The Federalist Engineer
05-14-2021, 06:42 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/2D_sports/status/1393012771047018510

10 Innings and 125 pitches, Louisiana baseball

But

It is our Signee, damn

Rex54
05-14-2021, 07:01 AM
125 is a little high but only 12 pitches per inning... Its not near as bad on his arm as 85 pitches over 4 innings would be.

Really Clark?
05-14-2021, 07:14 AM
He will be off for 3 or 4 days now though with pitch rules in LA. Those are low pitches per inning so that is not bad but the stress of an extra inning game does factor in some. I think where we should be concerned is not a one game highs it’s coaches, HS and travel, pitching guys 100 plus every time, through arm and shoulder soreness, etc.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2021, 04:30 PM
When did so many people become pitching pussies? The kid is pitching for a state championship. That's not out of the norm and it should always be the kid's choice. Not everyone babies the piss out of their pitchers like we do.
Our rally cry is: But we save your arm and we have better attendance than you.
If we get to the championship game and Sims wants to go 4 after throwing 2 a couple days before, let him.

Maroonthirteen
05-14-2021, 08:02 PM
I don't know what the format is in LA but if it is similar to MS..... potential of 3 games in 2 consecutive days. Then the coach has to extend the starting pitching as much as possible to not run out of arms by game 3.

Commercecomet24
05-14-2021, 11:33 PM
When did so many people become pitching pussies? The kid is pitching for a state championship. That's not out of the norm and it should always be the kid's choice. Not everyone babies the piss out of their pitchers like we do.
Our rally cry is: But we save your arm and we have better attendance than you.
If we get to the championship game and Sims wants to go 4 after throwing 2 a couple days before, let him.

I agree with this. This used to be commonplace and there weren't that many arm problems in fact probably
less arm problems. Heck it was routine for an ace to pitch 3 games in a 7 game World Series. Whitey Herzog said it's the reason we have so many puss arms now.

ETA I don't mean you can throw guys like that all season but yeah we baby arms to much now.

basedog
05-15-2021, 05:45 AM
I agree with this. This used to be commonplace and there weren't that many arm problems in fact probably
less arm problems. Heck it was routine for an ace to pitch 3 games in a 7 game World Series. Whitey Herzog said it's the reason we have so many puss arms now.

ETA I don't mean you can throw guys like that all season but yeah we baby arms to much now.

Plus velocity with pitchers now days seem to effect arms, everyone wants to throw mid 90's. I do think young players play way too much baseball in their youth. Damn Greg Maddox and Whitey Ford are dinosaurs now days. Neither messed around trying to throw to hard, here it is try and hit it.

Coach34
05-15-2021, 06:24 AM
I don't know what the format is in LA but if it is similar to MS..... potential of 3 games in 2 consecutive days. Then the coach has to extend the starting pitching as much as possible to not run out of arms by game 3.

Louisiana goes NCAA Tourney style- survive and advance. 1 game elimination with games every 4-5 days. When we got beat for the title years ago- the opposing team threw their pitcher 144 pitches. He was drafted in the supplemental round that June

Really Clark?
05-15-2021, 07:32 AM
Louisiana goes NCAA Tourney style- survive and advance. 1 game elimination with games every 4-5 days. When we got beat for the title years ago- the opposing team threw their pitcher 144 pitches. He was drafted in the supplemental round that June

Well the format is different than that. The first round is 1 game elimination, then the second and third rounds it’s best 2 out of 3 and those best of 3 series are played on back to back days so no rest at all. Then the semifinals is 1 game elimination again and same with the Championship game.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-15-2021, 08:53 AM
125 is the pitch limit in a game in Misshsaa this year if I?m not mistaken

Coach34
05-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Well the format is different than that. The first round is 1 game elimination, then the second and third rounds it’s best 2 out of 3 and those best of 3 series are played on back to back days so no rest at all. Then the semifinals is 1 game elimination again and same with the Championship game.

Interesting. Glad to see them make some changes but still hate the 1 and done's. Makes it about the best pitcher- not team

Commercecomet24
05-15-2021, 04:09 PM
Plus velocity with pitchers now days seem to effect arms, everyone wants to throw mid 90's. I do think young players play way too much baseball in their youth. Damn Greg Maddox and Whitey Ford are dinosaurs now days. Neither messed around trying to throw to hard, here it is try and hit it.

Yeah command and changing speeds is just not taught anymore at the younger levels it's all about velo. Teach kids to command their fastball and work all quadrants when they start pitching. It requires time and effort and most coaches and kids don't have the patience but if you stick with it they'll be so much more polished when they hit high school and college. And kids on average do play to much baseball, gotta take a break and do other things too.