PDA

View Full Version : OT - fresh seafood in Orange Beach

Westdawg
05-22-2021, 12:50 PM
Down here for a week. Anyone know of a good local seafood marketplace that won't break the bank? Wanting to fry/grill out a couple times instead of fighting crowds.
I remember growing up my dad used to go to a pier and buy straight from boats...but I think that was in Gulf Shores. Any suggestions welcomed

Dawgbite
05-22-2021, 01:30 PM
Best place is Joe Patty's in Pensacola. Blaylocks is ok but 1/10 the selection of Joe Patty's . I buy a good bit at Rausch's.

MaroonFlounder
05-22-2021, 04:16 PM
I make the drive out to Bon Secour. It's Aquilla's , I think, is the name of the place. You go west off hwy 59 from Foley just north of Gulf Shores. Two lane curvy road past the Tin Top Oyster Bar/restaurant. They ice pack it to go and a reasonable price.

preachermatt83
05-23-2021, 06:05 AM
I make the drive out to Bon Secour. It's Aquilla's , I think, is the name of the place. You go west off hwy 59 from Foley just north of Gulf Shores. Two lane curvy road past the Tin Top Oyster Bar/restaurant. They ice pack it to go and a reasonable price.

Tin top is so good!! That bone in chop is heaven food!!

preachermatt83
05-23-2021, 06:06 AM
Don’t miss out on a ribeye from big mikes while down there.

chainedup_Dawg
05-23-2021, 07:07 AM
There is a seafood market just as you get into Gulf Shores from Orange Beach. I can't remember the name but we go there every time. It's not a bad drive at all

Dawgbite
05-23-2021, 08:34 AM
If you’ve never been to Joe Patty’s, it’s an experience just unto itself. It’s worth the trip just to see it.

CarolinaDawgs
05-24-2021, 12:37 PM
Lartigues Seafood is solid

ronald00mark
10-05-2021, 03:45 AM
During our last visit to GS, we couldn't get enough of this place! The option to have them cook our dinner and take it home to eat was fantastic! We had a quick and easy seafood dinner with our extended family. Staff is friendly and helpful, and customer service is excellent! We're already planning a return visit during our September trip https://www.lolacovington.com/.