PDA

View Full Version : So Game 3 pitching...

HoopsDawg
05-21-2021, 08:34 PM
we have Harding, Fristoe, Preston Johnson, Stinnett, Brandon Smith, and Tullar all available.

We have a likely SEC tournament game on Wednesday.

R2Dawg
05-21-2021, 08:45 PM
we have Harding, Fristoe, Preston Johnson, Stinnett, Brandon Smith, and Tullar all available.

We have a likely SEC tournament game on Wednesday.

We need to pitch our starters like a regular week and then pitch the bull pen and let happen what happens. Prep for Omaha run.

State82
05-21-2021, 09:01 PM
We need to pitch our starters like a regular week and then pitch the bull pen and let happen what happens. Prep for Omaha run.

I don't know about running Mac out there on Wednesday though. He would have had 5 days though. Just one less than normal.

Homedawg
05-21-2021, 09:07 PM
Mac on Thursday. Period.

Harrydawg
05-21-2021, 09:07 PM
But but but we are wasting Sims!!!!!! Pitch that bitch! We are MS State! Sorry

Dawgcap
05-21-2021, 09:14 PM
Sweep tomorrow with best available. Then we are set no matter what for 5-7 National Seed. Work a combination of pitching on Wednesday that includes Cerantola and who doesn’t pitch tomorrow. Give these other guys a pass /fail test first round of SEC tournament. Won’t affect National seed win or lose

MetEdDawg
05-21-2021, 09:19 PM
Staff will stay on the current day it's on and under no circumstances should we change it for a meaningless tournament in Hoover where we are already guaranteed at least 2 games.

I would assume Cerantola or Stone Simmons probably starts Wednesday and we've got Cade Smith, Tullar, Stinnett, etc available. Mac Thursday and we start trying to play legitimately to win games that day.

But there is absolutely no need to start our weekend starters on short rest. And I don't want to hear the we are in competition with Florida. They have an RPI of 20 before their game tonight. Ours is now up to 5.

basedog
05-21-2021, 09:30 PM
I think who starts Wednesday, Brandon Smith. Probably playing Florida who is a pretty hot team.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2021, 09:33 PM
Mac on Thursday. Period.

This. No need to change our rotation.

Cooterpoot
05-21-2021, 09:36 PM
I'd start Smith tomorrow.

HoopsDawg
05-21-2021, 09:50 PM
I think who starts Wednesday, Brandon Smith. Probably playing Florida who is a pretty hot team.

That's a good pick for Wednesday.

R2Dawg
05-21-2021, 09:56 PM
I don't know about running Mac out there on Wednesday though. He would have had 5 days though. Just one less than normal.

Yeah I mean keep them on basically the same schedule so Thursday would be just right.

Homedawg
05-21-2021, 10:03 PM
Staff will stay on the current day it's on and under no circumstances should we change it for a meaningless tournament in Hoover where we are already guaranteed at least 2 games.

I would assume Cerantola or Stone Simmons probably starts Wednesday and we've got Cade Smith, Tullar, Stinnett, etc available. Mac Thursday and we start trying to play legitimately to win games that day.

But there is absolutely no need to start our weekend starters on short rest. And I don't want to hear the we are in competition with Florida. They have an RPI of 20 before their game tonight. Ours is now up to 5.

Cerrantola over case would be interesting. Clearly they have more confidence in Cade at this point. But maybe so.

Todd4State
05-21-2021, 10:17 PM
I would start Koestler or Cade Smith.

BeardoMSU
05-21-2021, 10:21 PM
I would start Koestler or Cade Smith.
Is there an option to throw a smoke bomb out on the field and quietly sneak out the back and rest up for our regional.**

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-09-2016/0ZVJOI.gif

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Steve Robertson tweets it will be Fristoe today. Hopefully he can command the zone.

starkvegasdawg
05-22-2021, 10:16 AM
I'd start Cerantola in the SECT. Its a meaningless game against sec competition. See what he can do.

HoopsDawg
05-22-2021, 10:24 AM
I'd start Cerantola in the SECT. Its a meaningless game against sec competition. See what he can do.

He seems to be much more comfortable out of the pen. Hopefully we can win today without pitching Harding and we can pitch Harding on Wednesday.

R2Dawg
05-22-2021, 11:03 AM

I like Cerantola getting a lot of time in SECT and even today if we can. We may need him on the Omaha run.

BiscuitEater
05-22-2021, 11:06 AM
Probably playing Florida who is a pretty hot team.

Well, 'hot' if you mean they have lost their last 3 SEC games in a row to GA & Arkansas. And, Arkansas gets a shot at a sweep later today!

Saltydog
05-22-2021, 11:29 AM
Not sure about Smith today. I don't think we'd throw him but who knows.