PDA

View Full Version : Twitter says Ado?

SailingDawg
05-17-2021, 10:52 PM
transferring to Cincinnati. I thought his eligibility was up?

NCMSTFAN
05-17-2021, 11:04 PM
All players were allowed one more year of eligibility because of Covid. Most thought he would try to play professionally, including Howland, but he apparently changed his mind. As much as I loved Ado being at MSU, a 6th year would have been a long time... we also have Brooks too who scores and rebounds better so Ado would have probably been coming off the bench. I don't think it's a bitter situation on either side

BeardoMSU
05-17-2021, 11:37 PM
All players were allowed one more year of eligibility because of Covid. Most thought he would try to play professionally, including Howland, but he apparently changed his mind. As much as I loved Ado being at MSU, a 6th year would have been a long time... we also have Brooks too who scores and rebounds better so Ado would have probably been coming off the bench. I don't think it's a bitter situation on either side

Ado still would've started. His D these last 4 years was frequently, if not normally, unappreciated.

NCMSTFAN
05-18-2021, 07:20 AM
Ado still would've started. His D these last 4 years was frequently, if not normally, unappreciated.

You may be correct, and I will agree his defense is really great, especially at the rim and on ball screens. But trust and believe they didn't convince Brooks to come in to come off the bench and Tolu Smith averaged 12 ppg and 8.5 rebs. The 8.5 rebounds led the SEC, so how would you not start him? Either way good luck to Ado, I will still be a fan.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-18-2021, 07:22 AM
Ado still would've started.

He wasn't going to start.

RiverCityDawg
05-18-2021, 07:23 AM

Howland has said in interviews that Tolu is really a 5 and will be our starter there next year, this all before Ado made his decision whether to return or not. We couldn't start Brooks, Tolu and Ado. I'm sure Howland would have loved to have him come off the bench, but it's hard to blame Ado for not wanting to do that for his 6th year.

Ari Gold
05-18-2021, 07:51 AM
Good luck to him..
One of the more mature kids to come thru the program in a while. Handled himself like a pro for the 5 years here..

Coach34
05-18-2021, 08:03 AM
Yeah- it became clear there was no room for Ado when Howland started telling people we were going to run a 4 out/1 in offense this season before last year even ended. We knew we had Brooks and Jeffries coming in. They are coming to start and we weren’t moving Tolu to the bench.

basedog
05-18-2021, 08:09 AM
Good luck to him..
One of the more mature kids to come thru the program in a while. Handled himself like a pro for the 5 years here..

+1 He was unappreciated by many on ED. I for one wished he would have stayed but I understand. He got better each year, always hustled and played hard.

BiscuitEater
05-18-2021, 08:35 AM
He wasn't going to start.

So, you're saying he's going to start for Cincy?

No, I don't think so!

Ifyouonlyknew
05-18-2021, 08:40 AM
So, you're saying he's going to start for Cincy?

No, I don't think so!

I don't know what Cincy roster looks like. I know he wasn't starting at MSU. I would've loved to have a veteran big like Ado coming off the bench for us. Obviously he decided it was best to move on. I appreciate everything Ado did for us the last 5 years & sometimes it's just time for a change. I think that's how Ado felt.

AROB44
05-18-2021, 10:15 AM
Best of luck to Ado. Really a class person. I hope he has a great year at Cincinnati.

ZedFedder
05-18-2021, 10:28 AM
I simultaneously appreciate Ado for all his contributions but will not miss him, either. He was a very good (not great) defensive player, hard worker, and great team player who was severely limited on offense by his lack of hands and feet. I don't think it is a loss for us by what we have gained.