PDA

View Full Version : Next year's starting basketball lineup...

KOdawg1
05-19-2021, 04:49 PM
PG- Shakeel Moore
SG- Iverson Molinar
SF- DJ Jeffries
PF- Garrison Brooks
C- Tolu Smith

With Rocket Watts logging major minutes and Cam Matthews, Derek Fountain, Cam Carter, Javian Davis, and Keyshawn Murphy as depth.

If that's not a tournament team with the potential to go deep, idk what is.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2021, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't necessarily pencil Moore or Rocket as the starter yet.

KOdawg1
05-19-2021, 05:19 PM
No, but Moore is closer to a pure point guard. They're both going to play starter's minutes though.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2021, 06:06 PM

I would write it in pencil but not pen. I'm not sure about Rocket as a PG.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2021, 06:12 PM
I would write it in pencil but not pen. I'm not sure about Rocket as a PG.

He played it this year but he was unhappy because they told him he wasn't going to be playing any point. We've been upfront from the beginning on his role.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2021, 06:30 PM
He played it this year but he was unhappy because they told him he wasn't going to be playing any point. We've been upfront from the beginning on his role.

so we've promised Moore and Watts they can be the PG?

NCMSTFAN
05-19-2021, 06:37 PM
Rocket Watts????? Did I miss something? He hasn't committed to us yet has he?

Ari Gold
05-19-2021, 06:38 PM
Watts and Moore > DJ

So everyone still want CBH gone now??.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-19-2021, 06:38 PM
so we've promised Moore and Watts they can be the PG?

May the best man win. Shakeel was cool coming in & coming off the bench when he thought DJ would be here. Now he has a shot to win the job but I do think he's going to have to clearly outplay Rocket but he'll get the chance.

Tripp McNeely
05-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Play them both at the same time...a lot!

NWADAWG
05-19-2021, 07:23 PM
PG- Shakeel Moore
SG- Iverson Molinar
SF- DJ Jeffries
PF- Garrison Brooks
C- Tolu Smith

With Rocket Watts logging major minutes and Cam Matthews, Derek Fountain, Cam Carter, Javian Davis, and Keyshawn Murphy as depth.

If that's not a tournament team with the potential to go deep, idk what is.

I would like to see us go press with:
Rocket
Shakeel
Molina
Jeffries
Brooks

When the other team rotates their starting PG out to get a rest. Throw this group out there and press for a couple minutes. They will either have to face it with their backup or put a tired starter back in quickly.

I know it's not sustainable but would be fun as heck to watch for a minute here or there if times right.

Edited to correct name spelling. Stupid autocorrect.

NCMSTFAN
05-19-2021, 09:30 PM
Well obviously you guys know something the rest of us don't about Watts.. If we do get Rocket, you will probably see Moore, Watts and Molinar on the court at the same time in certain matches. That's alot of fire power. What I like about Watts is he has played in some really big games and started them for Tom Izzo at Michigan state even when they were ranked #1... same goes for Garrison and Moore at NC State and UNC. We have some really good experienced guys coming

Cowbell
05-19-2021, 09:45 PM
Watts and Moore > DJ

I do. Wake me up when we actually perform to expectations. He hasn't done anything yet. But that's a different argument for another day.

Tripp McNeely
05-19-2021, 10:01 PM
I do. Wake me up when we actually perform to expectations. He hasn't done anything yet. But that's a different argument for another day.

You seem like a fun guy

Cowbell
05-19-2021, 10:24 PM
You seem like a fun guy
You can be realistic and still know how to party lol

Big4Dawg
05-19-2021, 10:49 PM

He's performed above expectations every year

BeardoMSU
05-19-2021, 11:24 PM

We're a historical juggernaut, don't you know?**

jdelta02
05-20-2021, 01:01 AM
Miss. State has had a Watts on the basketball team before. Some here remember Tony Watts? Really good player for Miss. State under Coach Richard Williams. Was really quick, and a knockdown shooter.

BiscuitEater
05-20-2021, 05:32 AM

I thought it was just the opposite. I thoughto that Mich State tried to make him into a PG and that's why he left via portal and they are still trying to get him back.

msstate7
05-20-2021, 06:10 AM

Not ED's expectations... you know we made a final 4 25 years ago, right?**

Ari Gold
05-20-2021, 06:53 AM
You seem like a fun guy

He just remembers the good ole days when we always made the big dance , and had runs in the sweet 16 and elite 8.
Remember those. ? Yeah I don’t either.

Ari Gold
05-20-2021, 07:06 AM

Before the season starts and when we see what everyone’s roster is like and the schedules come out.
I would like for you to give us your expectations for the year..

And according to the experts CBH has basically over achieved every year he has been here. I didn’t see anyone having us picked to finish any higher than we did last year.

But I do love it that you hold a very high standard to our MBk program, with its rich history.

Johnson85
05-20-2021, 10:00 AM

So we were upfront about promising him time (or a starting position?) at the point? Or we were upfront that he would be a combo guard and play some point but that it might not be his primary position?

Johnson85
05-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Watts and Moore > DJ

Are you sure? I know they're both young, but Stewart averaged 16 pts last year.

I think they both averaged under 8?

We certainly needed a point guard, but I'm not sure trading Stewart for Watts and Moore is a trade I would have made, especially just looking at this year.

I mean, the general point that Howland is doing a good/great job filling out the roster, or hell, remaking the roster, using the portal is still correct. Just think you're overselling Watts and Moore based on their production so far.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-20-2021, 10:13 AM
Watts and Moore > DJ

We'll see how the season goes first. The problem has never been lack of talent.

Ari Gold
05-20-2021, 10:19 AM
Are you sure? I know they're both young, but Stewart averaged 16 pts last year.

I think they both averaged under 8?

We certainly needed a point guard, but I'm not sure trading Stewart for Watts and Moore is a trade I would have made, especially just looking at this year.

I mean, the general point that Howland is doing a good/great job filling out the roster, or hell, remaking the roster, using the portal is still correct. Just think you're overselling Watts and Moore based on their production so far.

DJ will be missed for sure.
But with a true PG and another CG this team I think will be better. Was going to be really hard for all these guys we have to get enough touches with DJ .. now not so much. I still think Molinar is a better college player than DJ.. just my opinion
Yeah we will lose DJs ppg and these 2 guys combined may not combined equal what DJ averaged , but it gives the other big 4 more looks and gives us much needed depth at the guard position
Also one of the biggest issues we had last year was turnovers , which I think DJ lead the team in and that’s with him splitting time at the PG position..

If you had even told me 2 moths ago we could have both Brooks and Jefferies and keep DSmith
I would have taken that over DJ staying and us just getting one of those 2 transfers