PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday starter....

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 07:41 PM
going to be a bullpen day most likely. But gotta think we open with either Stinnett, Brandon Smith, or Cade Smith.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2021, 07:43 PM
I'd go with Brandon or Cade but I bet it'll be Stinnett.

MetEdDawg
05-22-2021, 07:48 PM
going to be a bullpen day most likely. But gotta think we open with either Stinnett, Brandon Smith, or Cade Smith.

I missed the last half of the game. Did Stone Simmons pitch? I've got to think he might be an option as well

The Federalist Engineer
05-22-2021, 07:50 PM
I'd go with Brandon or Cade but I bet it'll be Stinnett.

I’m with you - let see if one of the Smiths can take the #3 role. Brandon would have been a Friday guy in 2020 if not for his injury. He is a talent and very experienced, in fact, if he is ready to go as a Starter - he could be a huge Boost for us.

Stinnett has not been great in recent weeks. His role is 1 inning in a clean inning. For now.

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 07:57 PM
I missed the last half of the game. Did Stone Simmons pitch? I've got to think he might be an option as well

No, he didn't pitch all weekend. He would be a good choice as well.

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 07:58 PM
I’m with you - let see if one of the Smiths can take the #3 role. Brandon would have been a Friday guy in 2020 if not for his injury. He is a talent and very experienced, in fact, if he is ready to go as a Starter - he could be a huge Boost for us.

Stinnett has not been great in recent weeks. His role is 1 inning in a clean inning. For now.

I don't know if Cade is quite ready yet. I think Brandon Smith makes the most sense or Stone Simmons.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2021, 08:00 PM
I don't know if Cade is quite ready yet. I think Brandon Smith makes the most sense or Stone Simmons.

Simmons would be a good choice as well as he's been a starter

basedog
05-22-2021, 08:03 PM

I agree, but IF Cade has a role Wednesday I’d rather see him start. It’s what he has done where as Brandon seems to be the more experience in relieve. Time to find out.

Coach34
05-22-2021, 08:13 PM
I'd throw Canadian Bacon out there Wednesday- we have no 3rd starter

msstate7
05-22-2021, 08:16 PM

I'm down with it. I like our current team, but I don't think we can win it all as is. Why not take a chance in a game vs good competition to see if the kid might can give us the boost we need? Worst case, he melts down and we lose... so what. If he pitches well, give em another shot later on. Big time talent is worth taking chances on

Coach34
05-22-2021, 08:18 PM
And it can be a Johnny Wholestaff day. Just see if he can give us 3 innings

preachermatt83
05-22-2021, 08:24 PM
I'm down with it. I like our current team, but I don't think we can win it all as is. Why not take a chance in a game vs good competition to see if the kid might can give us the boost we need? Worst case, he melts down and we lose... so what. If he pitches well, give em another shot later on. Big time talent is worth taking chances on
I agree 100 percent.

Saltydog
05-22-2021, 08:26 PM
I think he's the only option we have available that might be able to stymie the bats of UF (assuming they will win), IF he's on.

BeardoMSU
05-22-2021, 08:31 PM

This. And if he doesn't, no biggie. At least we'll know. Let him start with a short leash.

The Federalist Engineer
05-22-2021, 08:47 PM

We are due a Miles ****ing Gentry moment from Cerantola

But I still think Brandon Smith is a potential game changer, he is like finding a bottle of Rip Van Winkle in a bar run by naive hippy girls

MetEdDawg
05-22-2021, 08:49 PM
I do think once we get into regional play we should use Brandon Smith as our 3rd starter.

He's done it before and has the experience you want to pitch in a game like that. I'm not sure how many teams could roll a guy like that out there in a game 3 in the country but I doubt it's more than 3 or 4.

I think he has a lot more value doing that than being a possible setup guy for an end game scenario.

KOdawg1
05-22-2021, 08:50 PM
Carlisle Koestler

Coach34
05-22-2021, 08:57 PM
Carlisle Koestler

****kkkkkkkkkkk noooooo

BeardoMSU
05-22-2021, 08:59 PM
Carlisle Koestler

Wouldn't surprise me.

BeardoMSU
05-22-2021, 08:59 PM
kkkkkkkkkkk

That your over/under on how many strikeouts he gets, lol?

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 09:32 PM
I do think once we get into regional play we should use Brandon Smith as our 3rd starter.

He's done it before and has the experience you want to pitch in a game like that. I'm not sure how many teams could roll a guy like that out there in a game 3 in the country but I doubt it's more than 3 or 4.

I think he has a lot more value doing that than being a possible setup guy for an end game scenario.

Yep, Brandon Smith makes the most sense to me. If he can go out and have a great start against UF/UK then we have our 3rd starter. If not, then Hootie will need to be the 3rd starter. No way would I start EC.

Cooterpoot
05-22-2021, 09:56 PM
I don't care who we pitch. I hope we exit Hoover just about as fast as we entered. Rest up for the regional and roll. We need Mac and Bednar to give us 6 innings per start and we're fine. We can use Fristoe and Smith etc. for three or four innings and use our pen . Our season depends on our two best starters.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 10:11 PM
Brandon Smith is the best option.

So I'd imagine it will be someone else

BeardoMSU
05-22-2021, 10:18 PM
Brandon Smith is the best option.

So I'd imagine it will be someone else

Lol, yeah. Things aren't so bad, though. Lots of options. Now we get to see if the coaching staff's philosophy with our pitchers this years was the right move.

The days of having to start Luis Pollorena (nothing against the kid; I liked him a lot) in an elimination game for a National Championship, I feel safe in saying, are behind us.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 11:09 PM
Lol, yeah. Things aren't so bad, though. Lots of options. Now we get to see if the coaching staff's philosophy with our pitchers this years was the right move.

The days of having to start Luis Pollorena (nothing against the kid; I liked him a lot) in an elimination game for a National Championship, I feel safe in saying, are behind us.

Amen.

I feel like we've wasted some golden opportunities lately to find an actual Game 3 starter though. It is a bit unsettling to be headed into postseason with TBA as your game 3 guy for Regionals. Baseball players, and especially pitchers, are creatures of habit. Need to find someone and settle in. In a perfect world Brandon Smith starts Wednesday, throws 6+ good innings, and runs as our game 3 starter for the rest of the postseason. We'll see

CaptainObvious
05-22-2021, 11:12 PM
If State wins Wednesday, who is the likely next opponent, Tennessee?

The reason I ask is say we get UF Wednesday and lose? They will be a Top 16 seed probably, so that would not be a bad loss. But it would mean you have to win 4, taxing the pitching staff. So if State goes 2 & Q, probably the 8th overall seed. But, if it is UF, and State wins, then beats UT also, even without winning the SEC tourney, probably means a 6 seed or better. Since they don?t reseed in Omaha after the Super Regionals, being in the 2-7, 3-6 side, would be better then being in the 1-8, 4-5 side, wouldn?t it?

Cooterpoot
05-22-2021, 11:38 PM
Conference tournament won't change a thing for us.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2021, 11:42 PM

This. Just a little extra live practice for us. Our fate is already decided.

BeardoMSU
05-22-2021, 11:47 PM

Which is exactly why we need to expand our pitching.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2021, 11:48 PM

Yeah we can experiment if we want to this week. And let's hope no one gets hurt.

Cooterpoot
05-22-2021, 11:59 PM

I don't see it. You guys can forget Cerentola and Cade isn't good enough. We just need two starters to perform and then let the deepest pen in America do their jobs. We had a ton of holes in our staff and finished second. It's not a big deal if we get some quality starts

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 12:58 AM
I would start Koestler and let him go 3 innings. Then go with Smith for 2, Stinnett for 1, Johnson for 2, and then Sims. I would be looking for an opportunity to use Spencer Price and Cerentola as well.

parabrave
05-23-2021, 01:38 AM
I don't care who we pitch. I hope we exit Hoover just about as fast as we entered. Rest up for the regional and roll. We need Mac and Bednar to give us 6 innings per start and we're fine. We can use Fristoe and Smith etc. for three or four innings and use our pen . Our season depends on our two best starters.

Yep. Big Picture

Leeshouldveflanked
05-23-2021, 05:33 AM
If we don?t find a 3rd starter, we won?t make it to Omaha.

Rex54
05-23-2021, 05:36 AM
I would tell MacLeod, Bednar, Sims, TA, Logan Tanner, and Rowdey to not even bother bringing their cleats to Hoover.

Captain Falcon
05-23-2021, 07:53 AM
We will throw our normal rotation once we get past Wednesday.

Cowbell
05-23-2021, 08:01 AM
I don't see it. You guys can forget Cerentola and Cade isn't good enough. We just need two starters to perform and then let the deepest pen in America do their jobs. We had a ton of holes in our staff and finished second. It's not a big deal if we get some quality starts

I disagree on Cade smith

R2Dawg
05-23-2021, 08:02 AM
SECT means nothing but some good practice to work out some kinks and we got a few. I'd love to see to serious innings from EC and a few others. Get your main guys their reps and experiment the rest of the time. Get rested up for the Omaha run. I am looking at making my first trip to Omaha this year. I'm ready to book tickets, just get there. And if we are there, just win the thing.

Homedawg
05-23-2021, 08:08 AM
I would start Koestler and let him go 3 innings. Then go with Smith for 2, Stinnett for 1, Johnson for 2, and then Sims. I would be looking for an opportunity to use Spencer Price and Cerentola as well.

Spencer has been off the sec weekend roster more than he's been on it by my count.

Homedawg
05-23-2021, 08:09 AM
I would tell MacLeod, Bednar, Sims, TA, Logan Tanner, and Rowdey to not even bother bringing their cleats to Hoover.

What? So you want them to go 2 weeks wo playing? No. They need live work as well.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2021, 08:23 AM
Some of you guys (not all) have taken the "SECT doesn't matter" thing way too far. Tournaments like these bring out the competitive spirit in these guys. They want to win the tournament. Obviously, you don't throw your best arms, but you 100% play your best players. Iron sharpens iron, and I want our guys playing their best ball rolling into regional play. Does that mean I want us playing a full tournament slate of games and wearing arms out....no. But you better believe the players on our team are going to Hoover with plans of winning the tournament. You don't ever just roll over.

Cowbell
05-23-2021, 08:28 AM
Some of you guys (not all) have taken the "SECT doesn't matter" thing way too far. Tournaments like these bring out the competitive spirit in these guys. They want to win the tournament. Obviously, you don't throw your best arms, but you 100% play your best players. Iron sharpens iron, and I want our guys playing their best ball rolling into regional play. Does that mean I want us playing a full tournament slate of games and wearing arms out....no. But you better believe the players on our team are going to Hoover with plans of winning the tournament. You don't ever just roll over.

No kidding. Beating an Arkansas or Vandy is this tournament can help us with confidence and with getting hot when it matters.

basedog
05-23-2021, 08:30 AM

Are you kidding......."It's not a big deal if we get some quality starts". If someone like EC, Cade or Brandon start and go 5 innings that doesn't matter? Also rest you say, players want to play and if they don't want to win the tournament then they shouldn't go to Hoover. You don't learn from "not caring" Coot. "You play to win the game"!

We get beat Wednesday ED will melt like hot butter! You don't go into this tournament with attitude "it doesn't matter".

basedog
05-23-2021, 08:39 AM

+1 Experience for younger players going forward is important. I will be pissed driving to Hoover and our guys play like it doesn't matter, it matters to everyone or it should who are Msu fans.

As far as Wednesday starter, we need someone to step up, it only helps moving forward.

basedog
05-23-2021, 08:44 AM
I disagree on Cade smith

LOL, everyone has there opinion. He needs to pitch, he will pitch in the Cape this summer.

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 08:45 AM
If we don?t find a 3rd starter, we won?t make it to Omaha.

Most teams that make it to Omaha are in the same situation with the 3rd starter. Arkansas doesn?t really have but one great starter and a shaky # 2 then something like 4 others guys have started the 3rd game, they are mostly openers. Vandy has used Reilly and McElvain both as 3rd starters usually only getting a few innings, Reilly didn?t even get out of the 1st inning against us. I think many have this MLB view of starters in college baseball and very few have 3 sure enough starters that average 5+ on all of there starts. Most just have 2 starters and pitchers (usually more than one) who just start the 3rd game in a series but the vast majority of college teams have warts on those third pitcher starters/openers, which is what most are.

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 08:45 AM

They had their chance to win the real championship and they shit the bed. This is nothing more than a money maker for the SEC unless you're a bubble team or need to win to get in. Teams can't even throw their starters game one.

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 08:50 AM
Are you kidding......."It's not a big deal if we get some quality starts". If someone like EC, Cade or Brandon start and go 5 innings that doesn't matter? Also rest you say, players want to play and if they don't want to win the tournament then they shouldn't go to Hoover. You don't learn from "not caring" Coot. "You play to win the game"!

We get beat Wednesday ED will melt like hot butter! You don't go into this tournament with attitude "it doesn't matter".

We have one game where we can get a start from someone not normally in our rotation. Because if we lose game one, we going home. It's a pointless tournament for us. We don't even have a third starter, much less a fourth. That would've all been settled before now if we did.

basedog
05-23-2021, 09:03 AM
We have one game where we can get a start from someone not normally in our rotation. Because if we lose game one, we going home. It's a pointless tournament for us. We don't even have a third starter, much less a fourth. That would've all been settled before now if we did.

3rd starter has been a weakness, but you never know when that 3rd or even a 4th starter is needed. I've seen many Sec and regional games were a so call "no name" stepped up and pitched lights out. Also, pitching Mac and Bednar this week want hurt one bit, they haven't been over worked and they need to pitch even if they throw 80-100 pitches.

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2021, 09:13 AM

They better be bc i dropped a ton of money to go watch

Cooterpoot
05-23-2021, 09:17 AM
3rd starter has been a weakness, but you never know when that 3rd or even a 4th starter is needed. I've seen many Sec and regional games were a so call "no name" stepped up and pitched lights out. Also, pitching Mac and Bednar this week want hurt one bit, they haven't been over worked and they need to pitch even if they throw 80-100 pitches.

Our third/fourth starters are Fristoe/Harding. Stinnett, Brandon and Cade are behind them. It'll be that way when we get to regionals. One of those could step up in the regional or super, but Wed won't have anything to do with it.

KOdawg1
05-23-2021, 09:19 AM

Yeah, I've never understood the whole "I hope we go 0-2 in Hoover" mentality. The goal isn't to win in Hoover. I think everyone knows that. But as long we don't blow our best arms out, I don't see why we can't show up and make some noise. A good showing in Hoover could bump us up a couple of spots in the national seeding, and it absolutely matters.

basedog
05-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Our third/fourth starters are Fristoe/Harding. Stinnett, Brandon and Cade are behind them. It'll be that way when we get to regionals. One of those could step up in the regional or super, but Wed won't have anything to do with it.

Let's hope we make a run and get to CWS. I think Brandon starts Wednesday, if so and he goes 5 innings he may be the 3rd going forward.

bulldogcountry1
05-23-2021, 09:27 AM
We need to pitch whoever the staff thinks can give us 5 innings of relief at a later date in a pinch. It?s time to find out who is ready to step up.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Let's hope we make a run and get to CWS. I think Brandon starts Wednesday, if so and he goes 5 innings he may be the 3rd going forward.

Yes! If we start Mac in Game 1 vs a team like Jackson State and then Bednar in Game 2, you better believe we need a 3rd starter that isn't going to get us in hole in the decisive game 3 to get to a Super. And then if we make a Super, better have someone reliable to open the decisive Game 3 to get to Omaha. In that regard, I think Wednesday is a big opportunity for someone like Brandon Smith.

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 11:09 AM
We need to pitch whoever the staff thinks can give us 5 innings of relief at a later date in a pinch. It?s time to find out who is ready to step up.

We already know Harding can

Chuck3124
05-23-2021, 12:02 PM
I?d start Cerentola Wednesday and maybe Brandon Smith Thursday and get my rotation guys back on normal rest days off that?s just me though

Rex54
05-23-2021, 12:10 PM
What? So you want them to go 2 weeks wo playing? No. They need live work as well.

There's no reason to risk those 3 arms, they can get bullpen sessions and rest. Rowdey, Allen, and Tanner can get live work against Jackson State in the Regional. A few extra days without playing won't matter, it's not like taking a month off. Hoover means nothing for us.

Plus that would give our bench some live at-bats and prep if they're needed to be called upon later.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2021, 12:12 PM
I absolutely want us to win every game we play, that being said I also know that what we do in SECT will not affect our seeding or hosting situation at all. So let's play well and keep our momentum going and keep everyone healthy for a run to Omaha

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 12:20 PM
I?d start Cerentola Wednesday and maybe Brandon Smith Thursday and get my rotation guys back on normal rest days off that?s just me though

Thursday-Friday-Saturday has been our normal rotation the past couple of weeks. And no way you start Cerantola.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 12:22 PM
There's no reason to risk those 3 arms, they can get bullpen sessions and rest. Rowdey, Allen, and Tanner can get live work against Jackson State in the Regional. A few extra days without playing won't matter, it's not like taking a month off. Hoover means nothing for us.

No nice way to say it, this is an ignorant post. Rowdey, Allen and Tanner don't need rest. This isn't football. Baseball players are creatures of habit and reps. The more AB's you get against high level pitching, the better prepared they will be for the NCAA tourney.

Keep our pitchers on their same schedule as well. Maybe don't throw them 100 pitches, but be sure you stretch them out to 85 or so.

Chuck3124
05-23-2021, 12:26 PM
Thursday-Friday-Saturday has been our normal rotation the past couple of weeks. And no way you start Cerantola.

Why would you not?? He?s come in during midweeks and looked sharp. And he?s been in the dog house long enough give the man a shot

Rex54
05-23-2021, 12:31 PM
No nice way to say it, this is an ignorant post. Rowdey, Allen and Tanner don't need rest. This isn't football. Baseball players are creatures of habit and reps. The more AB's you get against high level pitching, the better prepared they will be for the NCAA tourney.

Keep our pitchers on their same schedule as well. Maybe don't throw them 100 pitches, but be sure you stretch them out to 85 or so.

I didn't say the bats needed rest. I don't want to see them roll an ankle, take a HBP off a finger, etc.

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 12:46 PM
Why would you not?? He?s come in during midweeks and looked sharp. And he?s been in the dog house long enough give the man a shot

He did not look sharp in his mid week game vs Citadel, or at least to start that inning. Gave up a triple and scored the player all by himself with a wild pitch. This was against Citadel when the game is completely in hand. It is also a synapses of what he still will do with any pressure, runner in scoring position. He has not pitched in anything resembling a remote possibility of pressure in a game in a long time. But the issues he has still pop up in as low pressure settings as we have vs weak teams. I mean if you want to bring him from the pen for an inning, fine but we will have to be down several arms to contemplate starting him again this season.

Nothing against the young man and I believe 2-3 years in the minors he may find his release but I will be so glad when he leaves because of this topic getting brought up all the time. He doesn?t have it and was gifted the 3rd starter spot and could not deal with the pressure and mechanics need to deliver. We and the coaches have shown everyone time and time again, he is not trusted in a pressure situation. Some clean innings vs a midweek scrub when the games are well out of reach and the same with the OM and MO games...basically a little over 4 innings in the last 2 months...is written in bright Neon that he will not be giving any pressure innings anymore this season. It is glaring to all who will see what spots the coaches are only considering using him. And honestly after regionals, where we very well may not see him, he will most likely not pitch again this season. Maybe if one gets way way out hand in SR or Omaha. And going by what SEC innings he has gotten since March, 1 2/3 total, it will be in a blow out loss.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 12:47 PM

B/c he is not going to be a starter for us in the postseason. Is that not obvious by now?

R2Dawg
05-23-2021, 12:58 PM

Yes they need to play their normal spots weekly, play to win, play hard but not over stretch anyone. If we were to go deep, we don't need to burn guys out before regionals though. If we win SECT so be it but this is prep for Omaha run. We have fielding, pitching and batting areas that need reps.

A few guys may need a day off after they play a couple of games. We had a lot of guys that didn't get many reps against Bama so we should be good to go.

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 01:47 PM
He did not look sharp in his mid week game vs Citadel, or at least to start that inning. Gave up a triple and scored the player all by himself with a wild pitch. This was against Citadel when the game is completely in hand. It is also a synapses of what he still will do with any pressure, runner in scoring position. He has not pitched in anything resembling a remote possibility of pressure in a game in a long time. But the issues he has still pop up in as low pressure settings as we have vs weak teams. I mean if you want to bring him from the pen for an inning, fine but we will have to be down several arms to contemplate starting him again this season.

Nothing against the young man and I believe 2-3 years in the minors he may find his release but I will be so glad when he leaves because of this topic getting brought up all the time. He doesn?t have it and was gifted the 3rd starter spot and could not deal with the pressure and mechanics need to deliver. We and the coaches have shown everyone time and time again, he is not trusted in a pressure situation. Some clean innings vs a midweek scrub when the games are well out of reach and the same with the OM and MO games...basically a little over 4 innings in the last 2 months...is written in bright Neon that he will not be giving any pressure innings anymore this season. It is glaring to all who will see what spots the coaches are only considering using him. And honestly after regionals, where we very well may not see him, he will most likely not pitch again this season. Maybe if one gets way way out hand in SR or Omaha. And going by what SEC innings he has gotten since March, 1 2/3 total, it will be in a blow out loss.

I have my doubts about Cerentola making it in pro ball outside of a cup of coffee. At some point you have to be able to perform. I know we have some electric games at Dudy-Noble but let's be honest that pales in comparison to a St. Louis, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, etc. atmosphere.

And I think he's going to be a relief only guy too.

People compare him to Woodruff but Woodruff was ineffective because he was hurt. It's apples and oranges. Cerentola reminds me a lot more of Evan Mitchell. Big arm, lack of command, looks uncomfortable in pressure situations, etc. If Woodruff wasn't hurt he would have been another Chris Stratton or Dakota Hudson for us.

Really Clark?
05-23-2021, 01:54 PM
I have my doubts about Cerentola making it in pro ball outside of a cup of coffee. At some point you have to be able to perform. I know we have some electric games at Dudy-Noble but let's be honest that pales in comparison to a St. Louis, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, etc. atmosphere.

People compare him to Woodruff but Woodruff was ineffective because he was hurt. It's apples and oranges. Cerentola reminds me a lot more of Evan Mitchell. Big arm, lack of command, looks uncomfortable in pressure situations, etc. If Woodruff wasn't hurt he would have been another Chris Stratton or Dakota Hudson for us.

I agree, I see him as a pen arm if he makes it. Part of it is because he actually stays down the lane better from the stretch allowing him to repeat his release a little more consistent. Dealing with pressure is the biggest issue. I suspect if that gets taken care of, his mechanics settle down as well.

msstate7
05-23-2021, 01:55 PM

Evan Mitchell is a good comparison.

I'm not counting EC out though in pro ball. Maybe he'll get drafted by the rays or someone like them that can develop the hell out of pitching

Cowbell
05-23-2021, 03:30 PM
LOL, everyone has there opinion. He needs to pitch, he will pitch in the Cape this summer.

You do realize I was taking up for Cade right? I would love to see him pitch Wednesday

basedog
05-23-2021, 03:54 PM
You do realize I was taking up for Cade right? I would love to see him pitch Wednesday

Yes I was agreeing with you about this quote you had to Cooter. He will get his chance, may not be this year as the Coaches told him after his injury that they are counting on him next year. Who knows what will happen in the next few weeks with our staff.

Btw Cowbell, weird feeling sitting in the stands and watching My grandson giving up a grand slam. Folks sitting behind me and a few more know he is related to me where real nice but I’m sure cussing under there breathe. LOL. I was anyway.
But he did ok after that pitch, the walk before is what put the pressure on him. He settled in did ok striking out 3 in those two innings. I also don’t sit with my daughter and son n law. Too much pressure. LOL

HoopsDawg
05-23-2021, 05:37 PM
Yes I was agreeing with you about this quote you had to Cooter. He will get his chance, may not be this year as the Coaches told him after his injury that they are counting on him next year. Who knows what will happen in the next few weeks with our staff.

Btw Cowbell, weird feeling sitting in the stands and watching My grandson giving up a grand slam. Folks sitting behind me and a few more know he is related to me where real nice but I’m sure cussing under there breathe. LOL. I was anyway.
But he did ok after that pitch, the walk before is what put the pressure on him. He settled in did ok striking out 3 in those two innings. I also don’t sit with my daughter and son n law. Too much pressure. LOL

I'm sure your daughter and son in law appreciate that.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2021, 06:17 PM

I feel your pain and know exactly what you're talking about, accept it's my sons and not grandson, only difference.

Cowbell
05-23-2021, 07:27 PM

Btw Cowbell, weird feeling sitting in the stands and watching My grandson giving up a grand slam. Folks sitting behind me and a few more know he is related to me where real nice but I?m sure cussing under there breathe. LOL. I was anyway.
But he did ok after that pitch, the walk before is what put the pressure on him. He settled in did ok striking out 3 in those two innings. I also don?t sit with my daughter and son n law. Too much pressure. LOL

Good deal - I was just making sure. I wish everyone on this board had a loved one on the team because it would be a different atmosphere on here. It's why I love to see Bucky backing Will. We should honestly all support these kids like you guys do. I feel it is one reason we struggle in athletics. I get frustrated at coaches because they are well paid. But players are a different story. And nobody is perfect - especially an 18-20 yr old.

chef dixon
05-23-2021, 08:24 PM
Why is everyone freaking out about this 3rd starter issue? Literally no one in college baseball has a good 3rd starter. We've got just as good of arms after Mac and Bednar than anyone in the country and that's all that matters.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2021, 09:00 PM
Why is everyone freaking out about this 3rd starter issue? Literally no one in college baseball has a good 3rd starter. We've got just as good of arms after Mac and Bednar than anyone in the country and that's all that matters.

True dat. Even Vandy has struggled with a third starter. It's hard to have 3 big time starters on a college staff. And our staff is deep.

basedog
05-23-2021, 09:20 PM
I feel your pain and know exactly what you're talking about, accept it's my sons and not grandson, only difference.

Yes on difference. I try not to say much to folks around me bout Cade. Most are true Maroon and not much calling out players. My daughter and son n law handle this situation great with Cade. Me, well I don’t really say much bout what he should or shouldn’t do. Isn’t my call. I say too much on ED bout him, it’s hard but I do stay in my lane.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2021, 09:27 PM
Yes on difference. I try not to say much to folks around me bout Cade. Most are true Maroon and not much calling out players. My daughter and son n law handle this situation great with Cade. Me, well I don’t really say much bout what he should or shouldn’t do. Isn’t my call. I say too much on ED bout him, it’s hard but I do stay in my lane.

You're a good dude!

Todd4State
05-23-2021, 11:10 PM
Evan Mitchell is a good comparison.

I'm not counting EC out though in pro ball. Maybe he'll get drafted by the rays or someone like them that can develop the hell out of pitching

It is too early to count him out completely. Which is why I said I have my doubts. The Rays would be a good organization for him. Plus no one watches them in person so that should help with the pressure.