PDA

View Full Version : Fristoe not starting this weekend?

AlSwearengen
05-10-2021, 11:27 PM
Apparently Lemonis said somewhere that someone would be starting in place of Fristoe. I?m assuming that he is going to be rested. If so, I think this is a good move and hopefully he comes back fresh. It has been obvious that his velocity has been down the last two or three weeks and he has hit the freshman wall.

TNDawg35
05-10-2021, 11:57 PM
Freshman wall I’m sure. Lemonis said Sat starter (usually Sun) would be TBD....

I have no prob with Lemonis resting out pitchers. Pitching didn’t loose the hame Sunday. Leaving 127 people on base did... It shouldn’t have even been close going to the Bot 9.

OLJWales
05-11-2021, 02:26 AM
Lemonis and Company are steaming ahead, full speed.

MetEdDawg
05-11-2021, 05:10 AM
Should be Harding in my opinion. He's been better than Fristoe the last 3 weeks.

Fristoe long term has better stuff but right now Harding is more effective. He deserves to get the start this week.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2021, 06:44 AM
I love it. Give him a "rest" while getting to see how a guy like Harding responds in the weekend rotation. Win/Win

Hot Rock
05-11-2021, 08:10 AM
Freshman wall I’m sure. Lemonis said Sat starter (usually Sun) would be TBD....

I have no prob with Lemonis resting out pitchers. Pitching didn’t loose the hame Sunday. Leaving 127 people on base did... It shouldn’t have even been close going to the Bot 9.

There was a lot that went into that loss Sunday, so there is plenty of blame to go around. Leaving 4,000 on base was a big part but the errors on Saturday to give extra outs that forced Sims into that game also may have changed things on Sunday as well. Then the pitching we had out there still could have shut them down Sunday. I can't blame just one thing, teams win and lose.

Ari Gold
05-11-2021, 08:31 AM
There was a lot that went into that loss Sunday, so there is plenty of blame to go around. Leaving 4,000 on base was a big part but the errors on Saturday to give extra outs that forced Sims into that game also may have changed things on Sunday as well. Then the pitching we had out there still could have shut them down Sunday. I can't blame just one thing, teams win and lose.

Sunday’s game was lost on Sat starting In the 6th inning..

HoopsDawg
05-11-2021, 09:15 AM
I like Fristoe. But Harding should have been giving the chance on Sunday a long time ago. Glad to see us give him the chance before postseason play starts.

ZedFedder
05-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Fristoe is going to be really good, but it’s time to switch it up.

Hot Rock
05-11-2021, 09:51 AM
Sunday’s game was lost on Sat starting In the 6th inning..

And lost several more times by various stranding runners and again with pitching not holding the lead late. Like I said, lots of blame to go around.

parabrave
05-11-2021, 11:51 AM
I love it. Give him a "rest" while getting to see how a guy like Harding responds in the weekend rotation. Win/Win

This. Let Fristoe reset.

Cooterpoot
05-11-2021, 12:34 PM
Fristoe is headed to the pen.

AlSwearengen
05-11-2021, 05:13 PM
When Fristoe was effective early on, the gun was reading 94/95. The last couple of weeks, 91. You have to assume those numbers are correct b/c his effectiveness, or lack thereof, correlates with the drop in velocity. I hope they give him a week or so off so he is full bore for the post season.

Coach34
05-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Fristoe hasnt hit a wall. Fristoe isnt pounding the zone. Too many leadoff walks and inconsistency. He needs to hit the pen and let someone else get a turn. I hate Cade didnt get his start today- need him ready for the SEC Tourney and beyond.

AlSwearengen
05-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Fristoe hasnt hit a wall. Fristoe isnt pounding the zone. Too many leadoff walks and inconsistency. He needs to hit the pen and let someone else get a turn. I hate Cade didnt get his start today- need him ready for the SEC Tourney and beyond.

Reason for loss of velocity?

R2Dawg
05-11-2021, 07:31 PM

Agree, he lost control and the walks really hurt him. Pen will do him some good, get his focus back. Starting as a freshman is tough in SEC.

Coach34
05-11-2021, 08:07 PM
Reason for loss of velocity?

He hasnt had any big dip but things like that can be explained with the differences in radar guns used at home vs the road. He's thrown 44.2 innings- I'm willing to bet he threw that many innings and more in HS and summer ball

1st 24.2 IP's- 10 BB's (thats thru UPig)
Last 20 IP's- 21 BB's