PDA

View Full Version : SEC Tourney bye rides on today's game

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 07:25 AM
If what Joel Coleman tweeted is accurate, we need to win today because if we finish in a 3 way tie with Ole Miss and Tennesse, they would get the 3 and 4 seeds and we would bump to #5. Meaning, if us and Tennessee lose and Ole Miss wins today, we would drop to #5 and play a day sooner. Would like to avoid that if possible.

MetEdDawg
05-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Goes to show you how tough the SEC is this year. In 2019 there were 4 teams with 19 conference wins or more. In 2018 there was only 1 with 19 conference wins or above and 3 teams at 18 conference wins.

This year, there are already 4 teams at 19 or more, Ole Miss can make it 5 today, and Florida could get to 18 with a win over Arkansas. Even SC could get to 17 which would give the conference 7 teams with 17 or more conference wins. The last time that happened was 2017 and that year there were 4 teams with fewer than 10 conference wins.

This may be the most complete conference we've ever had. A Texas A&M win today gives them double digit conference wins and would leave Missouri as the only team in conference with fewer than 10 conference wins. So we could have 7 teams with 17 or more conference wins and only 1 team with single digit conference wins.

Dawgbite
05-22-2021, 08:01 AM
True but all three things must happen for us to drop to 5. Best scenario is we win, Tn loses and it doesn?t matter what OM does, even though they should lose just on the Douche Principle alone. Add a Vandy loss to this and we could jump to second. Just win baby.

Saltydog
05-22-2021, 08:10 AM
Goes to show you how tough the SEC is this year. In 2019 there were 4 teams with 19 conference wins or more. In 2018 there was only 1 with 19 conference wins or above and 3 teams at 18 conference wins.

This year, there are already 4 teams at 19 or more, Ole Miss can make it 5 today, and Florida could get to 18 with a win over Arkansas. Even SC could get to 17 which would give the conference 7 teams with 17 or more conference wins. The last time that happened was 2017 and that year there were 4 teams with fewer than 10 conference wins.

This may be the most complete conference we've ever had. A Texas A&M win today gives them double digit conference wins and would leave Missouri as the only team in conference with fewer than 10 conference wins. So we could have 7 teams with 17 or more conference wins and only 1 team with single digit conference wins.

It also tells us the league is top heavy. Only seven teams likely to make post season play.

KOdawg1
05-22-2021, 08:20 AM
Crazy that with one game left, we could be anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

basedog
05-22-2021, 08:24 AM
This game today should get our guys ready for tournament play. I know some will disagree but I hope and I also think we will play to win the Sec Tournament. Some have said no to the tournament and get ready for Regional, well winning always is better than losing. I hate losing!!! Today should feel like a regional game, it means something!

Homedawg
05-22-2021, 08:27 AM
True but all three things must happen for us to drop to 5. Best scenario is we win, Tn loses and it doesn?t matter what OM does, even though they should lose just on the Douche Principle alone. Add a Vandy loss to this and we could jump to second. Just win baby.

We can't jump to second in tournament seed. East winner gets that. Second in standings yes. But doesn't really matter. Just win get the bye.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Crazy that with one game left, we could be anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

Makes that Mizzou series even more painful. We'd be playing for a shot at the outright SEC title today with a win and an Ark loss if we had taken care of business versus the last placed team. I know I need to get over it, but boy did we MSU the shit out of last weekend.

msstate7
05-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Makes that Mizzou series even more painful. We'd be playing for a shot at the outright SEC title today with a win and an Ark loss if we had taken care of business versus the last placed team. I know I need to get over it, but boy did we MSU the shit out of last weekend.

Well, we usually shit the bed in Omaha or SR, so hopefully that's out the way now

PMDawg
05-22-2021, 09:06 AM

And be honest, you weren't even surprised, right? I know I wasn't the only one who saw that crap coming. Lol

Cooterpoot
05-22-2021, 09:18 AM
This game today should get our guys ready for tournament play. I know some will disagree but I hope and I also think we will play to win the Sec Tournament. Some have said no to the tournament and get ready for Regional, well winning always is better than losing. I hate losing!!! Today should feel like a regional game, it means something!

We don't need to play to win the tourney. That's pointless and can mess up your pitching.

msstate7
05-22-2021, 09:20 AM
We don't need to play to win the tourney. That's pointless and can mess up your pitching.

I certainly don't wanna rush back guys to try and win it, but a win would be nice to lock up national seed

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 09:28 AM
And be honest, you weren't even surprised, right? I know I wasn't the only one who saw that crap coming. Lol

Haha nope!

CadaverDawg
05-22-2021, 09:29 AM
Well, we usually shit the bed in Omaha or SR, so hopefully that's out the way now

Very true

basedog
05-22-2021, 12:37 PM

Never even mentioned pitching, just stated I'd like to see us win the Sec tourney. If so our young player would get some experience going forward. Nothing would change our pitchers. Even you said we baby the pitchers. I guess I'd like to see Ole Canada and even Cade stepping up to provide another starter.

Maroonthirteen
05-22-2021, 02:02 PM
Tennessee wins 5-4. State gets the 4th seed regardless of today.

If Bama holds on to this lead and if we find ourselves in a tie with OM, we win the tie breaker over OM.