PDA

View Full Version : D1 Baseball Rankings

CadaverDawg
05-03-2021, 07:55 AM
I don't typically care about rankings, but how does Vandy lose 2 of 3 and not move from #2? Based on that, we should stay at #4 even if we lose 2 of 3 this weekend like Vandy did, but for some reason I don't expect us to get that same treatment. Hopefully we win the series and leave no doubt

basedog
05-03-2021, 08:08 AM
I think we will win the series with Sc, I don't think it will be a sweep either way.

maroonmania
05-03-2021, 06:48 PM
I don't typically care about rankings, but how does Vandy lose 2 of 3 and not move from #2? Based on that, we should stay at #4 even if we lose 2 of 3 this weekend like Vandy did, but for some reason I don't expect us to get that same treatment. Hopefully we win the series and leave no doubt

I know they have not played like it for much of the year, but I can tell you that the D1 guys still consider Florida to be one of the most talented teams in the country. Most folks thought they would win the SEC this year in the pre-season predictions.

Coach34
05-03-2021, 06:53 PM
How do you rank us ahead of Vandy when they have less losses and beat us 2/3?

All 3 teams ranked ahead of us have beaten us. We are 1-6 against the teams ranked ahead of us

CadaverDawg
05-03-2021, 07:35 PM

All 3 teams ranked ahead of us have beaten us. We are 1-6 against the teams ranked ahead of us

Who the hell said we should be ranked ahead of them?

Jack Lambert
05-03-2021, 07:43 PM

Not arguing and what you say is the reason but until this weekend Texas was ahead of us and we beat them.

Coach34
05-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Who the hell said we should be ranked ahead of them?

You did with your post. I think ranking us at 4 is perfect. I think Vandy is the 1st or 2nd best team in the country. I dont think TCU is better than Vandy. So with us at #4- Vandy could only drop 1 spot to #3 and they didnt because they are better than TCU.

Coach34
05-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Not arguing and what you say is the reason but until this weekend Texas was ahead of us and we beat them.

Until this past weekend- Texas had fewer losses than us. Guys, this shit isnt hard to figure out.

CadaverDawg
05-03-2021, 08:22 PM
You did with your post. I think ranking us at 4 is perfect. I think Vandy is the 1st or 2nd best team in the country. I dont think TCU is better than Vandy. So with us at #4- Vandy could only drop 1 spot to #3 and they didnt because they are better than TCU.

I did not. I don't think we should be ahead of Vandy, but they should have dropped for losing 2 of 3. Don't put words in my mouth.

Coach34
05-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Ok dude- but where they gonna drop? They shouldn’t fall below us and we are #4. That leaves 1 spot- #3. Does it really bother you they are ranked ahead of TCU?

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2021, 03:38 PM
Ok dude- but where they gonna drop? They shouldn’t fall below us and we are #4. That leaves 1 spot- #3. Does it really bother you they are ranked ahead of TCU?

I guess he figures both Vandy and MSU should have dropped because they lost 2 of 3 at Florida. Only way his logic works.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2021, 05:35 PM
I guess he figures both Vandy and MSU should have dropped because they lost 2 of 3 at Florida. Only way his logic works.

I'm saying Vandy should not still be #2 after losing 2 of 3. I never said we should be higher than them, I never said we are the 4th best team in the country. Coach put words in my mouth, continued to do it when I called him out, and I chose not to get in a high school back and forth with him like in the past where he has to keep getting the last word in. Its not nearly a big enough deal. Just a thought on a message board.

Turfdawg67
05-04-2021, 05:48 PM

Politics, haven't you heard? ***

Cooterpoot
05-04-2021, 06:16 PM
We'll sweep SC and the world will be right.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2021, 06:21 PM
We'll sweep SC and the world will be right.

Bold. I hope you're right

Coach34
05-04-2021, 07:38 PM
I'm saying Vandy should not still be #2 after losing 2 of 3.

ok- then please tell us where you would rank them? How would you rank the Top 5? Instead of bitching about them not falling- please correct the the top 5 rankings for us according to CadaverDawg

Saltydog
05-04-2021, 07:47 PM
I like the optimism but simply put "ain't happening"......