PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a game tonight?

msstate7
05-18-2021, 02:52 PM
Not sure if I should drive up or not.

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2021, 03:37 PM
I hope so. Son is excited to go.

basedog
05-18-2021, 03:40 PM
Parker Stinnett on the bump tonight. Interesting.

msstate7
05-18-2021, 03:43 PM
I hope so. Son is excited to go.

Hell, you the one I was asking, weatherman lol

Saltydog
05-18-2021, 03:51 PM

Hmmm, that is interesting. I kinda thought we might see Cerantola start but I guess not?..

State82
05-18-2021, 04:01 PM
I was guessing Fristoe

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2021, 04:09 PM
Hell, you the one I was asking, weatherman lol

If this was game 3 of a crucial sec series I would be much more optimistic. The rain is currently being shunted off to our south but it's trying to move this way. If it does then it will be a wet night. What has surprised me are the tornado warnings I'm seeing south of Jackson.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2021, 04:09 PM

If Stinnett gets the job done, they may consider starting him in Game 1 of the SEC tournament. Another good start there could lead to him becoming our Game 3 starter in regionals, but that is jumping ahead.

msstate7
05-18-2021, 04:19 PM
I was guessing Fristoe

Maybe we should just rest him all together this week.

msstate7
05-18-2021, 04:20 PM
If this was game 3 of a crucial sec series I would be much more optimistic. The rain is currently being shunted off to our south but it's trying to move this way. If it does then it will be a wet night. What has surprised me are the tornado warnings I'm seeing south of Jackson.

Thanks

basedog
05-18-2021, 04:45 PM
If Stinnett gets the job done, they may consider starting him in Game 1 of the SEC tournament. Another good start there could lead to him becoming our Game 3 starter in regionals, but that is jumping ahead.

I like him as a potential starter, but he has been pretty good as a reliver. I also like Preston Johnson, if this two guys are on it's a huge asset cause both can pitch multiple innings.

AlSwearengen
05-18-2021, 05:02 PM
I know some here don’t think so but Fristoe is a little fatigued. When the radar gun reads 4 mph slower AND hitters are getting to the fastball up in the zone when they weren’t previously, something is up. I don’t think it is soreness b/c this staff has demonstrated they aren’t risking a pitcher’s health. Could be mechanics but it is more likely fatigue.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2021, 05:10 PM
I know some here don’t think so but Fristoe is a little fatigued. When the radar gun reads 4 mph slower AND hitters are getting to the fastball up in the zone when they weren’t previously, something is up. I don’t think it is soreness b/c this staff has demonstrated they aren’t risking a pitcher’s health. Could be mechanics but it is more likely fatigue.

could be fatigue. could be diet, improper rest, and/or not doing the things necessary between starts. That's usually a hard adjustment for freshman pitchers. Either way, his command wasn't as good so that's why he's getting a break. Maybe he can work out of the pen for the next couple of appearances and then we will see.

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2021, 06:18 PM
Light rain falling but nothing too bad yet. Tarp is off and teams are warming up.