PDA

View Full Version : Germantown Maverick Kicker Reed James

Maroon Blood
11-12-2013, 10:18 AM
We need to offer this young man TODAY! At the least, our staff needs to take a close look at him. I am the color analyst for the Germantown Internet football broadcast and have watched Reed for two years. I could give countless examples of why we need this young man, but I will use only one. With 17 seconds left Friday night against Ridgeland HS, the Mavs were down by 3 and had to win to make the playoffs. Reed trotted on the field to attempt a 51 yard field goal. If he misses the season is done. He nailed it with room to spare. On the ensuing kickoff, he boomed it out of the back of the endzone. (Note: Ridgeland won in OT.) It's rare to see what he did in the NFL, muchless high school. He's the real deal. Bottom line: Reed could start for us THIS WEEKEND! If you would like to watch the kick, see the link provided below.

http://www.wapt.com/news/sports/blitz-16/sonic-game-of-the-week-week-12/-/16199714/22887186/-/jj5rgj/-/index.html

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
We need to offer this young man TODAY! At the least, our staff needs to take a close look at him. I am the color analyst for the Germantown Internet football broadcast and have watched Reed for two years. I could give countless examples of why we need this young man, but I will use only one. With 17 seconds left Friday night against Ridgeland HS, the Mavs were down by 3 and had to win to make the playoffs. Reed trotted on the field to attempt a 51 yard field goal. If he misses the season is done. He nailed it with room to spare. On the ensuing kickoff, he boomed it out of the back of the endzone. (Note: Ridgeland won in OT.) It's rare to see what he did in the NFL, muchless high school. He's the real deal. Bottom line: Reed could start for us THIS WEEKEND! If you would like to watch the kick, see the link provided below.

http://www.wapt.com/news/sports/blitz-16/sonic-game-of-the-week-week-12/-/16199714/22887186/-/jj5rgj/-/index.html

I heard you on Bo Bounds. I would love to get him to walk on, but it's tough to have multiple kickers on scholarship at the same time. We already have Bell and the kid from Columbia on committed.

Although, one could make a strong argument, that with our kicking struggles, 1 good kicker is certainly worth a filler at another position.

maroonmania
11-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I heard you on Bo Bounds. I would love to get him to walk on, but it's tough to have multiple kickers on scholarship at the same time. We already have Bell and the kid from Columbia on committed.

Although, one could make a strong argument, that with our kicking struggles, 1 good kicker is certainly worth a filler at another position.

^^This^^ Two kickers on scholarship is about as much as you can do in that area. Right now we have Bell and Swedenburg and are bringing the freshman next year (Cooke?). We already have Sobiesk as a walk on now.

FISHDAWG
11-12-2013, 10:31 AM

we have already offered a kicker and I don't think he has yet accepted ... we could withdraw his offer and give it to this guy ...... I don't care who it is as long as we SIGN A COMPETENT KICKER - hey Dan if you're reading - this is what we all want for Christmas

Bo Darville
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM

I have seen him kick and he is impressive. However, we must all remember that kicker is a tough position to evaluate because high school uses a tee and college kicks off the ground. He does seem to have the correct demeanor for a kicker and certainly has a strong leg. I hope our staff evaluates him. I trust Maroon Blood's evaluation because of Maroon Blood's great intelligence and scouting ability. The Washington Redskins still suck however.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Yeah...but does he boom them during practice?

ckDOG
11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Seems like every kicker we get does well in high school and never succeeds at MSU. Sigh.

That said, I'm sure this kid deserves a solid D1 spot.