PDA

View Full Version : Bama Game Day Weather

CJDAWG85
11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Looking like rain Friday and Saturday. Is this an advantage? I realize it's Bama, but our rushing attack is a little more complex than theirs. Ref can you give a more accurate weather prediction?

TheRef
11-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Looks like the whole weekend will be fairly wet. Since I'm having to only go off the GFS for such a long range forecast (NAM doesn't model that far out, ECMWF is expensive to buy access to), I agree with your assessment. It may be a sloppy game on Saturday. Something to keep our eyes on as far as what we're going to have to gameplan for. I could very easily see it raining during the game so that might play a fairly large factor on this. Mid-60s for the temp.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Looking like rain Friday and Saturday. Is this an advantage? I realize it's Bama, but our rushing attack is a little more complex than theirs. Ref can you give a more accurate weather prediction?

Inclement weather is ALWAYS to the advantage of the underdog because it brings more variables into the equation of who win and who loses. Is Bama more likely to fumble and throw INTs in the rain or on a dry night?

If you believe the answer to this question is yes, then rain helps us.

Harrydawg
11-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Wanted to keep this thread on the front page.....looks like we may get lucky Saturday and stay dry.

What say you Ref

HancockCountyDog
11-13-2013, 09:31 AM
My concern is that our fan base stays home. I'll be there, but Im worried that a lot of our fans will be selling their tickets.

EngineerDawg
11-13-2013, 09:36 AM
My concern is that our fan base stays home. I'll be there, but Im worried that a lot of our fans will be selling their tickets.

I know a number of people doing this unfortunately, but I will be there as well.

CJDAWG85
11-13-2013, 09:37 AM
I'll be there... Very intoxicated

Barking 13
11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
From NOAA:

Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South southeast wind around 10 mph.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I know a number of people doing this unfortunately, but I will be there as well.

We simply can't build a good program with fans doing this. I think Davis Wade will be rocking.

bluelightstar
11-13-2013, 10:08 AM
We simply can't build a good program with fans doing this. I think Davis Wade will be rocking.

It will certainly be better attended than the Kentucky game, but I think "rocking" is a stretch.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2013, 10:14 AM
It will certainly be better attended than the Kentucky game, but I think "rocking" is a stretch.

Not a stretch at all, it will be rocking, and if we score a TD first, it will be really rocking.

bluelightstar
11-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Not a stretch at all, it will be rocking, and if we score a TD first, it will be really rocking.

I just don't think it will be rocking. I've seen so many student tickets for sale, or people looking for tickets for their Bama friends who want to come.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I just don't think it will be rocking. I've seen so many student tickets for sale, or people looking for tickets for their Bama friends who want to come.

We just can't build a program with this type of fan and student support. It's sad

TheRef
11-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Wanted to keep this thread on the front page.....looks like we may get lucky Saturday and stay dry.

What say you Ref

The GFS and the NAM seem to want to keep it dry at game time. It's all going to depend on the moisture and the amount of stability over us by that time. I don't have much confidence in all with the models with them changing constantly. The gametime just got within the range for the NAM to start working on it so I won't trust it for another data.

slickdawg
11-13-2013, 10:27 AM
11/12 00Z ECMWF looks like a slight chance of rain. 11/13 12Z is running right now, hasn't gotten out to Saturday right now.

slickdawg
11-13-2013, 10:35 AM
GFS looks dry

TheRef
11-13-2013, 10:37 AM
What are you using to look at the Euro?

deltadawg99
11-13-2013, 10:42 AM
The rain would help with the game, but I'm afraid it would hurt the attendance. I'll be there and will be staying the whole time.

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2013, 10:42 AM
You are correct but if you have been around a while........worrying about State fans showing up is pointless.

I remember back in the 80s, when the game returned Starkville, highway 82 at Clayton Village would be backed up for literally miles with Alabama fans driving to the game. A good number of which were from Columbus. I remember in 1996, there were empty seats everywhere in the stadium (including section D) but the upper deck and end sections were packed with Alabama fans. We miraculously won that game.

Based on the history of the football attendance, having a string of multiple sell outs was a monumental acomplishment. Throw the fans a damn bone and win 2 of the next 3 or even 3 of 3 and we will pack the stadium again.

bully99
11-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Ref, with you being a weather student, don't you have access to all the weather data. Just curious.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Ref, with you being a weather student, don't you have access to all the weather data. Just curious.

ECMWF model is one that you have to pay for.....like $250.....so being a college student, I can't afford that s***

bully99
11-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I understand you not paying for it but doesn't the meteorology department pay for that stuff.

TheRef
11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I understand you not paying for it but doesn't the meteorology department pay for that stuff.

Nope...we don't have access to models through the University. We aren't very well compensated by the University. Though there are rumors that we are getting a major upgrade in the BMP program but still. It's hard for the University to gain access to models like PSU and OU since we are one of the younger programs.

slickdawg
11-13-2013, 03:56 PM
www.eurowx.com - its like $8 a month.