PDA

View Full Version : OM baseball

TNDawg35
05-11-2021, 12:25 AM
So I did some digging tonight (I?m bored at work). I don?t understand how Ole Miss keeps getting ranked like they do. D1 had them at #12 last wk and dropped to 18 this week and even still said something about them hosting and being the #9 seed last week. So I dug into their schedule a little bit.

Seems like they are being held up by wins against TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech. That is literally the only quality wins they have. That?s it. They have won 3 SEC series all year against Bama, Auburn, and USC. So what gives?

They have Nickhazy (sp) and that?s pretty much it. Hugland is done. They have pitched the crap out of Broadway, and Diamond has been tore up.

Series losses to: State, LSU, Ark, Florida, A&M, UCF, and a midweek to La Tech
Wins against: Auburn, Bama, and USC along with the Texas teams early.

The teams they have beat have a combined SEC win/loss of 29-42.

I have never seen a team get so much steam and not really have anything to show. Kinda reminds you of how they treat LSU, but LSU wins SEC series and looses midweek games most years.

OLJWales
05-11-2021, 02:03 AM
There efforts to be like us are futile and funny.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2021, 06:48 AM
Kendall is a big Bianco guy. And he loves getting State riled up. Just like him having Texas above us by one spot most of the season, when we had very similar records but we had a head to head win over their Ace. Made no sense, but rarely does it with them. If you ever see a D1 Ranking without LSU or Ole Miss in it, they are just plain awful

No BS Dawg
05-11-2021, 06:54 AM
Hoglund is done? Did I miss that? Huge blow to them if that is true.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2021, 06:56 AM
Hoglund is done? Did I miss that? Huge blow to them if that is true.

Not officially, unless I missed it

Hambone
05-11-2021, 07:08 AM
I think because of the wording they used. They said he’s experiencing “arm stiffness” and not “arm soreness”

For comparison, JT Ginn had arm stiffness when he was here.

PGHBulldogBG
05-11-2021, 07:32 AM
The wins over the Texas teams are the reason they are in line to host. I kind of get it because if you can have a winning SEC record and 3 wins over top 10 non conference you should at least be in the conversation. I still think they probably get swept by Vandy though. I?m not sure who their other series is against but since they have played most of the top teams il guessing they end 16-14

KOdawg1
05-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Rumors coming out from the OM writers are that the MRI yesterday wasn't good. He's likely done for the year.

KB21
05-11-2021, 11:06 AM
Rumors coming out from the OM writers are that the MRI yesterday wasn't good. He's likely done for the year.

Yeah. This year and part of next year.

KOdawg1
05-11-2021, 11:12 AM
Yeah. This year and part of next year.

Well he'll still get drafted this year, so his days at OM are over

StarkVegasSteve
05-11-2021, 11:52 AM
So I did some digging tonight (I?m bored at work). I don?t understand how Ole Miss keeps getting ranked like they do. D1 had them at #12 last wk and dropped to 18 this week and even still said something about them hosting and being the #9 seed last week. So I dug into their schedule a little bit.

Seems like they are being held up by wins against TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech. That is literally the only quality wins they have. That?s it. They have won 3 SEC series all year against Bama, Auburn, and USC. So what gives?

They have Nickhazy (sp) and that?s pretty much it. Hugland is done. They have pitched the crap out of Broadway, and Diamond has been tore up.

Series losses to: State, LSU, Ark, Florida, A&M, UCF, and a midweek to La Tech
Wins against: Auburn, Bama, and USC along with the Texas teams early.

The teams they have beat have a combined SEC win/loss of 29-42.

I have never seen a team get so much steam and not really have anything to show. Kinda reminds you of how they treat LSU, but LSU wins SEC series and looses midweek games most years.

Pollsters don't ever like to admit they were wrong about a team. It happens every year. They keep a team ranked that has no business being ranked just so they don't have to admit they were wrong and overinflated non conference play. It happened with Florida two years ago and LSU this year until they finally had to drop them out, although I know that killed them inside.

preachermatt83
05-11-2021, 03:29 PM
I actually really like D1 baseball.

BeardoMSU
05-11-2021, 03:40 PM
I actually really like D1 baseball.

I do too. Kendall has a good sense of humor on Twitter, and they by far have the best college baseball content out there. That's all they do, so they pretty much own that territory.

preachermatt83
05-11-2021, 03:49 PM
I do too. Kendall has a good sense of humor on Twitter, and they by far have the best college baseball content out there. That's all they do, so they pretty much own that territory.

Yup. And Aaron Fitt is extremely entertaining as well.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2021, 08:24 PM
I like them too, but it doesn't change the fact that Kendall loves Bianco

Schultzy
05-11-2021, 08:43 PM
Don’t you know? They hit better than the ‘27 Yankees and the Big Red Machine combined.

Ari Gold
05-11-2021, 08:43 PM
They are staring 3-7 in conference series in the face..
wonder how Yancy is going to sugar coat that..

BeardoMSU
05-11-2021, 08:44 PM
I like them too, but it doesn't change the fact that Kendall loves Bianco

I like him too, especially his affinity for choking in the postseason, lol.**

Todd4State
05-11-2021, 11:40 PM
They are selling subscriptions. They are going to pander to the big four SEC fanbases- MSU, LSU, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. And they do talk very well about MSU a lot too. When they talk up Ole Miss it gets Ole Miss fans excited and it gets MSU fans riled up. So it's good for them.