PDA

View Full Version : Question on Sims when he pitches

R2Dawg
05-21-2021, 08:49 PM
Sims does this shaking his glove sometimes before he delivers the pitch. I wonder what that means? I think it may mean he is in a groove or something. He usually doesn't do it right at the start.

Just something I've wondered about.

Lord McBuckethead
05-21-2021, 08:56 PM
And he rocks back and forth before the pitch. Everytime I feel like he is going to balk, but he freezes for a second every time.

Homedawg
05-21-2021, 09:01 PM
Sims does this shaking his glove sometimes before he delivers the pitch. I wonder what that means? I think it may mean he is in a groove or something. He usually doesn't do it right at the start.

He does it every pitch

R2Dawg
05-21-2021, 09:55 PM
He does it every pitch

Sorry but no he doesn't. I don't think I saw it even once last night in the 8th.

If I were other teams I study the film and figure out if it means anything. I think it means I am about to smoke you, like when MJ stuck his tongue out, something bad is about to happen to you.

BeardoMSU
05-21-2021, 10:09 PM
Sorry but no he doesn't. I don't think I saw it even once last night in the 8th.

If I were other teams I study the film and figure out if it means anything. I think it means I am about to smoke you, like when MJ stuck his tongue out, something bad is about to happen to you.

Pretty sure he does. I've noticed it too. It's probably just part of his rhythm.

Todd4State
05-21-2021, 10:46 PM
Probably just a habit.

R2Dawg
05-22-2021, 07:31 AM
OK, yall obviously are not watching that close which is fine. He doesn't do it every pitch. He does it a lot when he does it, but I've watched him pitch whole innings and not do it once.

Hambone
05-22-2021, 07:57 AM
Sometime he spits before each pitch. Don’t think he does it every time but he does do it some of the time

TaleofTwoDogs
05-22-2021, 12:58 PM

I noticed that also. I believe you are right in that it means he is in his groove. When I saw him in the 9th on Thursday and saw the shake I thought that the batter was toast. He was. Maybe we should coin a word

State82
05-22-2021, 01:05 PM
I noticed that also. I believe you are right in that it means he is in his groove. When I saw him in the 9th on Thursday and saw the shake I thought that the batter was toast. He was. Maybe we should coin a word

He is, in the words of Billy Chappel, clearing the mechanism.

R2Dawg
05-22-2021, 06:34 PM

Yeah I think it is pretty cool. Like MJ and the tongue. In some ways I would like to see Sims more but in a strange way we have a psychological advantage bringing him out in the 8th. Teams just know it is over. We do need to try and get him two spots a weekend.