PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele on the Herd

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Just heard Phil Steele discussing the Alabama/MSU game on the Herd, and Steele said he was blown away by what his computer was telling him. He said,"You would expect this game to be a blowout, but my computer is telling me different. Look for this game to be much closer than what people think."

stxdawg
11-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Just heard Phil Steele discussing the Alabama/MSU game on the Herd, and Steele said he was blown away by what his computer was telling him. He said,"You would expect this game to be a blowout, by my computer is telling me different. Look for this game to be much closer than what people think."

That guy is one of the smartest in the business. It would not surprise me to see a low scoring game with Bama pulling out the win in the 4th quarter. We just don't have the depth yet to stand toe to toe with them for 4 quarters. I'm glad this will be on national TV though. That will be 2 weeks in a row that Dak and our team are showcased in primetime to the college football world.

smootness
11-12-2013, 12:52 PM
That guy is one of the smartest in the business. It would not surprise me to see a low scoring game with Bama pulling out the win in the 4th quarter. We just don't have the depth yet to stand toe to toe with them for 4 quarters. I'm glad this will be on national TV though. That will be 2 weeks in a row that Dak and our team are showcased in primetime to the college football world.

I think Phil Steele is incredibly overrated. He bases everything on recruiting rankings and then does nothing but tout his own predictive successes to no end. His preseason manual is good because it has a lot of information, but people then try to use that to say that he's a genius at predicting, and he's no better than anybody else.

bully99
11-12-2013, 01:02 PM
My computer just told me I'm gonna hit the jackpot.

basedog
11-12-2013, 01:27 PM
I think the game will be more competitive than most also, that doesn't mean anything to most but it's not from my new maroon tinted glasses either. I'm not saying we will win but just imagine IF we did?

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I think it may be similar to 2011. They were also coming off the LSU game that year. We hung around with them most of the game - it was 10-0 after the 3rd, 17-7 in the 4th until Lacy broke a late TD run to wrap it up in the 4th. We even had a chance to tie in the 1st half when Cam Lawrence picked one off and took it back inside their 10. Ended up going backwards and missing a field goal I believe.

I just think our secondary will give up 1 or 2 big plays too many, so the outcome will probably never be in doubt.

The Croom Diaries
11-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I think Phil Steele is incredibly overrated. He bases everything on recruiting rankings and then does nothing but tout his own predictive successes to no end. His preseason manual is good because it has a lot of information, but people then try to use that to say that he's a genius at predicting, and he's no better than anybody else.

If you ever listen to him on XM 91 Friday mornings at 8/7 his mind is a computer. He knows everything about every team and watches every single college football game there is. I'm not disagreeing that he may be overrated, but there's more to him than relying on recruiting rankings.