PDA

View Full Version : Jake G

Homedawg
05-23-2021, 07:52 AM
Is on LSU's list of candidates. And when I say on list, I mean on a short list. For all the people that have dog cussed him, wanted him fired, etc, you better hope like hell he doesn't get that job

Cowbell
05-23-2021, 08:00 AM
Is on LSU's list of candidates. And when I say on list, I mean on a short list. For all the people that have dog cussed him, wanted him fired, etc, you better hope like hell he doesn't get that job
Great post!
I would hate to see him end up there. That would come back to haunt us I'm afraid.

VandelayIndustries
05-23-2021, 08:06 AM
They are going to go after bigger names

CadaverDawg
05-23-2021, 08:26 AM
Yeah I don't want him there. I think he'd be a better head coach than he is hitting coach, and that's saying something

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Can't see that

Saltydog
05-23-2021, 08:48 AM
We definitely don't want to see him there. Those who wanted him gone either 1) made comments in haste or 2) don't know enough about the game or his ability. Jake's a great coach and a good guy. He's too good to keep forever but I don't want to see him at LSU.

basedog
05-23-2021, 09:04 AM
We definitely don't want to see him there. Those who wanted him gone either 1) made comments in haste or 2) don't know enough about the game or his ability. Jake's a great coach and a good guy. He's too good to keep forever but I don't want to see him at LSU.

Good recruiter also.

BiscuitEater
05-23-2021, 09:08 AM
They are going to go after bigger names

Cann would 'fit' right in!

Homedawg
05-23-2021, 09:21 AM
Can't see that

They have a ranger in mind and after that his chance is as good as anyone's

KOdawg1
05-23-2021, 09:22 AM
I think they'll try to go for Sully first.

VandelayIndustries
05-23-2021, 09:31 AM
Could see Vitello too

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 09:33 AM
They have a ranger in mind and after that his chance is as good as anyone's

LSU isnt hiring an assistant IMO. They've got bigger fish. I mean, they're the most blatantly corrupt school in America, with possibly the premier baseball job. If they hire an assistant, coonasses will lose it.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 09:38 AM
I would think LSU would hire a guy with head coaching experience.

Having said that, Jake G has done a tremendous job this year. In a time where everyone is hitting the ball in the air and focusing on launch angle etc, he's gone the other way. We have an excellent 2 strike approach and we have been able to produce a lot of runs without having a super talented offensive roster.

Bass Chaser
05-23-2021, 09:45 AM
What did I miss? Is Maineiri out?

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 09:46 AM
Our staff is solid. I think Gotro gets a lesser than LSU P5 or bigger G5 job soon. We need him to stay around a couple more years for the hitters we've got coming in. It's his class, so maybe that helps keep him for another year or two but doubtful.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Our staff is solid. I think Gotro gets a lesser than LSU P5 or bigger G5 job soon. We need him to stay around a couple more years for the hitters we've got coming in. It's his class, so maybe that helps keep him for another year or two but doubtful.

We've always lost tons of assistants. Can't believe Gotro has lasted so long.

AlSwearengen
05-23-2021, 09:52 AM
What did I miss? Is Maineiri out?

Seriously?

AlSwearengen
05-23-2021, 09:54 AM
And we probably lose half of our commits when he goes.

MSU’s fan base gets credit for it’s baseball IQ, but I’m going to call bullshit on that going by the message boards. It’s like the fans that don’t follow recruiting, don’t know that their program finished with a recruiting class rated 100 and wonder why their team loses all of the time.

Jimmys and Joes, not X’s and O’s. If a top notch coach is all that matters, just sign any high schooler that started varsity their senior year and we should be good, right?

The Federalist Engineer
05-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Could see Vitello too

Yeah, this is the man of the hour but...

Yes, Gautreau is a very good coach.

What are the chances they hire Mike Bianco, I dont want this happen. We need bianco at OM, he has a nice career plateau there

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 09:58 AM
Yeah, this is the man of the hour but...

Yes, Gautreau is a very good coach.

What are the chances they hire Mike Bianco, I dont want this happen. We need bianco at OM, he has a nice career plateau there

I'd say 0.00%.

Saltydog
05-23-2021, 09:59 AM
You know aTm has to be thinking about the future of Childress. With the talent in that State alone he's vastly underachieved.

msstate7
05-23-2021, 10:02 AM
Whether it's lsu or a smaller school, I think it probably happens soon

DownwardDawg
05-23-2021, 10:19 AM
Cann would 'fit' right in!

It will be Cann.

Medic601
05-23-2021, 10:21 AM
Well there goes Childress from A&M…

KOdawg1
05-23-2021, 10:36 AM
Well there goes Childress from A&M…
If for some reason Foxhall goes somewhere else, Childress needs to be our first call for pitching coach

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Much better chance of G backfilling at Tulane after Travis Jewett gets hired at Tennessee after Vitello takes another job this year

Lord McBuckethead
05-23-2021, 10:42 AM
I would think LSU would hire a guy with head coaching experience.

Having said that, Jake G has done a tremendous job this year. In a time where everyone is hitting the ball in the air and focusing on launch angle etc, he's gone the other way. We have an excellent 2 strike approach and we have been able to produce a lot of runs without having a super talented offensive roster.

We have a terrible two strike approach. There is a joke in my house that everytime we tap our chest means we are going to stare strike 3 down the plate and look disgusted.

MetEdDawg
05-23-2021, 11:01 AM
We have a terrible two strike approach. There is a joke in my house that everytime we tap our chest means we are going to stare strike 3 down the plate and look disgusted.

We have 351 strikeouts this year. Lowest in the SEC. Next closest is Auburn at 423. So our 2 strike approach can't be too bad.

Medic601
05-23-2021, 11:23 AM
Much better chance of G backfilling at Tulane after Travis Jewett gets hired at Tennessee after Vitello takes another job this year

You think G would jump for a team like Tulane or hold out maybe another season for a big time spot?

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 11:50 AM

Yikes, that's a really bad take. Fewest strikeouts in the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2021, 12:36 PM
You think G would jump for a team like Tulane or hold out maybe another season for a big time spot?

Not sure I see a big time spot considering him.

Tulane is a pretty good program & he could win there & then get an SEC job.

Would he leave? Depends on how ready he is to be a head coach.

AlSwearengen
05-23-2021, 12:39 PM

We found one.

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 01:01 PM

It’s his Alma-mater, yeah I could see him go there

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 01:02 PM
Where is Godwin on the list?

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 01:42 PM

I think Lane Burroughs would be a candidate for a SEC job like Tennessee as well. Right now Jewett has yet to take Tulane to a regional and he probably needs to win the tournament to do it this year.

Burroughs could probably hire a good pitching and hitting coach wherever he goes and make it work.

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 01:44 PM

Our problem is more of a maturity issue with our power hitters like Kam James and Logan Tanner. They're going to be all-SEC players but they're just freshmen right now so they're going to take their lumps.

Homedawg
05-23-2021, 07:56 PM

Vitello is lsu first stab...

Bass Chaser
05-23-2021, 08:10 PM
Seriously?

I was serious I'm a casual fan and knew they were bad this year. I found my answer, and I wouldn't be be surprised if he coaches another year after the way they finished.

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 11:17 PM
I was serious I'm a casual fan and knew they were bad this year. I found my answer, and I wouldn't be be surprised if he coaches another year after the way they finished.

The rumor is that he will retire when LSU's season is over. They really went down once Cann left. Their pitching coach is an old school guy too.

Randolph Dupree
05-24-2021, 04:15 AM
I'm not saying Jake stays forever, but you've got to keep in mind that he's got a medical condition that is made we worse by stress. Dude may be happy being a highly paid assistant.

Cowbell
05-24-2021, 06:25 AM
I'm not saying Jake stays forever, but you've got to keep in mind that he's got a medical condition that is made we worse by stress. Dude may be happy being a highly paid assistant.

Not to mention at the greatest atmosphere in all of the game

bulldogcountry1
05-25-2021, 06:46 AM
It?s times like this that I am tempted to point out that JG seems happy, and his kids seem to love being around the program.

BUT...history has proven that MSU can?t hold on to coaches or hire our top choices.

Randolph Dupree
05-25-2021, 08:02 AM
It?s times like this that I am tempted to point out that JG seems happy, and his kids seem to love being around the program.

BUT...history has proven that MSU can?t hold on to coaches or hire our top choices.

This is what I'm feeling too. Couple those things with his medical condition and the guy might just legit stick around. You've gotta think he's financially comfortable and we pay him top dollar. If you ask him how his family likes it here, he used the word "thriving"....it's easy to say "we like it here" but "thriving"....

I say that and he probably announces he's leaving tomorrow

Cooterpoot
05-25-2021, 08:48 AM
Good chance he's headed to Rice. Certainly one of the top 3 on their list.

StarkVegasSteve
05-25-2021, 09:18 AM
Good chance he's headed to Rice. Certainly one of the top 3 on their list.

He definitely could, but I really see Jake holding out for a bigger job. He's told people that the only way he's leaving is for an attractive P5 job. He's a Texan so I can see the allure of getting back to Texas and Rice has shown that they will do what it takes to win, but I just think he'll hold out and wait for an SEC or Big 12 job to open up.

msstate7
05-25-2021, 09:38 AM
He definitely could, but I really see Jake holding out for a bigger job. He's told people that the only way he's leaving is for an attractive P5 job. He's a Texan so I can see the allure of getting back to Texas and Rice has shown that they will do what it takes to win, but I just think he'll hold out and wait for an SEC or Big 12 job to open up.

Rice seems to be a pretty good job. Since 2000, they've been to more CWS than us, and they won a natty in that time period.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Rice seems to be a pretty good job. Since 2000, they've been to more CWS than us, and they won a natty in that time period.

They had the Vandy need based scholarships then but don't have them anymore.

Rice is a good job though. You just have to recruit & find a way to help players afford it