PDA

View Full Version : What can MSU do against Bama to give you confidence in the program's direction?

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Been thinking about this today, and was curious what you guys need to see to consider our performance a step forward for the program?

Since we all agree that a win is highly unlikely, is there anything we can do besides winning or just staying healthy, that will allow you to walk out of Davis Wade Saturday night with your head held high and encouraged about our future?

For me:

If we go into the 4th quarter down by 10 or less having shown the ability to move the ball and score on Bama I will consider that a step forward. If the score is 10-0 Bama, I won't be happy, but if it's 24-14 going into the 4th I will be.

I want the talent that we have to play to their potential and for us to execute as well as possible, so that we can get a clear gage or where we are as program.

I also want to see Mullen make logical personnel decisions.

This isn't a thread for you to state your expectations for the game. We have had enough threads that do that. This is a thread for you to state what you realistically HOPE to see.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Same for me - would like for it to be respectable in the 2nd half. Last year it was all but over by the 2nd quarter, and I sat in the freezing wind at the top of Bryant-Denny to witness it and then have to see all the facebook statuses and tweets making fun of the "We Believe" stuff. Last year the game was all hyped up and really their first shot of the season at making a big statement. This year they're coming off the hype of the LSU primetime game and have to come to Starkville, so if it's another beatdown I'll be pretty disappointed. I already like the young talent and feel like next year's schedule sets up well, so a hard-fought game against the national champs with a respectable score will make me feel better about our direction.