PDA

View Full Version : We just picked up Jamire Calvin from Transfer Portal...

CadaverDawg
05-08-2021, 10:35 PM
Anybody know what kind of player he is? WR from WSU. Had offers out of High School from Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon State, Arizona, and Wazzu. Was a 4 star on 247, 3 star composite. But I have no idea what he did or how good he was at WSU. Would be interested to know how many years of eligibility he has left

KOdawg1
05-08-2021, 10:38 PM
2 years of eligibility left I believe

MaroonFlounder
05-08-2021, 10:42 PM
Makai Polk also has 2 yrs elig.

Hambone
05-08-2021, 10:56 PM
And now you’re understanding why some WR players are no longer on the team.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2021, 11:05 PM

Yep. This ain't leach first rodeo. He knows who he wants.

BeardoMSU
05-08-2021, 11:11 PM

Aye.

Dawgcap
05-08-2021, 11:19 PM
Time to roll!

Cowbell
05-08-2021, 11:21 PM
Yep. This ain't leach first rodeo. He knows who he wants.

And it says a lot when we take a guy that leach has already coached.

Todd4State
05-08-2021, 11:24 PM
This is a good pick up for us because he is a true slot receiver that can help us by getting YAC in space. Translation- when teams are in zone and only rushing three.

Knox and Harvey are also true slot guys but they're freshmen so this fills a need.

Dawgcap
05-08-2021, 11:29 PM
He definitely knows the offense. Love that. Bring in a guy you have already coached.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2021, 11:58 PM
And it says a lot when we take a guy that leach has already coached.

Exactly.

KOdawg1
05-09-2021, 12:08 AM
Outside: Malik Heath...Tulu Griffin

Slot: Jaden Walley...Austin Williams

Slot: Jamire Calvin...Rufus Harvey...Teddy Knox

Outside: Makai Polk...Caleb Ducking

That's starting to look like a solid group. Need another outside receiver to step up to provide some more depth. I could see a guy like Jacobi Moore coming in and making an immediate impact.

Todd4State
05-09-2021, 12:45 AM

That's starting to look like a solid group. Need another outside receiver to step up to provide some more depth. I could see a guy like Jacobi Moore coming in and making an immediate impact.

Leach likes to rotate about 8 receivers through. That's something we're going to have to get used to as fans. I don't think we're quite there yet- I have questions about Ducking and Harvey right now. I think they'll be fine long term but for 2021 I think they're question marks until they show me that they have what it takes. Knox and Moore are talented- but they're also this years version of Walley and Tulu. We don't know when the light will come on for them in 2021.

R2Dawg
05-09-2021, 07:33 AM

Maybe but only a couple on that list have done anything yet. Not saying it may not be a great group, lets just say I'm from Missouri. I've seen this preseason show before. When I see results, I'll get excited. Like someone else said - a nothing burger right now. Prediction right now half those guys crash and burn.

99jc
05-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Maybe but only a couple on that list have done anything yet. Not saying it may not be a great group, lets just say I'm from Missouri. I've seen this preseason show before. When I see results, I'll get excited. Like someone else said - a nothing burger right now. Prediction right now half those guys crash and burn.

Party pooper alert!

R2Dawg
05-09-2021, 12:11 PM
Party pooper alert!

Just keeping it real. Sorry back to the, we are the greatest thread.

Where were you on the thread about the spring game? The board is hypocritical. One minute a guy does something on the field and it don't count, next minute we have a bunch of on paper talent.

Folks can't have it both ways.

maroonmania
05-09-2021, 07:24 PM
Makai Polk also has 2 yrs elig.

My understanding is that you can't transfer into an SEC school unless you have AT LEAST 2 years of eligibility left.