.

TUSK
05-24-2021, 11:58 PM

Because he's racist, maybe.... just a guess....

MSUDAWGFAN
05-25-2021, 04:58 AM

In 1991, the Lakers finished in 3rd in the West and made the NBA Finals. Without any other major losses other than Magic, they finished in 8th and were bounced out of the first round.

The 2 years Jordan was out, the Bulls didn't win and finished 3rd and 5th in the East both of those years. The year Jordan came back, the Bulls won 72 games.

How do you want to quantify your statement? Because I don't buy any of what you just said.

chef dixon
05-25-2021, 07:13 AM
In 1991, the Lakers finished in 3rd in the West and made the NBA Finals. Without any other major losses other than Magic, they finished in 8th and were bounced out of the first round.

The 2 years Jordan was out, the Bulls didn't win and finished 3rd and 5th in the East both of those years. The year Jordan came back, the Bulls won 72 games.

How do you want to quantify your statement? Because I don't buy any of what you just said.

Care to look up what teams did after Lebron left? You've made my case. The Bulls still went 55-27 after Jordan left. The Cavs both times were like 19-63. The Heat not as bad but losing record and missed the playoffs I'm pretty sure. Same effect that pretty much all the teams he joined were horrible before he did.

I'm not saying these guys didn't make their teams better, but no one has been a one man traveling dynasty like Lebron for as long as he has. I get it, most of you hate him and it diminishes what he's been able to do as a basketball players in your eyes. His career is really impressive for as long as he's been able to do it at such a high level.

Ari Gold
05-25-2021, 07:27 AM
POS in sports today. And has been for a while..

MSUDAWGFAN
05-25-2021, 08:09 AM
Care to look up what teams did after Lebron left? You've made my case. The Bulls still went 55-27 after Jordan left. The Cavs both times were like 19-63. The Heat not as bad but losing record and missed the playoffs I'm pretty sure. Same effect that pretty much all the teams he joined were horrible before he did.

I'm not saying these guys didn't make their teams better, but no one has been a one man traveling dynasty like Lebron for as long as he has. I get it, most of you hate him and it diminishes what he's been able to do as a basketball players in your eyes. His career is really impressive for as long as he's been able to do it at such a high level.

I didn't make your case. You are right about Cleveland when he left. After he left they were terrible. But the reason the Heat weren't terrible is that they still had Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. The Bulls still had Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant, 2 All Stars and Pippen was one of the best in league history. They weren't a bunch of chumps.

Just like Miami wasn't a bunch of chumps when before Lebron got there and finished with a 47-35 record and 3rd in the division. Yes they elevated to 58-24 his first year, but they also added one future HOF player in his prime in Chris Bosh. And they still didn't win it all with 3 HOF players in their primes.

I'll ask you a few questions a different way: How many times did Lebron get swept in the finals and how many times did Bird, Magic, or Jordan get swept? What were each of their finals records? And did any of those players for a "Super Team" or did they just draft their players?

As far as hating him - I don't. I just call it like I see it. Yes, he is a great basketball player, but I would rather have the guys I named - Magic, Kareem, Kobe, and Shaq for certain. Chamberlain, West, and Bailey were before my time, so I can't say them for sure, but based on what I HAVE seen, I would take them over Lebron. I would also take Bill Russell and his 10 championships in 11 years and 11 overall over Lebron, based simply on what I have seen of him. That isn't hating. That's just observation. I would also take Tim Duncan who had 6 titles. But yes, Lebron is a really good basketball player. I just wouldn't take him over any of the others. People pull stats out all of the time to back it, but as stated above, the rules have changed and that isn't a fair comparison. What is fair is putting them against their peers, and Lebron hasn't done as well as those other guys did.

What about Kevin Durant? He left Golden State and they went from 57-25 and 1st in the West to 15-50 and 15th in the west.

Johnson85
05-25-2021, 08:31 AM

Lebron also made some teams pretty good in a terrible east, hence his finals records. He goes to mediocre teams in the West those years, and he just ends up with an early round playoff exit.

Cowbell
05-25-2021, 09:05 AM
You also have to take into account that Lebron left teams in a world of disorder chemistry wise because of all his drama