PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Mens Tennis in Sweet 16

R2Dawg
05-10-2021, 12:41 PM
Mens Tennis continues to perform beating a top 10 UCF in 2nd round. We have a very good program.

OLJWales
05-10-2021, 02:00 PM
wasn't it the 2018 team that made that deep run? I remember the A&M dude destroying his racket after double faulting on the final point of the conference championship. Sorry if I'm missing something, just going on memory.

ZedFedder
05-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Our tennis program is super solid.

OLJWales
05-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Our tennis program is super solid.

based on what I've seen and read, we've got a kick ass tennis coach.

SailingDawg
05-10-2021, 07:34 PM
How many foreign students do we have? I know that's brought in some good players for men's and women's over the years.

R2Dawg
05-10-2021, 07:53 PM
wasn't it the 2018 team that made that deep run? I remember the A&M dude destroying his racket after double faulting on the final point of the conference championship. Sorry if I'm missing something, just going on memory.

That was the SEC tourney title match, last match and TAMU I think he double faulted for the loss. I may have the point wrong but it was the final match for the championship we won. Men went to three straight SECT finals, made semis this year lost to #1 UF in a tight one.

This team is good.

Two years ago Borges lost in singles NC match to USC guy he killed twice that year. The MSU jinx lives on.

OLJWales
05-10-2021, 08:06 PM
We are blessed with a damn good coach. Hope he doesn't end up at FL or A&M....sorry, had to say it, still gut punched from Women's Hoops

R2Dawg
05-10-2021, 08:10 PM
We are blessed with a damn good coach. Hope he doesn't end up at FL or A&M....sorry, had to say it, still gut punched from Women's Hoops

Hopefully we are stable; we just built the new indoor tennis complex. I think we didn't think big enough on the tennis complex though; it should have been 6 courts for indoor matches.

OLJWales
05-10-2021, 08:24 PM
Hopefully we are stable; we just built the new indoor tennis complex. I think we didn't think big enough on the tennis complex though; it should have been 6 courts for indoor matches.

I believe NCAA Tennis could get more play with better marketing; untapped

MedDawg
05-11-2021, 10:10 AM

Either 2018 or 2019 we were ranked in the Top 5 going into the regionals, maybe even better than that. In 2018 we lost in the Elite Eight, in 2019 we lost in the round of 16. We did beat A&M in the tourney for the SEC Championship one of those years. I think Borges made it to the national finals and lost one of those years.

R2Dawg
05-11-2021, 07:45 PM
Either 2018 or 2019 we were ranked in the Top 5 going into the regionals, maybe even better than that. In 2018 we lost in the Elite Eight, in 2019 we lost in the round of 16. We did beat A&M in the tourney for the SEC Championship one of those years. I think Borges made it to the national finals and lost one of those years.

Yeah Borges was #1 in country much of that year and lost in singles NC finals to USC kid he beat twice earlier that year handily. Tough, tough break for him. We played in 3 straight SECT championship matches, won two