PDA

View Full Version : D1baseball Top 25

BeardoMSU
05-17-2021, 08:43 AM
We dropped to #10. Thin ice.

OM up to 13.

SaintDawg
05-17-2021, 08:52 AM
yeah. i commented in another thread that a series loss to mizzou would cost us a top 8 seed and possibly a hosting spot. i was told i was wrong. we have to sweep bama and go deep into hoover. a series win this weekend aint enough now.

BrunswickDawg
05-17-2021, 08:53 AM
Baseball America has us at #6
College Baseball Nation only dropped us to #4

Still in it, but have work to do this weekend.

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2021, 09:04 AM
We probably have to win a couple in Hoover now to get a national seed and a sweep this weekend is a must. If we lose the series this weekend then hosting altogether is on extremely thin ice.

BeardoMSU
05-17-2021, 09:08 AM
We probably have to win a couple in Hoover now to get a national seed and a sweep this weekend is a must. If we lose the series this weekend then hosting altogether is on extremely thin ice.

I just can't believe we did this to ourselves, lol. We had a NS all but locked up...all we had to do was NOT shit the bed.

But here we are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHmV9HkJCBQ&ab_channel=KuoteHub

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2021, 09:33 AM
I just can't believe we did this to ourselves, lol. We had a NS all but locked up...all we had to do was NOT shit the bed.

But here we are...

You're spot on with that statement. WE DID THIS TO OURSELVES. We came out flat the entire weekend and honestly were lucky to get one. That's the worst I've seen us play in a weekend series in quite some time. It's a short week with a midweek game so we need to flush it and get ready to sweep.

BeardoMSU
05-17-2021, 09:45 AM
You're spot on with that statement. WE DID THIS TO OURSELVES. We came out flat the entire weekend and honestly were lucky to get one. That's the worst I've seen us play in a weekend series in quite some time. It's a short week with a midweek game so we need to flush it and get ready to sweep.

Yeah, hopefully. It definitely feels weird....this weekend was just so unlike us. I know "that's baseball" happens from time to time, but still. All season we've masked many of our deficiencies by playing with grit and fighting until the last out. Not this weekend, though. Really the only major hiccup this season was the Arkansas sweep, but that's not even held against us because they're the #1 team in the country, and most importantly, we rebounded exceptionally well from that weekend. Lets hope we do the same here.

William Tecumsah Sherman
05-17-2021, 09:45 AM
I?ll take 2 of 3 this weekend. Bama is no slouch of a team. Obviously everybody we play from here on is better than Mizzou on paper. Anything can happen

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2021, 10:01 AM
Yeah, hopefully. It definitely feels weird....this weekend was just so unlike us. I know "that's baseball" happens from time to time, but still. All season we've masked many of our deficiencies by playing with grit and fighting until the last out. Not this weekend, though. Really the only major hiccup this season was the Arkansas sweep, but that's not even held against us because they're the #1 team in the country, and most importantly, we rebounded exceptionally well from that weekend. Lets hope we do the same here.

Correct. It was the way we played. We got up in both games 1 and 2 and it just seemed like we put it on autopilot once we did and could never turn it back on. The main worry right now is 3-9 in the lineup and consistently being able to get something outside of Rowdey and Tanner and our starting pitching. We can't have CMac only giving us 3 innings and then Bednar struggling to give you 5

maroonmania
05-17-2021, 12:16 PM

But here we are...

Guess I have been a MState fan too long. I can fully believe it. We never seem to want to make things easy on ourselves.

DownwardDawg
05-17-2021, 12:34 PM
Guess I have been a MState fan too long. I can fully believe it. We never seem to want to make things easy on ourselves.

I fully expected it. The only other thing that I expected that didn't happen would have been Arkansas dropping series to Tennessee.

R2Dawg
05-17-2021, 08:53 PM
These baseball polls are BS. I don't follow them. It took OM losing 4 straight weekends to drop what we drop in one. Where did Vandy drop to? We should have dropped to around 4-5.

smootness
05-18-2021, 11:35 AM
yeah. i commented in another thread that a series loss to mizzou would cost us a top 8 seed and possibly a hosting spot. i was told i was wrong. we have to sweep bama and go deep into hoover. a series win this weekend aint enough now.

The d1baseball poll doesn't determine seeding. We have work to do, but if we sweep Bama, we're a no doubt national seed. If we just win it, the overwhelming likelihood is that we're a national seed regardless of what happens in Hoover.